Post-Game Talk: Lightning doesn't strike twice. Habs win

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Yeah let's forget his size speed leadership and physicality and how that helps us and is hard for the opposition. His cap hit is not entirely wrapped in his production, nor does his cap hinder us in anyway. I for one am glad he's on our roster.
Sure, but if you can have a 21y/o Dach or Sergachev, or top 10 pick, you have to do it.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

I thought there was a slew foot, but on rewatching it, it just kind of looks like Serg out muscles him to me at least.

Edit: Maybe it's a hold, but imo that's a contested puck. It's actually more on Sergachev's stick if anything.

It was a f***ing hold, and should have been a goal for Anderson. He completely wraps his arm around Anderson and pulls him down. An absolute garbage non-call.

I can't believe how much I've gotten to hate the refs over the last 3 years. They're beyond terrible. Just incompetent yahoos who actively hurt the enjoyment of games.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Or you know, do it all like the Lightning. Just draft talent. BPA, always. Sometimes that talent is a 6’6 Russian goaltender. I’m not going to say no because I have Brian Elliott.
  • 2012: Andrei Vasilevskiy (Selected 19th overall by the Tampa Bay Lightning)
  • 2014: Thatcher Demko (Selected 36th overall by the Vancouver Canucks)
  • 2014: Alex Nedeljkovic (Selected 37th overall by the Carolina Hurricanes)
  • 2014: Ilya Samsonov (Selected 22nd overall by the Washington Capitals)
  • 2015: Mackenzie Blackwood (Selected 42nd overall by the New Jersey Devils)
  • 2016: Carter Hart (Selected 48th overall by the Philadelphia Flyers)
  • 2018: Jake Oettinger (Selected 26th overall by the Dallas Stars)
  • 2018: Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (Selected 54th overall by the Buffalo Sabres)
  • 2020: Yaroslav Askarov (Selected 11th overall by the Nashville Predators)
TBH this list is a bit better than i thought it would be (Demko is good), but is this really your strategy? use your first round pick to try to find the needle in the haystack that comes around 2 or 3 times per decade?

no way man, invest in skaters. goalies are a total crapshoot in today's NHL. we've both said our peace, happy to move on at this point.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
You have it right. There is contact.

GugOd8h.gif

Yeah, his left leg sweeps out Anderson's right.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Anderson lean in to the contact to cut to the net but Sergachev doesn't on can't stop him from cutting to the net he hook is arm and using is hip and knee to get leverage throw Anderson off balance it kind of a slew foot but using is arm and hip/knee... The issue Sergachev play the puck and just toss him so effortlessly it hard to think it was dirty just a battle for space but hard to understand that it isn't a penalty...

Reactions: the

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Sergachev is gonna get a fine, but should be suspended. The non-call on slew foots are a complete joke. Literally one of the most dangerous things you can do on the ice.

Reactions: Redux91

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
  • 2012: Andrei Vasilevskiy (Selected 19th overall by the Tampa Bay Lightning)
  • 2014: Thatcher Demko (Selected 36th overall by the Vancouver Canucks)
  • 2014: Alex Nedeljkovic (Selected 37th overall by the Carolina Hurricanes)
  • 2014: Ilya Samsonov (Selected 22nd overall by the Washington Capitals)
  • 2015: Mackenzie Blackwood (Selected 42nd overall by the New Jersey Devils)
  • 2016: Carter Hart (Selected 48th overall by the Philadelphia Flyers)
  • 2018: Jake Oettinger (Selected 26th overall by the Dallas Stars)
  • 2018: Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (Selected 54th overall by the Buffalo Sabres)
  • 2020: Yaroslav Askarov (Selected 11th overall by the Nashville Predators)
TBH this list is a bit better than i thought it would be (Demko is good), but is this really your strategy? use your first round pick to try to find the needle in the haystack that comes around 2 or 3 times per decade?

no way man, invest in skaters. goalies are a total crapshoot in today's NHL. we've both said our peace, happy to move on at this point.
I never said it’s a strategy. Who is doing the strawman argument now? I just said you can’t ignore a goalie just because you have one that’s passable.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
I never said it’s a strategy. Who is doing the strawman argument now? I just said you can’t ignore a goalie just because you have one that’s passable.
i'm arguing you can -- and multiple cup winners in the last 10 years support this view

and it really did feel like your strategy was "draft the next Vasilevskiy" :dunno:

ready to move on?

btw how did Carey Price era work out for us? best goalie in the world for ~10 yrs, what did we have to show for it?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Haven't watch the game a lot.
Too bad Anderson is injured oh no not by that D Sergy, dirty D

So how is Gallagher baby today? Young and fresh or done past done ?
It's a post mortem for him? yeah, no ?

Reactions: Runner77

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
i'm arguing you can -- and multiple cup winners in the last 10 years support this view

and it really did feel like your strategy was "draft the next Vasilevskiy" :dunno:

ready to move on?

btw how did Carey Price era work out for us? best goalie in the world for ~10 yrs, what did we have to show for it?
That’s his fault or management’s fault for making Desharnais the 1C and trading up for the likes of Tinordi.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Never said they were. But tons of people here don't want to trade him EVEN IF they were.
Ah, I see.

Personally, I really wanted him moved before he started playing with RHP. He's really been good since then though. I'm ok with keeping him. Hopefully, he fully recovers from this ankle injury and it doesn't affect his speed.

Reactions: jaffy27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad