Player Discussion Lias Andersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I don't think its "hating" on Lias. If he goes on to the career that you suggest, assuming those point totals are with decent linemates, it is far from a home run for a 7th pick. 40-50 point players aren't that hard to come by in the NHL. A good portion of the fan base wants to ship out a 40-50 point shutdown C on a 70 point pace this year. The return would more than likely be a mid 1st round pick and a prospect. Given the uncertainty of the draft, why do it?
This team isn't contending for at least a couple of years, at which point they can shed the salary for Hank, Staal and Shatty. Keeping young, talented players is a the smart move.

I'll disagree - my point wasn't the 40-50 point player, it's the 2nd line guy that puts up those numbers for a decade that's the key to the "home run".

And, as far as Hayes goes, I've echoed what your implying above - I don't see what's going to come back, guaranteed, that's going to be as good as what we've already got. Hayes is young and you have to keep some core pieces around. I don't care for the "lazy" comments about just about any NHL'er not named Zherdev - it's impossible to be a top 500 player in the world and be "lazy". I'd rather keep Hayes at this point.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I'll disagree - my point wasn't the 40-50 point player, it's the 2nd line guy that puts up those numbers for a decade that's the key to the "home run".

And, as far as Hayes goes, I've echoed what your implying above - I don't see what's going to come back, guaranteed, that's going to be as good as what we've already got. Hayes is young and you have to keep some core pieces around. I don't care for the "lazy" comments about just about any NHL'er not named Zherdev - it's impossible to be a top 500 player in the world and be "lazy". I'd rather keep Hayes at this point.

With any luck, LA develops and becomes more than that 40-50 point 2-3C. Agreed regarding Hayes.

Happy Holidays!

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
When it is all said and done, Andersson will be the guy on this team scoring huge playoff goals more than any player we have. That's his character and intensity level in big games.

Reactions: NY Lito

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I think we should look into other options with Lias and moving him should be one of the options going forward into a new year 2019. It can be a risk of course, but it is certainly a reward as well.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I think we should look into other options with Lias and moving him should be one of the options going forward into a new year 2019. It can be a risk of course, but it is certainly a reward as well.

Dear god man........................

1474.gif

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Reasons why?

Reactions: klingsor

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Unless you mean, like, moving him to wing or something, I could not disagree more. That would be a terribly shortsighted move.

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
My position on Anderson remains unchanged since camp. I'm pretty confident he's going to have an NHL career, though I don't know where he'll eventually land in the lineup.

Above all else he needs to be getting meaningful minutes on the ice. I'd like to see him get a few game stretch on a higher line before sending him down, but I'd also be fine with just sending him down right now. I have no problem with him playing a stretch of the season on the 4th line, like he has, to get some good exposure to the league. However, I don't think that's a good strategy for the remainder of the season.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
They're not moving him because the Rangers most likely see him as part of the "new" core going forward

And anyway, like others said, what's the point? We aren't buyers and his stock right now is low

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

mrich

Apr 27, 2014
This team isn't contending for at least a couple of years, at which point they can shed the salary for Hank, Staal and Shatty. Keeping young, talented players is a the smart move.

If we can find a taker, I'd like to deal Shattenkirk and possibly Smith before the deadline. There is a lot of youth in the pipeline that might benefit from coming up. It will cripple us in the short term, as we give up far too many quality shots per game, but they will gain valuable experience. It would be great if THESE young d-mn cut their teeth at the NHL level a few years before the kid Miller makes the jump. I hope to see him be a top pair dman, but it would be nice to have the ability to ease him in.

My long term hope is that all the young guys will hit their stride about the same time, and the team would be built for multiple runs.

I do agree though, we shouldn't be hitting the panic button, there is salary coming off soon, and we don't need to force it.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

Yeah, let's give up on the 20 year old we drafted 7OA because he's not blowing your doors off playing with McLeod, Beleskey, Strome, & Nieves (all elite NHL'ers) with 6-8:00 TOI a night.

Come on. There's NO way the Rangers are considering giving up on this ship this early.

Reactions: nyr2k2

BlackEye from Xhekaj

Mar 11, 2011
Yeah, let's give up on the 20 year old we drafted 7OA because he's not blowing your doors off playing with McLeod, Beleskey, Strome, & Nieves (all elite NHL'ers) with 6-8:00 TOI a night.

Come on. There's NO way the Rangers are considering giving up on this ship this early.

Head on over to the Oilers board and you'll read the same about Puljujarvi.. 20 year old bust who until now has been playing 8mins a night. Or go over to the Jets boards and read how terrible Vesalainen is going to be (Butmistrov 2.0 as quoted) because he chose the KHL as a development path at 19yrs old.

Juolevi... bust, Alex Nylander... bust, hell, Nolan Patrick... bust.

If a player isn't burning the ice up at 19-20, then they are useless apparently. Even Zibby didn't start looking as good as he is until about 23-24.

I like Andersson's game. It's built on agression, heart and the ability to stick with a play. Once given a real opportunity, I think he'll be a staple in the lineup.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Here’s the interesting thing IMO about Andersson. If this rebuild is successful, especially in the talent accumulation aspect, it’s quite possible he becomes a 3rd liner. (The same goes for Howden.). Which, although critics will attack the selection, Luke end up be better for the Rangers when they are contenders down the road.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Here’s the interesting thing IMO about Andersson. If this rebuild is successful, especially in the talent accumulation aspect, it’s quite possible he becomes a 3rd liner. (The same goes for Howden.). Which, although critics will attack the selection, Luke end up be better for the Rangers when they are contenders down the road.
This is true. Let's just hope he's a 3C like Jordan Staal was a 3C.

Reactions: jas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad