Rumor: Lies & Deception Thread | Adam Larsson signs with Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This must suck for Holland too. Exclusive signing period so Holland couldn't even really do much.
Bet Holland is fuming right now.

On the bright side, if Larsson was so set on leaving, he did us a favor picking Seattle.

Reactions: Faelko

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

So, uh, what should Holland have done here then? Given him more money? My bet is you would then have complained about him overpaying Larsson.

Fair enough. But get ready for a massive overpay for a different UFA dman.

We don't have any leverage now.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Why would it?

Probably not directly related to the Keith contract itself but I wonder if Larsson expected this deal to get done before the expansion draft when the Keith trade changed things and didn't feel like he was a priority.

It makes no sense otherwise based on everything we've heard from Larsson himself and the media about him liking it here.

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
Larsson is better than Keith and it's not close. If the plan is to resign Barrie, then Holland has downgraded the defensive core.

Reactions: alphahelix

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Why? You guys are acting like Larsson was bobby orr lol....He wanted to leave nothing you can do there are other options.
What other right shot d are out there at Larssons level?
Hamilton is worse defensively but better overall and will be making quite a bit more over term
Barrie is much better offensively but small, weak and terrible defensively

Every other option is clearly worse.
So really what options are out there?

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
It's so odd because by all accounts, he really liked it here and was enjoying the "leadership" role. Something doesn't pass the sniff test here.

Could the Keith trade have soured Larsson because he wanted to be signed before the expansion draft?

I'm not shocked that Larsson left but I thought it was be for the bigger dollars. That doesn't appear to be the case here.

@CupofOil Yeah I don't get it at all. I'm pretty baffled by this. I thought he was happy enough in Edmonton and don't see why he would uproot his life there only to move to an expansion team in Seattle for the same money. Could it be a locker room issue? Or is he not as happy knowing that Klefbom (which I assume is his closest friend on this team) might be done? Did he just want a fresh start somewhere else? Or did he want to get out of the spotlight in Edmonton maybe? I have no idea but I hope we get the full story on this.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
We could end up with 20 million + in cap space here.

I think the better option for this group as it stands is to pick up two top six wingers. One bottom 6 guy with skill. This teams biggest problem by far is having to rely on two players to get things done. We've essentially have 1.5 lines worth of offensive threats. Montreal had four lines who can produce offence. Tampa too. We have one and a half at best. Our bottom 6 is beyond anemic offensively. Getting more scoring into our lineup will solve a lot of these problems that our D corps is bound to have. There is no saviour we can sign to fix our back end this year. Bring Bouchard in, maybe bring in one more defenceman on the cheap who can PK, and spend the rest on forwards.

Hall
Hoffman
Tatar

Make it happen. This gets us into contender status. Oh, and I guess a goalie ... lol.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Probably not directly related to the Keith contract itself but I wonder if Larsson expected this deal to get done before the expansion draft when the Keith trade changed things and didn't feel like he was a priority.

It makes no sense otherwise based on everything we've heard from Larsson himself and the media about him liking it here.
It's pretty common for players to bull shit to the media

Reactions: Jakey53

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
What other right shot d are out there at Larssons level?
Hamilton is worse defensively but better overall and will be making quite a bit more over term
Barrie is much better offensively but small, weak and terrible defensively

Every other option is clearly worse.
So really what options are out there?
It;s almost like you can trade, and Larsson was below average except for a 50 game stretch here.....some of you are crazy.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
I really didn't think Larsson was that good. In fact, I think he's very easily replaced, and as mentioned a dime a dozen defenseman.

What worries me is the fact this dime a dozen defenseman shut down a long term contract/same money with the Oilers, with the likes of Nurse, Drai, McDavid to go to an expansion team. Just doesn't look good on the Oilers.

This has definitely messed up Holland's offseason plans, you can guarantee that. He now has some massive holes on the back end to fill. We legit have 1 defenseman (MAYBE 2 in Keith) that is still capable of playing top 4 minutes now in Nurse.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Don't blame him to be honest. Seattle is an unreal place to live and they should be able to pull together a decent team this year. Gets away from all the "Hall for Larsson" BS, and likely the Oilers will be worse going into next season than they were this season.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We could end up with 20 million + in cap space here.

I think the better option for this group as it stands is to pick up two top six wingers. One bottom 6 guy with skill. This teams biggest problem by far is having to rely on two players to get things done. We've essentially have 1.5 lines worth of offensive threats. Montreal had four lines who can produce offence. Tampa too. We have one and a half at best. Our bottom 6 is beyond anemic offensively. Getting more scoring into our lineup will solve a lot of these problems that our D corps is bound to have. There is no saviour we can sign to fix our back end this year. Bring Bouchard in, maybe bring in one more defenceman on the cheap who can PK, and spend the rest on forwards.

Hall
Hoffman
Tatar

Make it happen. This gets us into contender status. Oh, and I guess a goalie ... lol.
We went from needing a good starter to a top 10 starter to not bleed goals against lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad