GDT: Lightning at Panthers v1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I'm guessing it'll be streamed on the Lightning or the Panthers website, or both.
Anyway, hopefully everyone stays healthy, and the team gets a little more adjusted to the system.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Game time 7pm EST

So the last two battles are between Stillman/Brown and Hunt/Totinato/OT. I'd expect all the cuts would be made after the game, then have Saturday for a full team preseason finale game.​

So, we're keeping one of Stillman or Brown and how many of the 3 forwards? 1 or 2?

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Is there a cap space issue if we carry 23 players? I don't understand why we would risk losing Hunt to waivers when we can just keep him and carry 23 players?

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Dude, I will be so happy if we let Pysyk go. I have a loaf of Wonderbread in my pantry more exciting than him.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I hope not. I would be highly upset if we lose Hunt to waivers.

Seems pretty clear to me that we send down Toninato (exempt) and Stillman(exempt) or Brown (don't think he'll get claimed) and carry 23 players. 2 extra forwards and 1 extra D.

Apparently the plan is to carry 22, though...so I'm not sure how this will play out.

Then again, if Greco clears waivers, I don't think Hunt would get claimed, but who knows. Hunt has more clout at the NHL level than Greco.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Seems pretty clear to me that we send down Toninato (exempt) and Stillman(exempt) or Brown (don't think he'll get claimed) and carry 23 players. 2 extra forwards and 1 extra D.

Apparently the plan is to carry 22, though...so I'm not sure how this will play out.

Then again, if Greco clears waivers, I don't think Hunt would get claimed, but who knows. Hunt has more clout at the NHL level than Greco.
Well, elephant in the room. Send down Malgin.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Wonder if anyone would claim pysyk on waivers or would we have to give up an asset? I have no problems with him as a bottom pair dman, just his salary is too high for our cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad