Lies and myths

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
  1. We are a skilled and fast team
  2. We are a stronger team, we won't get pushed around again.
  3. We are a puck posession team

Any other lies and myths fit bill?

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
We are a skilled and fast team. Poor coaching shouldn't confuse you.

Ohhhhhhhhh... so MT is preventing all of our goals scoring prowess. Ok, got it. Let me guess... you're one of those who blame Parros and Murray for our inability to put the puck in the net also, huh?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
This team is a last place team being floated to a playoff spot by luck. Or whatever people are crying about.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
- We are a team in transition that could've been better with different offseason moves.

- We have a good young core moving forward: Price, Subban, Max, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Eller plus some stuff on the farm.

- We're not big - who the hell said we were?

- We're not contenders

- We should be doing better than we are

- We make inexplicable coaching decisions in terms of ice distribution

- I'd expect us to be a playoff team

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Goal scoring has little to do with coaching. Plays inside the opposing blueline are about vision, decision making, instincts and desire.

Eller Deshanais Pacioretty all produced last year under Therrien and suddenly he has "coached" them not to produce?

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
Another lie (many like to tell themselves):

We're a really good team, if only (insert player/coach/Molson Center staff) would go away.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site

I'm not a fan of MT but he only goes with what he has. 8 years of poor asset management by who ever you want to blame, taking the wrong guys at the draft table have caught up to ther Habs. Look at the farm system and who do we have that could replace anyone on the forward position with size that can put the puck in the net. Anyone that has been drafted the last two years are still playing junior and even then there is no sure fire top 6 forward in the lot. This is more than the responsibility of one guy and looking forward does not show a pretty picture. In order for us to get better we need to deal with the management from 8 years ago and that traded for Gomez cause that is where our problems really started in my opinion. If we want to get bigger and better you need to give up something to get something and onyone looking at our roster would want one of the few players we have with size and skill, No one will take DD, FB, without crap coming back. We are a long way away from being competitive and we can only hope that MB has the balls to make trades like Boston, Toronto and even Ottawa getting Ryan but I am not going to hold my breath.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I can send you my PVRs if you like.

So basically you're a condescending poster who likes to stir the pot but won't even produce a single factual argument for a thread that you started.

I can see you're going to fit in here :laugh:

I wonder how many of these panic threads need to be made before they all get locked or merged. We should have Panic Thread I - Merged to hell edition.

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
We are a long way away from being competitive...

And that's why the PR lies and half-truths hurt the process. I don't believe MT thought we played well last night. Internally, I bet he wants to rip someone's head off. But we've neutered enough players and fans into a collective lull, believing we're building a contender. We are so, so far from being a contender.

idk

Jan 11, 2012
We are a skilled and fast team

We are a skilled, fast team. Our transition play when we can generate turnovers is exceptional. Note how many chances we get on the PK, because our guys get in the shooting and passing lanes, generate turnovers and quickly counter attack. However we do not use this to our full advantage. Our entire neutral zone strategy seems to be to back off and play a passive game until (a) the other team gives the puck away or (b) they reach our zone, whereupon we collapse toward the net.

We also don't have a forward that can shoot worth a damn it seems. Gallagher is good in close, but he's not a shooter. Bourque has a shot but doesn't seem to be getting it off all that much these days. Patches is in the same boat as Bourque, but as he seems to still be suffering from his wrist injury earlier in the season (he grimaces a lot after taking a shot on the ice) I'll give him a pass for another little while. Gionta has zero accuracy.

We are a stronger team, we won't get pushed around again.

We are a stronger team than we were last season. That does not mean we won't get pushed around, just that we won't get pushed around as easily. Parros kept Orr from Subban on opening night, and took Reaves to task for his hits against St. Louis. Murray does a good job in front of Price and in the corners (and not so good everywhere else, but I digress). And Emelin will add to this when he returns.

We are a puck posession team.

This is mostly true. We are a counter-punch team. We wait until our opponents make a move and then try to capitalize on it. This makes it very hard to play against top tier teams (who don't make many mistakes).

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
Another lie, actually an error in judgement:

George Laraque had no clue what he was talking about vis-a-vis George Parros, and what he'll bring to the team.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
  1. We are a skilled and fast team
  2. We are a stronger team, we won't get pushed around again.
  3. We are a puck posession team

Any other lies and myths fit bill?

I'm possibly the most negative poster on this board. You are wrong about a couple things. We are a skilled and fast team. We are a puck posession team, all teams are.

We are a small team that is poorly coached.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Connor McDavid and Alex Galchenyuk would be the worst top 2 in the league

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
I'm possibly the most negative poster on this board. You are wrong about a couple things. We are a skilled and fast team. We are a puck posession team, all teams are.

We are a small team that is poorly coached.

Ok, so we are a skilled and fast team that spends a lot of time in our zone blocking shots and unable to put the puck in the net. This does not compute?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad