Dreger: Lias Andersson requests a trade

Fnysnipe77

Feb 5, 2018
Lais for pool party.
It'll probably be a better idea to include probably like a 3rd round pick.but since basically the same situation seems to be happening on the ranger side it might be an equal swap

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
in any case one thing is obvious is that Lias has killed off whatever trade value he had left with his interview. Good luck with those X-rays in Sweden, hopefully they are more accurate than the ones in NY and Hartford.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
This pick is officially a huge bust. What a waste. The Rangers won't get a back of pucks for him now. They should leave him in limbo until his contract expires. This fiasco has me questioning the Rangers front office too. Hopefully, JD has stepped in to clean the behind the scenes issues up.

As long as he's sitting out his contract won't expire. It automatically gets tolled.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
I really feel sorry for this kid. People seem to forget he is only 20 years old in a new country and he has had immense pressure on him since the day he arrived.

He is extremely talented and has not been utilised well at all. He is a young leader and works very hard. He is obviously struggling and I hope the time off to be with family and get himself back to a place where is happy can help him get back to enjoy playing hockey again.

I honestly believe that it would be best for him and the Rangers for him to stay in Sweden for now and get himself back up to speed and spend the remainder of this season and all of next season playing in the SHL, if the Rangers would allow it.

Kid gets my best wishes and would love see him in a Ranger jersey again.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Yzerman seems to be collecting reclamation project forwards in Detroit, wonder if he'd be interested?

I have not seen any of that during his Rangers tenure. I think all of those websites all say the same thing when it comes to prospects and to take it with a grain of salt.

X2. I think they used the same snippets for Cory Emmerton back in 2006. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
Evan Rodrigues and Matej Pekar for Andersson and return of Buffalo’s 2021 3rd.
Yuck, no thank you...I don't want this kid anywhere near the Sabres locker room, not to mention Pekar will be the better NHL player out of the two.

They can have Rodrigues for free though.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
That's such a bull**** thing to do. Both from Dreger and the agency. ****ty, sad "journalism".
Dreger did exactly what his job is...he went out and got the truth.

They took a rumor that was hurting the kid's reputation and squashed it before it got out of control...solid work by both sides, to be quite honest.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
Pekar, Huglen, '22 3d for Lias.
F*ck no. Just stop with Pekar for Andersson, it's not happening.

Buffalo loves Swedish players more than anyone, but trading for this kid isn't the answer.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Correction, it would make sense for the Rangers.

It wouldn't make sense for the other team. As a Blues fan, there's no chance in Hell I would part with Kostin for Andersson.

Intresting that you say this, Andersson was a superior player to Kostin so far.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I think, somebody said this already, but the big mistake was when Rangers started throwing young boy around in the very first year after he got drafted.

1st He is drafted out of HV 71 and transfers to Frolunda
2nd He is having a really nice sophmore campaign in SHL, playing really well for Frolunda, but after impressive WJC Rangers step in and move him to AHL
3rd Next season, he spends half of the year with Rangers(4th line of course) and half season in AHL

Have they let him develop in Sweden, would have had a 2nd-3rd line center by now. What a waste.

Pistol Pete

Dec 17, 2007
I feel he needs other Swedes...
Agreed. He is the type of player that Doug Wilson should be targeting right now for the Sharks. There are currently 5 Swedes on the roster to help with any transition, and basically no spotlight in San Jose (especially with how this season is going). It could the perfect change of scenery for Lias (cue Sharks jokes).

In a perfect scenario DW can figure a deal for Andersson and Georgiev.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Intresting that you say this, Andersson was a superior player to Kostin so far.
Well I would rather take the player that is in the Blues farm system that can be reliably called up at any point during the next year to assist the team in a meaningful way as opposed to the player who might not be playing North American hockey until next season.

Superiority means very little when you can't play.

Reactions: Em etah Eh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad