GDT: Lightning @ Devils: The 2016 HF Devils Oscars

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Welcome Ladies and Gentleman to the first annual HF Devils Academy Awards

vPMqt3r.png

Hosted by none other than.... your very own KaossKing!

693TkNb.png

-

Our first award of the night is a catagory dedicated to those working behind the scenes, making everything possible.
BEST DIRECTOR

And the Award goes to....

RJJAupp.png

RAY SHERO
for
"Making The Best Of It"

-

Our next award goes to those who set everything in motion, who work to ensure everything goes to plan.
BEST PRODUCER

OFHG0kA.png

JOHN HYNES
for
"What I'm Working With"

-

The evening's next award goes to the very best in foreign drama.
BEST FOREIGN FILM

tE3lmbr.png

ILYA KOVALCHUK
for
"THREATVALCHUK: A RUSSIAN TRAGEDY"

-

Before we continue, lets take a moment to remember those we lost this year.

BzAwcCy.png

LOU LAMORIELLO
THE LAFFS
2OsVEfa.png

PETE DEBOER
THE NEW OLDEST TEAM
2D0hDTn.png

RYANE CLOWE
SCRAMBLED BRAINS
48S6Lb6.png

BRYCE SALVADOR
JUST BAD
r1Xll7b.png

MAREK ZIDLICKY
UNSURE: VIEW OBSTRUCTED

-

Our penultimate award goes to those actors who support their drama, adding depth and character to a story
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Ayzsldt.png

STEVEN STAMKOS
for
"GUYS, I'M TOTALLY NOT SIGNING WITH THE LEAFS"

-

Our final award goes to the best of the best, the peak of the acting profession, for a performance so sublime, it transcends acting and becomes something much more.
BEST LEADING ACTOR

79gln8p.png

JOSEPH BLANDISI
for
"THE ASSASSINATION OF JOSEPH BLANDISI"

Blandisi had this to say following the awards..
2WSBwxC.png

Well that about wraps it up for tonight.

Just one more thing.

:devils LETS GO DEVILS :devils

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
i would say we are rapidly approaching a "must win" game here tonight have to get two points tonight

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
i would say we are rapidly approaching a "must win" game here tonight have to get two points tonight

Considering it's the last game before the deadline and against a team we're chasing it may well be a must win if the team wants to avoid being a seller.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Love the GDT Kaoss, it definitely lacks blimps though!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Devils vs Rangers: 5-2 win
Devils vs Rangers Central: 6-1 loss
Devils vs Rangers South: TBD

I noticed Ryan Callahan is having a very poor season there. 23 points in 59 games.

Maybe it will be like Zajac last year, who was just having a bad season at that age. But that's an expensive 3rd liner if he doesn't bounce back. And a cap hit higher than Zajac's too. He had a great season there last year.

But I guess we should praise Marty St Louis. Many people were afraid that Lou might go after Callahan to replace Zach when he was a UFA that summer. If not for that Martin St Louis trade to the Rangers, Callahan might never get traded there and we end up overpaying for him.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I noticed Ryan Callahan is having a very poor season there. 23 points in 59 games.

Maybe it will be like Zajac last year, who was just having a bad season at that age. But that's an expensive 3rd liner if he doesn't bounce back. And a cap hit higher than Zajac's too. He had a great season there last year.

But I guess we should praise Marty St Louis. Many people were afraid that Lou might go after Callahan to replace Zach when he was a UFA that summer. If not for that Martin St Louis trade to the Rangers, Callahan might never get traded there and we end up overpaying for him.

I think Cally will bounce back, but the style he plays isn't exactly conducive for that. So who knows?

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
LFMA

Great GDT, that Blandisi's tweet is gold!

However, I'm kind of hoping for a loss tonight. A win tonight may give Shero false hopes about this season. Sell !

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Cally will bounce back, but the style he plays isn't exactly conducive for that. So who knows?

I think it's premature to say a 30 year old player is seriously in decline like that, which is what I constantly pointed to when talking about Zajac last year. When discussing Zubrus the year before though, I didn't give him the benefit of the doubt because he was gonnna be 36 and had be in the league for almost 18 years. So I think it's fair to expect Callahan to bounce back next year.

But I have always seen people say his style of play would lead to a sharper decline or it coming earlier than most. So we'll have to wait to see next year.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I think it's premature to say a 30 year old player is seriously in decline like that, which is what I constantly pointed to when talking about Zajac last year. When discussing Zubrus the year before though, I didn't give him the benefit of the doubt because he was gonnna be 36 and had be in the league for almost 18 years. So I think it's fair to expect Callahan to bounce back next year.

But I have always seen people say his style of play would lead to a sharper decline or it coming earlier than most. So we'll have to wait to see next year.

All that shot blocking takes a toll on a human body. Now what helps him is that he's on a highly skilled team. I actually like Callahan, and now that he's off the Rags, I actually cheer for him. Although I won't be doing that tonight.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
All that shot blocking takes a toll on a human body. Now what helps him is that he's on a highly skilled team. I actually like Callahan, and now that he's off the Rags, I actually cheer for him. Although I won't be doing that tonight.

I never really minded him much, he's okay. I'm just glad we didn't sign him, if there was ever a possibility. Not with the current he got at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad