Lies and myths

Oct 22, 2012
  1. We are a skilled and fast team
  2. We are a stronger team, we won't get pushed around again.
  3. We are a puck posession team

Any other lies and myths fit bill?

Is this what Therrien called the habs?

I believe, and still believe the first point, but that's about it. If you came into this season thinking habs will play a stronger game because of murray and parros then you should watch other teams. Their respective games doesn't amplify the strength of other players, it's not a multiplier, no +200 strength to Desharnais.

One lie I don't believe is that MB is a bad GM. This is year 2 people. Watch a blackhawks game. He is trying to mimic that to the best that he can with the current assets. Desharnais showed promise, he tried to get a discount and it failed. Oh well! We lose what? Cap space? It's fixable, he hasn't shipped out any prospects for quick fixes so this should help you agree that this is going to take a while. Like everyone I was interested in Kristo, but we can cry about that if he makes an impact the the NHL level.

It's frustrating I know, we are almost there. Showing signs of promise but not yet.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
All of whom are a concern given their lack of contribution (on the board).
None are a concern. If you're concerned about Galchenyuk developing I don't know what to tell you. Subban is a Norris winner and Price is consistently ranked in the top five by coaches, GMs, and the most respected analysts in the country. Max has been a consistent scorer and if he could stay healthy would have much better numbers than he does. Gallagher is better than we could've asked for.

That's a good young core to move ahead with. Not to mention some of the other prospects we have.

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Too much money's wasted on invaluable assets. Bourque, Gionta, Brière, Desharnais, Gorges, etc.There's 20M on five players that don't really deserve that chunk of money. I'll wait until our youngsters à la McCaron, De Larose, Hudon and Tinordi to fill those spots. We'll have to build and manage the best cap space. I want Bergevin to get picks and prospects to re-tool like Doug Wilson have done last year with guys like Clowe and Murray.

hockeyman57

Nov 6, 2013
Goal scoring has little to do with coaching. Plays inside the opposing blueline are about vision, decision making, instincts and desire.

Eller Deshanais Pacioretty all produced last year under Therrien and suddenly he has "coached" them not to produce?

teams adjust but we can't

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Ok, so we are a skilled and fast team that spends a lot of time in our zone blocking shots and unable to put the puck in the net. This does not compute?

Nothing can fix poor coaching. I think Jean-Jacques Daigneault is in over his head as well.

couris

Dec 28, 2005
we are not really skilled. we looked slow as **** against sj ans blues. we can be fast but if you are soff as hell is doesnt matter.

skipp18

Oct 18, 2006
Montreal
I'm glad you started this thread. I was thinking along similar lines the other night during the Blues game.

There is this idea that we are a fast, skilled team, which is true but looking a the Blues I see a fast, skilled AND big team.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Goal scoring has little to do with coaching. Plays inside the opposing blueline are about vision, decision making, instincts and desire.

Eller Deshanais Pacioretty all produced last year under Therrien and suddenly he has "coached" them not to produce?

Coaching has everything to do with scoring.

We are probably the only team that does not send a forward to screen the goalie while in possession of the puck.

We suck at cycling the puck.

We don't forecheck as aggressively as last season.

Our D are not as engaged as they should be. Hard to be engaged from behind the blue line.

We are not a puck possession team.

We are almost exclusively a dump and chase team.

ALL of this relates to coaching. It appears Therrien forgot why this team was successful last season because we did all of the above last season. Jacques Martin has invaded Therriens brain.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
This city has the best fans

Paul McLean is a bug-eyed fat walrus

(he's not fat, he's big-boned)

Carey Price suffered an undiagnosed concussion

Josh Gorges is ... err, happy

PJ Stock only endorses Depends

WhiskeySeven is a ladies man

Overlords owns HFBoards

PyrettaBlaze = best mod ever

Hawkguy is David Desharnais

Actually, jury's still out on that one; has anyone ever seen them together?

Desharnais - invisible on the ice

Hawkguy - hardly ever posts anymore

Mmmm...

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Yeah yeah, Therrien and the management can do no wrong. Geez...

couris

Dec 28, 2005
Coaching has everything to do with scoring.

We are probably the only team that does not send a forward to screen the goalie while in possession of the puck.

We suck at cycling the puck.

We don't forecheck as aggressively as last season.

Our D are not as engaged as they should be. Hard to be engaged from behind the blue line.

We are not a puck possession team.

We are almost exclusively a dump and chase team.

ALL of this relates to coaching. It appears Therrien forgot why this team was successful last season because we did all of the above last season. Jacques Martin has invaded Therriens brain.

:laugh::facepalm::facepalm:

We are not big enough, too small and soff to play a cycle game. We are not a puck possession team as we are not skilled enough. Only Markov and Subban can play this game. Maybe Diaz but he plays scared. Gorges/Murray/Bouillon is a garbage trio to try to play possession.

Looks like the fefans are targeting Therrien to protect their beloved overrated players.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Fact or Fiction?

MB was the brains of player acquisition in Chicago.

MB's real job was to bring Scotty Bowman his diet Pepsi.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Know Excuses (comes in handy during Therrien media scrums)

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
This city has the best fans (false)

Paul McLean is a bug-eyed fat walrus (false)

(he's not fat, he's big-boned) (false, false)

Carey Price suffered an undiagnosed concussion (false, the cow knew what he was doing)

Josh Gorges is ... err, happy (why wouldn't he be :sarcasm:)

PJ Stock only endorses Depends (false, he also endorses Ensure)

WhiskeySeven is a ladies man (patently false, he's nobody's man)

Overlords owns HFBoards (true, he puts up all the ads)

PyrettaBlaze = best mod ever (true, so great that she stepped down as a living legend)

Hawkguy is David Desharnais (false, they're lovers)

Actually, jury's still out on that one; has anyone ever seen them together?

Desharnais - invisible on the ice

Hawkguy - hardly ever posts anymore

Mmmm...

answers in bold

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Blame towards MT isn't at all a way to mask the bad performances of some darlings on these boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad