Post-Game Talk: Lightning 3 @ Canucks 2 OT | BoJesus tried to save us but OT wins again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Last time we played Tampa it was perhaps the most lopsided in regards to penalties (favouring the Lightning) in Canucks history, and we still got a satisfying win and stuck it to the refs. Lightning play in Edmonton the previous night.

And anyone who wants to do GDT's go for it. We welcome any contributions.

Last edited by a moderator:

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
Anyone know a 4-8 year old that can do up a GDT in crayon and just use that night in and night out? don't even tell them how to spell the names properly, just let them go ham on it, I support this.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Things I'd like to see but with Willie you'll likely never see.....Vrbata moved on to the Sedin line in the absence of Hansen; McCann between Higgins and Burrows, instead of with a plug and a fire hydrant on the fourth line; Virtanen on the Horvat-Baertschi line; Cracknell back in the middle with Prust and Dorsett; Vey joining Pedan in the pressbox....and please, can we just see one pp shift with Baertschi and McCann?

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Things I'd like to see but with Willie you'll likely never see.....Vrbata moved on to the Sedin line in the absence of Hansen; McCann between Higgins and Burrows, instead of with a plug and a fire hydrant on the fourth line; Virtanen on the Horvat-Baertschi line; Cracknell back in the middle with Prust and Dorsett; Vey joining Pedan in the pressbox....and please, can we just see one pp shift with Baertschi and McCann?

RH1mWJo.gif

damack

Jan 3, 2014

or Vey joining Weber in the pressbox, Pedan playing. Higgins can stay in the pressbox too, bring someone else up.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
or Vey joining Weber in the pressbox, Pedan playing. Higgins can stay in the pressbox too, bring someone else up.

Totally agree, but that would be like taking the safety blanket away from Limus.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Chris Higgins has 1 assist in his last 21 games. Let that sink in before you want McCann playing with him instead of plugs and fire hydrants. For all the heat he gets, even Virtanen still has more points (in a handful less games) than him.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006

Vey didn't look bad last game. I'm ok with him staying in. But Pedan definitely needs to dress over Sucktowski or Weber.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Vey didn't look bad last game. I'm ok with him staying in. But Pedan definitely needs to dress over Sucktowski or Weber.

Agreed about pedan. Ben Huttons mobility has made bartkowski redundant. Guy is just a train wreck defensively. Reminds me of shane obrien

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Shane o'brien scored on his own net during a pulled goalie power play call for the extra attacker......... You can't buy that kind of intangibles

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
So... how many goals will Marky be allowed before he is benched for a month or two now that Miller is back? My bet is that unless he allows only one goal or posts a shutout, Miller will be in for the next one and then go straight back into starter "rotation" regardless of performance.

I want:
Sedins Vrbata
Bae Bo Virts

Edler Tanev
Hutton Weber
Biega Pedan

I shall receive:
Sedins Higgins
Dorsett Bo Prust
Dorsett Vey Burrows
Dorsett Cracknell Bae

Weber and Bartkowski triple-shifted.

:sarcasm:

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
I don't know if Hansen is healthy - he took quite a beating last game, but I wouldn't to break up the Horvat - Baertschi combo and I'd like to see Jake get into a game sooner rather than later. I also thought Vey played his best game in a long time vs the Canes. For me, if Higgins rotates back in, with Grenier and Kenins assigned back to Utica it would probably be Prust on the pine. WD probably won't sit Prust even with the Bolts not being an overly physical team, but assuming Hansen is out:

Sedin Sedin Vrbata
Baertschi Horvat Burrows
Higgins McCann Virtanen
Cracknell Vey Dorsett

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I would be fine with Vey on RW with Baertschi and Horvat. Had a nice play on the PP, maybe it carries over.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Baertschi-Horvat-Vey
Burrows-McCann-Virtanen
Prust-Cracknell-Dorsett

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
I wonder if the NHL will put the same reffs in this game that they had back in Tampa.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
I wonder if the NHL will put the same reffs in this game that they had back in Tampa.

Of course they will. They failed in their mission to provide TBay a win last time so they'll need another shot at completing the job.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I don't know if Hansen is healthy - he took quite a beating last game, but I wouldn't to break up the Horvat - Baertschi combo and I'd like to see Jake get into a game sooner rather than later. I also thought Vey played his best game in a long time vs the Canes.

I'm not really a Vey hater but I don't know what you saw from him to warrant that comment. He cost a short-handed goal against and his assist wasn't really a big factor on the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad