Player Discussion Lias Andersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
His 5v5 iCF/60 was just under 13 and he created 5 HD shot attempts in those 6 games. Why does he have to drive the line? He's a rookie.

Now sure why you even bring up Howden but he has 6 shot attempts in 4 games since he returned 2 of which are HDCF, he's been pretty good since he's return and i've never stated the opposite.

I don't agree with your take on Lias board play either, he's Always been a good player along the boards.
Agree to disagree.

I think he's the worst board player on the entire team.

Can someone who has the ability to iso him make a video of his 10 mins of shifts in like any of his games? I would love to rewatch this to see how I feel with the benefit of just iso watching him.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Agree to disagree.

I think he's the worst board player on the entire team.

Can someone who has the ability to iso him make a video of his 10 mins of shifts in like any of his games? I would love to rewatch this to see how I feel with the benefit of just iso watching him.

I agree... that’s why he should be in the AHL working on his development... reminds me a ton of how the Yotes almost f***ed up Kyle Turris development
Kyle Turris Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I agree... that’s why he should be in the AHL working on his development... reminds me a ton of how the Yotes almost ****ed up Kyle Turris development
Kyle Turris Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
Agreed

He has no business being in the NHL right now. They should have left him in the AHL for the entire season, so his contract could slide. He hasn’t looked ready in any of his stints, sans for the few games recently when he was playing with Buch and Lemieux. Him playing 7 minute games is doing nothing for him.

I’d be interested to hear what the organization tells him at his exit meeting. I don’t think he’s likely to be a “core” piece for our next contender, but the team needs him to pan out. The optics of a team going through a rebuild and the highest pick they’ve had in more than a decade not amounting to much is horrible.

Tell him to enjoy a month home and be ready to come back in the summer to work on skating and getting stronger with Prentiss

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Agreed

He has no business being in the NHL right now. They should have left him in the AHL for the entire season, so his contract could slide. He hasn’t looked ready in any of his stints, sans for the few games recently when he was playing with Buch and Lemieux. Him playing 7 minute games is doing nothing for him.

I’d be interested to hear what the organization tells him at his exit meeting. I don’t think he’s likely to be a “core” piece for our next contender, but the team needs him to pan out. The optics of a team going through a rebuild and the highest pick they’ve had in more than a decade not amounting to much is horrible.

Tell him to enjoy a month home and be ready to come back in the summer to work on skating and getting stronger with Prentiss
That draft year was always thought to be really crappy...so the 7th player chosen in a crap draft year not panning out to be a top line player isn't the end of the world.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

badi

Jan 21, 2008
He must be tired today with all that ice time,,,,

He should have been in the AHL playing in all games situation all season

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I'm not losing any sleep over his development until next year.

This off season he'll have a good amount of NHL experience to learn from, he and the team will have a very good idea of his areas for improvement, etc. How he comes in next year will say a lot. Minutes, performance etc this year down the stretch isn't all that important to me personally. He's young, the team is bad, he's getting his feet under him. So it goes.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Not totally sure why "he should be in the AHL" is such a flippant opinion when the Hartford Wolfpack is an epic dumpster fire of a team. At this point, the younger players are probably better off gaining NHL experience through the remainder of the season.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Based on watching him play a lot the last 4 years in 4 different leagues + international play ‍♂️

Have you seen him play at all in the US? I can’t imagine actually watching him play in either the AHL or NHL and this somehow being your real opinion.

It would be up there with me claiming that Cody McLeod was an amazing passer.

Reactions: leetch99

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Have you seen him play at all in the US? I can’t imagine actually watching him play in either the AHL or NHL and this somehow being your real opinion.

It would be up there with me claiming that Cody McLeod was an amazing passer.
Watched most of his NHL games and a third or so of his AHL games.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
several years worth of sample size >>>>>>>>>> a single year sample size
He definitely hasn’t had issues along the boards in the AHL either, so really its the super small NHL sample only. I’d say his board play has always been one of his biggest strengths and it’s showed as late as this season in the AHL

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
several years worth of sample size >>>>>>>>>> a single year sample size

That’s fine and good yet doesn’t address the fact that the poster being responded to is quoted as saying that Lias has been good along the boards for years (including the NHL).

Or are we simply not counting the NHL in that sample for reasons unknown that suit the poster’s argument?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
That’s fine and good yet doesn’t address the fact that the poster being responded to is quoted as saying that Lias has been good along the boards for years (including the NHL).

Or are we simply not counting the NHL in that sample for reasons unknown that suit the poster’s argument?
I would much rather take Tobbe's word on this, who has watched him probably as much, if not more, than you have this season...on top of the years he has watched him before.

I don't think he's been particularly amazing along the boards, but I don't think he's been weak either.

Again, I will defer to the stronger sample size here :dunno:

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
These guys are young Filip and Lias .....I wonder if they spend too much time with the girls....not enough sleep.
Lias is out of whack ......nothing like when he first came up. Lets give him a reboot for next year I bet he succeeds and is at least as good as Howden.

Reactions: leetch99

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Then I question how you can possibly come to this conclusion other than pure favoritism or bias.

I like Lias as a prospect. Yet I can acknowledge that he has been (at the very best) subpar along the boards. It’s an issue of his.

I can come to this conclusion because i've seen him play since his D-1 season and he's always been strong on the boards, not sure what's so hard to grasp there? I have no issues seeing the weaknesses in the games of players i like and scout. Board play hasn't been an issue for Lias, it's been a strength of his all the way up to the NHL, in the NHL we don't really have a big sample yet but i haven't noticed his board play as an issue. If you have extended video analysis of his board play to share then i'm willing to look it over.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I would much rather take Tobbe's word on this, who has watched him probably as much, if not more, than you have this season...on top of the years he has watched him before.

I don't think he's been particularly amazing along the boards, but I don't think he's been weak either.

Again, I will defer to the stronger sample size here :dunno:

It’s pretty clear it is one of his weak areas. You can feel free to believe he’s watched him more than I have in the AHL this year. That’s likely accurate as I’ve watched him play there really just a handful of times. But each time I saw him in the AHL, it was an issue. Not as magnified at the NHL level.

I couldn’t possibly care less about his board play in Sweden as it’s simply a vastly different game. That’s meaningless. His struggles in the NHL and his “meh” play in that regard in the AHL are the issue.

No one is saying he can’t improve. But it’s one of the odder things to defend on a guy and actually claim it to be a positive when it’s definitely one of his big areas for improvement going forward.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
It's definitely possible. I do feel like he's been a lot less floaty this time around which is good. But I keep coming back to his balance. Seriously, I know there are ppl who have access to video. .feel free to watch his shifts when he has the puck on his stick. I'd wager anything that like 30 to 40 percent of the time the pcuk leaves his stick because his ass is on the ice after being out muscled or tripping over his own feet or what not.

His balance needs to be priority 1. The play can't keep dying on your stick because you can't stay on your feet.
Find the kid a 20 yr old ballerina....that might cure it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad