Post-Game Talk: Light summer breeze

3 Stars

• Total voters

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I don't care what anyone says, we're not winning a series against this team if we can't figure out alternate ways of getting out of our zone with the puck low without ringing it around the boards for a turnover the majority of the time.
I don't care what the negative fans say. We can beat this team in a series because we have more talent. They get tired. We take the lead and keep the pressure on. Igor is better than their guy. We have enough stars to come up with a big play. Screw Carolina and their boring ass system

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Great win. Third period was excellent, playoff style by the Rangers. Held the line very well, quick outs for resets when they needed and when they had puck support there they were breaking out with speed and creating rush chances. In the defensive zone took away all Carolinas time and space and we’re pressuring and stifling them all over the ice. I love how they played that third period.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
gutsy win.

Completely lost all hope after that 5 on 3. Battled back and got stronger as the game went on.

Our breakout really needs to be addressed... From personnel to schematics, it needs to be overhauled.

Hopefully this breaks Fox out of his funk. Panarin has been old Panarin for quite some time now. Confidence in Shesty again.

Kane isn't built for playing Carolina it seems... judgement comes after the Playoffs.

Schneiders best game in a long while

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I keep stressing this. They are not creative offensively. They feed off mistakes. Not once did I see any semblance of a creative play by them. Straight lines on odd man rushes. If Shesty is on, he will make the saves
Yeah they also don’t defend well when opponents get that first bit of room they need to make a creative play. Granted they’re excellent at not giving up that room much at all.

Reactions: will1066

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I don't care what anyone says, we're not winning a series against this team if we can't figure out alternate ways of getting out of our zone with the puck low without ringing it around the boards for a turnover the majority of the time.
You may be right, as there's certainly nothing certain in the playoffs; but it's an odd call to make when we beat them in the playoffs last season, and are 3-1 against them this season...

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Terrific effort in that third.
Wish Kane had ability to keep up.
The Kid line terrific at actually being able to move puck around and use their bodies in the o zone.

Almost hard to believe 88 is a liability out there. He really does look lost and too slow to make the proper plays.

Reactions: bl02

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Fr8uoBxWwAECqUE

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Again the best and most encouraging sign about this team is that Igor is all the way back.

Also funny how a GDT full of Panarin complaints and ho hum just the tying goal and amazing pass on the game winning goal. We’re so spoiled to have a player like him and all anyone wants to do is complain about what he doesn’t do. How about what he actually does? Dude is a reliably dynamic offensive player game in and game out and all he does is produce.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad