GDT: Lightning @ Devils: The 2016 HF Devils Oscars

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hope this is Tootoo's farewell lap, with this last minute shift.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sounded like some boos there to end the game.

I'd be booing too, tired of getting shutout all the time.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
dCwoeT.gif

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

I could not be in attendance tonight, but if I was, I would probably have booed too.
And I rarely boo the Devils, I could count the times on one hand through the seasons.

Two nights in a row of dreadful hockey by NJD.

If Rico is injured, shut him down for a month and let him heal.
He looks shot.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
So many goals against when all the opposition did was simply throw the puck on net. 3 f the 4 goals were scored this way. How many times have we given up ugly goals in these two weeks?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How did I know the ''Celebrating Martin Brodeur'' Barnabas Health commercial would be the first commercial to start the break just now?

They really need some other Marty commercials with other quotes and highlights.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

There were actually people left to boo? I cleared out with like five minutes left at 4-0 and it was already pretty empty by then. I'm not usually a beat the traffic person but at that point my friend wanted to leave anyway and honestly that game met my criteria of leave early (either down five after two periods or down four late in the third).

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Now of course, selling does not mean that we're gonna sell EVERY UFA.

The guys I'm talking here are Tootoo, Ruutu, Gionta, Farnham. If you really think we're gonna get anything for them, when we got nothing for Havlat and Ryder last year, you're completely mistaken, Just to put it nicely.

The only nice things we have to be sold are Stempniak and Schlemko. Havlat and Ryder sucked last year, but they at least had merit and a reputation as being good players just a year or so before last season.

I mean, when was the last time Ruutu was good? 4 years ago? Maybe 5? Half a decade ago? When was the last time Tootoo was a decent third line player? Half a decade ago?

4th line guys like Gionta and Farnham are never really in demand at the deadline.

Some of the UFA's they'd literally have to throw in the trash to get rid of them.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There were actually people left to boo? I cleared out with like five minutes left at 4-0 and it was already pretty empty by then. I'm not usually a beat the traffic person but at that point my friend wanted to leave anyway and honestly that game met my criteria of leave early (either down five after two periods or down four late in the third).

Haha it did sound like a very faint or quiet boo.

I figured it was because the place was emptied out.:laugh:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Glad I picked this game to be my first live game since November.

Honestly. You don't want to say they didn't care because I'm sure that's not true... but it looked as close to that as possible.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Glad I picked this game to be my first live game since November.

Honestly. You don't want to say they didn't care because I'm sure that's not true... but it looked as close to that as possible.

I think they did try the first two periods but they didn't play very well and Tampa did, when that happens against a better team you're gonna get wasted. The third period they just got stupid frustrated and packed it in but the horse was already out of the barn at that point and they knew it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't question their effort tonight, at least not in the first two periods.

They had the best start out of any of the last two games, even better than the Rangers game. That was a bad start too.

They mailed it in for the 3rd, but that's common when teams are out of it. We weren't coming back anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad