Dreger: Lias Andersson requests a trade

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Unfortunate, but the team knows the kid. If theres a reason behind why he's getting this treatment, they know it. I like to think the rest of the team does not idly stand by while a coach grinds a 7oa pick down to nothing because he just doesn't like him. His usage was questionable. I guess he will be someone else's project now.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Tierney for Andersson could be an interesting basis, assuming NYR are looking for a C still (although I'm not stoked on the idea of trading Tierney for an asset that requires expansion protection)

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I don't know how you get "they were negotiating with the Oilers to trade for Puljujarvi" from that.

"the Oilers re-engaged some of the clubs who had shown previous interest in Jesse Puljujarvi. That includes the Rangers"

I think the first sentence says the Oilers were negotiating a trade for Puljujarvi. The second sentence begins with the phrase "that includes the Rangers."

I'm about 100% sure that is how he got "they were negotiating with the Oilers to trade for Puljujarvi" from that.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Maybe by opening your eyes and reading it?

"9. Before the Dec. 1 signing deadline, word is the Oilers re-engaged some of the clubs who had shown previous interest in Jesse Puljujarvi. That includes the Rangers, St. Louis and Tampa Bay. I believe they discussed Lias Andersson with New York, and think Puljujarvi wanted to go there, but things couldn’t close"
- 31 Thoughts

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Does he see Chytil and his success, and feel that should be him?
There's no dispute that Chytil's way ahead of Andersson. On the Rangers board we compare him more with Brett Howden, who hasn't ever been sent down despite not doing anything special with the Rangers. You'd think, outside looking in, Andersson could have been given some of Howden's ice time and linemates. But Andersson's a guy who has made no progress, who just went on strike or whatever this is. Could easily be a "you're not in the room" situation there.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
There's no dispute that Chytil's way ahead of Andersson. On the Rangers board we compare him more with Brett Howden, who hasn't ever been sent down despite not doing anything special with the Rangers. You'd think, outside looking in, Andersson could have been given some of Howden's ice time and linemates. But Andersson's a guy who has made no progress, who just went on strike or whatever this is. Could easily be a "you're not in the room" situation there.
So given that, what type of return are you guys expecting back?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Puljujarvi for him is a no go for Edmonton although it will be suggested a million times. Jesse's upside and value are both significantly higher.

No.

Most I'd give up is Marody and a 3rd.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Andersson requests trade. Bogosian requests trade.

Andersson played with Dahlin and Olofsson on Frolunda.

The 1 for 1 swap is so obvious. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Hamurai

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad