Post-Game Talk: Lightning 1 @ Panthers 5 - 5/8 - v 4.1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
After watching last night's game, my take a while back of OT being a playoff performer might not be that far-fetched. The guys more than performed all four years he was in juniors and in the playoffs. A Jr sample size, but a sample size none the less.
I'll start making room on the bandwagon for people to hop back on.

I never left the OTrain

Rockaway Rob

Jun 30, 2007
Need to get under Fat Pat's skin. Shouldn't be hard :popcorn:
I found his off season hangout
3C83956B-808A-472B-AA2B-FF671AB787EB.jpeg

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
The key to 95 percent of the series is Vasilevskiy. If we can get to him we will win the series.

I think the keys are Stamkos and Kucherov. With these two players at the top of their game, I don’t see us winning this series. Doubtful they will be though, especially Kucherov.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Stamkos is not the Stamkos of old 5v5, Kuch has been out for what 9 months doubt he can get in match shape in time to affect the series.
I’m not worried about 5v5. With either or both of these guys on the PP they will be good for 1 or 2 goals a game.

Reactions: Mase

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
I’m not worried about 5v5. With either or both of these guys on the PP they will be good for 1 or 2 goals a game.

Kuch is the one im worried about but we have enough fire power to match it.

Its gonna be the goalies that decide this series imo.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
After watching last night's game, my take a while back of OT being a playoff performer might not be that far-fetched. The guys more than performed all four years he was in juniors and in the playoffs. A Jr sample size, but a sample size none the less.
I'll start making room on the bandwagon for people to hop back on.

Tippett definitely strikes me as the type who ups his game in the playoffs, I think we have a few players like that.

Reactions: Cold Cat

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Guys, we have an 18 and 16 goal scorer on our 3rd line. We have three legit scoring lines, and enough grit and skill to force them into making mistakes, create odd man rushes, and put pressure on their weakened defense. Kucherov returning does scare me, but we can match them, line for line.

I still feel that if Bob gives us good goaltending, and we stay out of the box, we win this series.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Probably going to go over the pat maroon interview on spitting Chiclets again with a fine-tooth comb to pull out any good jeering information on him to pass along to Florida fans.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
This wasnt discussed much, but in light of the Goodrow injury news, how awesome was it to see Acciari knock his ass to the ground and then Huberdeau pushing that douchebag back down and standing over him?

Reactions: Vilam and Mase

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
I dont think tb has that ability if Hedman's injury is really that bad. He is the cornerstone of their team. We'll see what kind of condition he is in. Their fans have a right to be panicked though.

They aren't panicked. They are just coming up with excuses to absolve themselves and their team of any pressure. Oldest trick in the book. Djokovic does this in tennis. Loser athletes and fans do this. It cheapens a potential win by their opponent and they know it. No Lightning fan is acknowledging the impact of Ekblad's loss on Florida. Even without Ekblad, I'll be disappointed if we don't win the Stanley Cup, and that's the attitude every winner has. Play the hand you're dealt. No f***ing excuses.

Reactions: BabyBarkov and KW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad