Pre-Game Talk: Lightning at Rangers - 11/17/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
There shouldn't be a video or anything of the sorts. Hope they get a cheer first time on ice but other than that it's another game on the schedule and they're all on another team. Could care less about boyle stralman and especially callahan and once the game starts so should everyone else. Personally find it ridiculous anyone would wear a callahan jersey tomorrow night. Sold my tickets just so I don't have to hear the guys who sit behind me talk about their love for callahan all night

Last edited by a moderator:

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
**** Callahan
Might go tomorrow (today?) just to boo him

Positive feelings for Byron Boy

No strong feeling either way on Stralsy

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Cally will forever be my favorite Ranger from this generation. It's going to be very, very tough to see him play against us for the first time.

BleedinBLUEsince92

Oct 30, 2009
Northern NJ
There shouldn't be a video or anything of the sorts. Hope they get a cheer first time on ice but other than that it's another game on the schedule and they're all on another team. Could care less about boyle stralman and especially callahan and once the game starts so should everyone else. Personally find it ridiculous anyone would wear a callahan jersey tomorrow night. Sold my tickets just so I don't have to hear the guys who sit behind me talk about their love for callahan all night

How's it ridiculous if someone wears his jersey tomorrow night? Yes it's ridiculous if somebody is still obsessed with the fact that he's gone but not if your wearing his jersey? Not everyone can afford to have a ton of jerseys. You don't need to bury your Rangers jersey just because a player may not be on the team anymore.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
True, thankfully Callahan's absurd contract demands led to getting one of this generations best forwards and a SCF appearance. More importantly, they aren't saddled with giving him 6m+, effectively giving more flexibility to 're sign a better fit in Zuccarello.

BleedinBLUEsince92

Oct 30, 2009
Northern NJ
**** Callahan
Might go tomorrow (today?) just to boo him

Positive feelings for Byron Boy

No strong feeling either way on Stralsy
Why boo him? When he wore our sweater he played his heart out and gave everything he had. Theres so many players you can't say the same for. With today's salary cap and the business side of things we moved on from him. Give the damn man his respect he created many memories for this team. If there was a ex captain to boo it was Chris Drury. Honestly is pathetic to hear anyone say they are going to boo him when we've seen guys like Drury, Redden, Gomez, Roszival Frolov, Zherdev, Higgins etc.

BleedinBLUEsince92

Oct 30, 2009
Northern NJ
You guys make it sound like he signed with the Islanders as a UFA. :laugh:

Seriously lol. I don't like how the contract demands ended either but give the damn man his respect. It's not like he pulled a Kovalchuk or a Parise situation were we offered our captain the same deal but instead chose not to sign with us. Honestly it seems like our management was more in favor of getting Marty St. Louis on this team than continuing to negotiate a deal with Cally.

DieByTheShield

Fire AV
Sep 15, 2014
San Diego CA
Why is everybody ******** on Callahan? Like someone else earlier said, it's not like he signed with the Islanders as a UFA. He was a good player and a great captain, and a major contributor to the Rangers these past few years. Cut him some slack.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Seriously lol. I don't like how the contract demands ended either but give the damn man his respect. It's not like he pulled a Kovalchuk or a Parise situation were we offered our captain the same deal but instead chose not to sign with us. Honestly it seems like our management was more in favor of getting Marty St. Louis on this team than continuing to negotiate a deal with Cally.
It is very comparable with the Parise situation. Both teams offered lucrative contracts and wanted to re-sign them. Parise did give them a finals run, Callahan left midst of the season.

If Callahan was an integral piece to the Rangers like Parise was to the Devils, there would probably be more bitterness on display. It is not though because we ended up getting MSL, who is a freaking legend. Callahan quickly became an afterthought.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Don't get why rangers management treated stralman like crap.
not negotitating over a 4th line plug is one thing but stralman played out of his mind last year and they didn't even make an offer?

Anyways, Callahan is getting cheered tonight. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just...:help:

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Callahan is only good because he plays with 1000% effort all season that's why he's always hurt and in the playoffs when everyone else steps it up he can't perform as well. If Nash played with callahans effort every night he'd probably be top 10 player in the league

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
Why is everybody ******** on Callahan? Like someone else earlier said, it's not like he signed with the Islanders as a UFA. He was a good player and a great captain, and a major contributor to the Rangers these past few years. Cut him some slack.

Just like he cut us some slack when he over valued himself and put the team first right?

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Thanks!

And as for Callahan, he's just a pretty dislikable player. Never was a fan. Zero personality and a huge diver.

The fact that he left because of major greed is only a bonus

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
I think there will be some boos mixed in but mostly cheers. I'll be there tomorrow night and I'll be cheering for all 3. I thought Callahan did get a little money hungry at the end (whether it was him or him just getting bad advice from his agent remains to be seen) but I'm not going to let that get in the way of 7 years of him busting his ass for this team night in and night out. I wasn't the biggest Callahan fan around but he was truly what it meant to be a Ranger.

Rangers gonna do a little tribute at the beginning of the game for the 3 of them or no? I know it was a big deal when Boychuk and Thornton came back in Boston.

I have to agree with you, I'll be cheering for him as well and he was far from my favorite Ranger even before last season. I could never really bring myself to boo a former player because of contract negotiations. And I honestly don't understand why Jagr is booed whenever he returns to the Garden. The only former Rangers I would consider booing are those that were openly critical of the organization and never wanted to play here, such as Quintal, or those that floated around, gave minimal effort, and underperformed as a result.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
Lol cally wasn't a dislikeable player. Everyone loved cally those years with torts. He's probably the greatesttgrinder in the NHL. Also I will always have respect for him when he blocked that chara shot and many other shots every night. He was a good player for the rangers and captain wise we all knew hank and Richie controlled that locker room.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Wait. What!??

Please win a game in regulation. I'm talking to you NYR!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/17/s...an-helped-tampa-bay-to-a-fast-start.html?_r=0

Good article about Boyle, Cally and Stralman. I'm very surprised to hear that they are all bitter the way things went down. I can get why Cally is, but the other 2 not some much. I hope they understand it wasn't so much as their abilities as it was a cap issue. The 3 of them signed nice contracts, but less then what they asked for form the Rangers. The 3 of them are playing well and putting up points and winning games. No need for the bitterness.

Cally looks badass in the article pic :help:

Avery had a higher playoff ppg. :laugh:

Dont ridicule the great 16! Avery is GOAT :rant:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I don't even want to think about the revenge those three might want tonight.

AHB*

Thanks!

And as for Callahan, he's just a pretty dislikable player. Never was a fan. Zero personality and a huge diver.

The fact that he left because of major greed is only a bonus

He may have not been the best captain, he may have not had the most outspoken personality and he may have had injury problems, but the guy gave 1000% every time he put that sweater on.

This is coming from a guy that doesn't even care for Cally that much. Boyle and Stralman were my 2 favorite players last year.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Pretty sure if Kreider lines up Stralman and destroys him on the forecheck (with a clean hit, of course) there are going to be a lot of very upset posters here :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille