Post-Game Talk: Lightning 3 @ Canucks 2 OT | BoJesus tried to save us but OT wins again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Why do you doubt it? We literally can't take and can't make playoffs. We are in NHL pergatory.

A) Calgary was actively trading away futures for stuff back then. Benning will most likely be a seller at the deadline unless we're 2nd in the league or some ****.
B) Calgary's prospect/youth pool couldn't hold a match to what we have.
C) We have more games played than the teams just barely below us. We'll most likely be in the 6 to 10 range, which is just fine.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
If Horvat was still playing like he was in the first near half the season the tank would be fully in motion. As it is, the team is stumbling towards a pick out of the top 6.

Good

Markstrom -emerging as a legit NHL goaltender. Guess it will be him and Demko down the line. Wish they could get something for Miller but unlikely

Horvat - seems to be the de facto captain at the minute. Whole team seems to be looking to him.

Baertschi - could have had a couple tonight. Finally showing his wheels at this level.

Bartkowski - maybe best effort of the season. Coverage around his net seems to have actually improved. Good on the PK and was efficient in his end.

Hutton - on defense is playing a quiet, effective game and keeping the team out of trouble. Starting to show some of his offensive upside as well. Looks like future top 4 material

Bad

Higgins - did he play????? Absolutely the invisible man. I guess if you don't get too involved you can't do that much bad but, on the other, did nothing offensively. Actually Higgins has got a good gig. Skate around a bit, sit on the bench and stuff another couple of millions in your pocket. Got to be - Etem in and Higgins out.

Sedins - Henrik should sit if he is hurt. The only time (outside of one PK rush) they looked like anything was on the PP. Amazing the team is surviving with so little from them 5 on 5. Might be burnt out after strong first half to the season.

Cracknell - looked like AHLer tonight. Brutal with the puck tonight.

Prust -looked like a seal clubber in this one. Playing with the bad ankle but boy was his puck handling crude.

Other points

Why not try Virtanen in the OT. He has absolute breakaway speed and any opening and he is in. Overall, Virtanen played well. His potential is sky high and mostly he was doing the right things with the puck. Certainly more fun watching him than someone like Higgins floating around.

Not impressed at all with Stamkos. Teams thinking of picking him up need to take a hard look at his game. Showed one good burst of speed in the OT getting back but other than that skating did not look elite. On the other hand Hedman may be the best d-man in the League. The Swedish National teams defense should be very strong with the likes of him, Karlsson and Edler around

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
If Baertschi ever fully gets it at this level, we'll have a really nice piece for our top 6. I hope the dinosaurs in this organization put him in situations to succeed and give him some rope.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
If Baertschi ever fully gets it at this level, we'll have a really nice piece for our top 6. I hope the dinosaurs in this organization put him in situations to succeed and give him some rope.

7 points in the last 7 games. I think he's getting it.

Though it could just be a hot streak. If he can consistently play like this the trade will be a success

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
A) Calgary was actively trading away futures for stuff back then. Benning will most likely be a seller at the deadline unless we're 2nd in the league or some ****.
B) Calgary's prospect/youth pool couldn't hold a match to what we have.
C) We have more games played than the teams just barely below us. We'll most likely be in the 6 to 10 range, which is just fine.

Disagree with A/B.

I agree with C, standings are so deceiving. We have a lot more games played , also we have the least amount of wins in the leauge. Not getting a top 5 would be a failure.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Didn't play much due to penalty in 2nd.
Made some nice passes in 3rd but play died on Higgins' stick.

Felt happy for him.

That is the way he should play.

Straight line.

That finesse, harlem globe trotter WJC type of play is absolute kryptonite to him.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Neh, you said something like he needs to be in AHL

Yeah I think his play in the first 35 games of this season 100% warranted him playing in the AHL. If you don't agree that's fine but you were watching a different player than everyone else.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Markstrom's last 10 starts, this is how many goals we've scored for him.
1, 0, 0, 2, 2, 0, 1, 2, 3 & 2

He's played awesome but not going to win a lot of games scoring 13 goals in 10 games.

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
7 points in the last 7 games. I think he's getting it.

Though it could just be a hot streak. If he can consistently play like this the trade will be a success

You mean if he can consistently produce a point a game, we can consider moving a 2nd rounder for him a success?

Let's not over-praise the guy. I expect at least TWO points a game from my 2nd round picks.

I think we can safely assume this is a hot streak for Bae.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Remember some posters claiming Horvat's lack of foot-speed would mean he'd never be much more than a second-line centre....guy now is probably the fastest guy on the team.:biglaugh:

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
You mean if he can consistently produce a point a game, we can consider moving a 2nd rounder for him a success?

Let's not over-praise the guy. I expect at least TWO points a game from my 2nd round picks.

I think we can safely assume this is a hot streak for Bae.

He has been good the last 14 games, I think it's safe to say he has turned the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad