Dreger: Lias Andersson requests a trade

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
What a time to be alive. Islanders are a top organization and top team in the league and the rangers are rebuilding and having former top10 pick requesting a trade.
Hmu when you guys can sell tickets

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Andersson for Juolevi
Right value (or lack of value) but we have so many defensemen the same age already, so many of them also need or project to need PP time, I can't see it.

I guess I'd be happiest with a lower-profile forward who's trending up but still has question marks, someone like Schnarr that the Devils just got

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Realistically, what would the Rangers want in return? What is the position of need?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Literally what he asked for. Why do you think the trade fell through?
Because NY was offering just Lias and Holland doesn't think that he's good enough. There's nothing that's been reported supporting your post.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Quinn has done a great job with the kids but his treatment of Lias has been unfair. Statistically he hasn’t deserved much but it’s hard to put up points when you were stuck on the fourth line with a random combo of Smith/Haley/McKegg/Nieves/McLeod

Lias was our 2nd best player in preseason but Quinn never moved him up the lineup. He started the regular season off well but then went back to being a black hole offensively. Quinn sent down Chytil early in the year to give him confidence and because he hadn’t earned a top 9 role. Why is Chytil playing top line minutes in the AHL while your 7th overall is stuck between grinders? Lias has never even had a chance to play top 9 or on the powerplay. Don’t get why Howden/Chytil play by a different set of rules under Quinn and get top-9 opportunity when Lias doesn’t. Chytil I understand, he’s been fantastic and is clearly a better prospect/player. Howden hasn’t been better than Lias though yet he’s gotten opportunities with Panarin, Kakko, Kreider etc. along with PP time. Rangers mishandled him imo but part of the blame is on Lias too. I think he should’ve been used as a net front presence and a shooter like he’s always been, rather than carrying a line by himself.
Don’t know how they use him in the ahl but
39 pts in 74 ahl games isn’t any close to impressive

Needs to produce in the minor to show everyone that you belong in the big league

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Right value (or lack of value) but we have so many defensemen the same age already, so many of them also need or project to need PP time, I can't see it.

I guess I'd be happiest with a lower-profile forward who's trending up but still has question marks, someone like Schnarr that the Devils just got
You can never have too many D prospects when none of them have made the jump yet

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
In order of need:
A Winger with some good scoring skills
A center with some upside
maaaaaybe a LD
I wonder if the Jets would be interested in a Vesalainen for Andersson swap? Chevy might not want to deal with the Rangers anytime soon, though.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad