Pre-Game Talk: Lightning at Rangers - 11/17/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Fans of every team are fickle, sometimes things are better left unsaid. He's an idiot if he doesn't think he's going to get cheers tomorrow.

I think there will be some boos mixed in but mostly cheers. I'll be there tomorrow night and I'll be cheering for all 3. I thought Callahan did get a little money hungry at the end (whether it was him or him just getting bad advice from his agent remains to be seen) but I'm not going to let that get in the way of 7 years of him busting his ass for this team night in and night out. I wasn't the biggest Callahan fan around but he was truly what it meant to be a Ranger.

Rangers gonna do a little tribute at the beginning of the game for the 3 of them or no? I know it was a big deal when Boychuk and Thornton came back in Boston.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
There definitely should be a tribute. Nothing Cally said is untrue though it's unlike him to say that. There's definitely some bitterness and some stuff that went down that no one knows about.

Wish I could go but grad school homework is a little more important.

Cally was my favorite Ranger of the modern era. That 2011-12 Atlantic Divison Banner that hangs from the rafters he'll always be part of.

That team was close. If Sauer was healthy, Dubinsky was normal that year, and they would've picked up Rolston on waivers I still think that team makes it to the Finals. I will never let the Rolston thing go ever as silly as it sounds. He could've really helped the PP and fourth line for that run.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Oh, Ryan Callahan, I wish you hadn't called us fickle. :facepalm:

Wait. What!??

Please win a game in regulation. I'm talking to you NYR!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/17/s...an-helped-tampa-bay-to-a-fast-start.html?_r=0

Good article about Boyle, Cally and Stralman. I'm very surprised to hear that they are all bitter the way things went down. I can get why Cally is, but the other 2 not some much. I hope they understand it wasn't so much as their abilities as it was a cap issue. The 3 of them signed nice contracts, but less then what they asked for form the Rangers. The 3 of them are playing well and putting up points and winning games. No need for the bitterness.

Last edited:

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
I think given the injuries to our D and lack of depth I miss Stralman the most.

Yeah him and Boyle are tough guys to replace. Stralman was pretty underrated here, same with Boyle, went from overrated to underrated. Cally on the other hand, when the games got tough he was usually nowhere to be found. We don't make the cup if we had Cally over Marty.

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
Stralman, Boyle, and Callahan should all be cheered. I have no doubt that there will be some boos, as there is every arena when a player who signed with another team comes back.

Got to say though, I do not miss Callahan one bit. Stralman I miss a lot. Boyle a little bit.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Stralman really resurrected his career here. AV used Boyle better than Torts.

Cally had some good playoffs when he was a rookie and the year after.

I think it's no secret that in 2010-11 if Cally is healthy the Rangers at least make that series closer.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Stralman, Boyle, and Callahan should all be cheered. I have no doubt that there will be some boos, as there is every arena when a player who signed with another team comes back.

Got to say though, I do not miss Callahan one bit. Stralman I miss a lot. Boyle a little bit.

Feel the same way with Callahan. Like I said, respect everything he did and how he went all out when here but there was never a point following the trade where I said "wow, I miss Ryan Callahan." On the contrary, anytime we kill a penalty I find myself saying I miss Boyle, especially when I see Glass out there :laugh:

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Always liked Stralman. Really solid and steady player for us for 3 years. Wasn't a big Boyle guy until last year and then I found myself really hoping he'd stay.

Callahan on the other hand was all about the money, asking for more than 7.5 million when negotiations started with the Rangers. I don't miss him at all. I respect what he did around here but for a 2nd/3rd line tweener who excelled at playing a physical, grind it out game, did none of that in his last 2 years here, and never in the playoffs.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Wish we kept Boyle and Stralman, but alas it wasn't to be.

Hope all 3 get a warm welcome.

Boyle-Moore-Fast would look mighty good right now as a 4th line damnit.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Feel the same way with Callahan. Like I said, respect everything he did and how he went all out when here but there was never a point following the trade where I said "wow, I miss Ryan Callahan." On the contrary, anytime we kill a penalty I find myself saying I miss Boyle, especially when I see Glass out there :laugh:

Pretty much. I forget Callahan exists all the time. Now, Boyle/Stralman are two players I find myself missing immensely and often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad