Post-Game Talk: Lightning 1 @ Panthers 5 - 5/8 - v 4.1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019
always belonged.. just needed confidence and to be used properly.. Its great to see.. i am impressed by the vision and passing
\

Add to that, he is starting to realize that his own speed and power he can generate, he's much more aggressive in playing the body in all zones.

Some times it just a Coach being patient enough with a kid to give him a chance to figure it all out. Of course Q is "old school" and I'm sure pretty demanding and stubborn, but it is hard to argue with results.

A few bumps in the road in getting to this point, but hopefully Tipp (and the Panthers) will be the better for it :nod: :thumbu:

Reactions: JP Mick and iam76

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
So pumped for playoff hockey, actually think we have a great chance!

stammer coming back does not worry me at all he is not the same player any more, Kuch on the other hand can win a series on his own but out for a whole year i doubt he will make that much of a diffrence.

Lets go panthers and lets win a round!!!!

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
6097433a895e9.image.jpg

Michelangelo_-_Creation_of_Adam_(cropped).jpg

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Well, we showed Tampa we could beat them in a physical game. I strongly doubt they will attempt to play a similar game on Monday.

Now let's beat them in a skill game.

Tampa's defense doesn't seem to be a strong point, other than Vasi. I think the Panthers are in his head a bit and scoring an early goal against him really seems to throw him off.

Tampa is used to playing with speed but the Panthers actually have more speed, which is why, IMO, they tried to goon it up (and failed).

Tomorrow's game should be interesting. Let's see which Lightning team steps on the ice.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Bill Zito has done EXACTLY what I hoped he would do with this line up. We've added depth down the middle, physicality, defense, grit and determination. There were numerous games last year where I questioned if the players even cared - they were easy to play against. Not this year.

No matter what happens in the playoffs, Billy Z has come in and turned this franchise upside down with his signings and trades. Bennett, Duclair, Wennberg, Montour, Gudas, Hornqvist, Verhaeghe, Forsling, etc. all proven to be excellent additions. It's exactly what the doctor ordered for this organization.

Let's. f***ing. Go.

It really highlights just how bad Tallon was. Zito comes in here and makes this team a competitor in one year; Tallon was here for a decade and crapped all over himself and the fans, just a complete inability to finish the job.

Luongoisthegoat

Mar 23, 2021
So pumped for playoff hockey, actually think we have a great chance!

stammer coming back does not worry me at all he is not the same player any more, Kuch on the other hand can win a series on his own but out for a whole year i doubt he will make that much of a diffrence.

Lets go panthers and lets win a round!!!!
A round? I want the whole thing brother. Is that asking To much ? LOL

Reactions: FLpanthers16

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
This was a fun one even though these last games of the reg season do not count for much. I'd call every game with fewer bruises and tweaks than what the opposing team has accrued a win.

Tampa looked a bit sluggish but they still played dirty hockey. Would love to see the Panthers sweep them in the playoffs. With Hedman out, Kuch and Stammer coming off from the cap circumvention operation/rehab, the Bolts aren't exactly in the best shape so this series is easily winnable for the Panthers.

Fat pat can get Fat tomorrow

That's the good ol' $5k penalty. Nothing more, nothing less.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

[Insert Oprah's "Everyone gets..."]

I reckon that the NHL will include these $5k fines to alongside of every penalty at some point. These might have some financial consequences to bottom6ers who live off from racking up penalty minutes.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
After watching last night's game, my take a while back of OT being a playoff performer might not be that far-fetched. The guys more than performed all four years he was in juniors and in the playoffs. A Jr sample size, but a sample size none the less.
I'll start making room on the bandwagon for people to hop back on.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
This was a fun one even though these last games of the reg season do not count for much. I'd call every game with fewer bruises and tweaks than what the opposing team has accrued a win.

Tampa looked a bit sluggish but they still played dirty hockey. Would love to see the Panthers sweep them in the playoffs. With Hedman out, Kuch and Stammer coming off from the cap circumvention operation/rehab, the Bolts aren't exactly in the best shape so this series is easily winnable for the Panthers.

That's the good ol' $5k penalty. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bruh

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Basically, the Lightning think they can just flip the switch and dominate. Not sure they have that ability this season.
I think the Panthers have the ability to do that this year, but alas I already think their switch is flipped on.

Reactions: PSLguy

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Basically, the Lightning think they can just flip the switch and dominate. Not sure they have that ability this season.
I think the Panthers have the ability to do that this year, but alas I already think their switch is flipped on.

I dont think tb has that ability if Hedman's injury is really that bad. He is the cornerstone of their team. We'll see what kind of condition he is in. Their fans have a right to be panicked though.

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I dont think tb has that ability if Hedman's injury is really that bad. He is the cornerstone of their team. We'll see what kind of condition he is in. Their fans have a right to be panicked though.
I didn't realize his injury was significant. I was thinking he would be ready come game 1.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
He's gonna play, but he's gonna have surgery in the offseason so it is at least a somewhat significant injury.

The only real downside is that we don't get to settle once and for all which one is the best Swedish dman in the state of Florida: Hedman or Ekblad?

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
So for now just us with 2 fines and 1 hearing for TB? What about the Palat cross check/boarding on Acc and the Colton tackle on OT?

You just have to accept that the NHL is kinda like the WWE nowadays. The Bolts as the reigning champions have the league offices in their back pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->