Rumor: Lies & Deception Thread | Adam Larsson signs with Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
It’s actually about performance based on valuation of the contract you sign.

Decrying every single move as horrific and then taking the ones that don’t work out as wins isn’t about probabilities, it’s just lazy

I'm happy that Smith proved me wrong last year even if he turned into a pumpkin when it counted.

I don't think expecting lightning to strike twice (well three times when you consider he's here for two more years) is very smart.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Sign Ryan Murray and Travis Hamonic to roughly $4-$4.5 combined (hopefully both to 1-2 year deals) and you're fine.

Nurse Bear
Keith Bouchard
Murray Hamonic
Russell

Is not much different than

Nurse Barrie
Jones Larsson (terrible pairing)
Koekkoek Bear
Russell

The Oilers started with last year.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
I expect Stauffer will spend his show talking about how Larsson wasn't really that good anyway so no big loss.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'm happy that Smith proved me wrong last year even if he turned into a pumpkin when it counted.

I don't think expecting lightning to strike twice (well three times when you consider he's here for two more years) is very smart.
Do you sincerely believe the Oilers are betting Only on Smith for this year, let alone the next two?

North

Jun 25, 2009
Sounds like Larsson was a lock around 4 until we treated him like a given and didn't protect him, then brought in Keith (a lesser player) at 5.5.

That’s a narrative pushed by HF posters.

We tried to sign him before Keith was even an option and he started to drag his feet then.

We were close with him during the playoffs and then something changed.

Then we put a few deals in front of him and the narrative was that he likes to take his time and think about things which is why he hadn’t signed yet.

He wanted to move on and he did. Had nothing to do with Keith regardless of what some on HFOilers would like to think.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
X - McDavid - Puljujarvi
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
X - X - Kassian
Shore - McLeod - Archibald

Nurse - Bear
Keith - X
X - Bouchard

X
Smith

6 holes left to fill, 5 of which are impact ones

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I wouldn't bother giving any of the current UFA defenseman term based on Larsson leaving. It's a weak market with aging mediocre options. A guy like Savard will still likely be overpaid and over-termed.

I sign Barrie, because you need Nurse to go all Norris again. But I think you might be better off just signing a guy like Danault as the 3C and running with the suspect D unit in the short term until you can afford address it.

it doesn’t have to be Savard though. I was more upset about losing Barrie than Larsson, because Larsson is easier to replace. I’d rather have Larsson too, but you talk to Savard, Goligoski, Hjalmarsson, Edler, Murray, Demers, McCabe, Martinez, etc and see who you can get for shorter term at a reasonable cap hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad