Prospect Info: Lias Andersson - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
It's a horrible take IMO you have on Lias and Howden. What you do in pre-season has to be sustainable in the regular season. Lias wasn't able to do that.

...and the rest of training camp, and in drills at practice. We weren't there so we don't know. Some people, therefore, act like either those things don't exist or are inconsequential.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm sorry the Rangers do really well by their players. I get that some people can go down into a rabbit hole where they're feeling down on themselves and not communicating about their problems. It happens. From what I've read Andersson kind of lost it and needed help and didn't seek it and finally he was in a place where he was looking for someone else to blame for what were really his issues. You can't usually mind read someone. To me it speaks to a certain level of immaturity on his part but that can be something he grows from hopefully. I don't hate the guy but I think it's probably best we move on from him.

It's a horrible take IMO you have on Lias and Howden. What you do in pre-season has to be sustainable in the regular season. Lias wasn't able to do that.
You do see who you're replying to, right?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
...and the rest of training camp, and in drills at practice. We weren't there so we don't know. Some people, therefore, act like either those things don't exist or are inconsequential.

I think one thing going on has been is that Howden has been a lot more willing to do the shit jobs.

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I mean look, I hated that Howden played over Andersson and complained about it dating to Howden's rookie year. Howden isn't good at much and shouldn't be used in anything more than a fourth line capacity.

That said, the fact that he played the role he did made you wonder--or rather, the fact that Andersson played the role that he did made you wonder. We know from how they handled Tony DeAngelo, just because you might be more talented, doesn't mean you'll play. You have to play the way they want, and practice the way they want, and carry yourself the way they want. Now we've seen Andersson throw a temper tantrum and quit; was that kind of temperament evident to the coaches? Did they play Howden ahead of him because Howden is the consummate team-first guy and Andersson showed some concerning traits? Seems kind of likely, at this point.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
But the union is never going to argue something is too lenient. That is the literal opposite of what they are there to do. It would be akin to a defense attorney deciding his client's sentence wasn't severe enough and asking for more jail time.

I really do get where you're coming from, but each individual player pays dues to the NHLPA and that legally entitles them to the support of the NHLPA in disciplinary matters. If the NHLPA instead argued for a member to be punished, they could, would, and should be sued by the player for breach of duty of fair representation.
I wonder if there’s a thought to legislating harsher punishments in the CBA with the understanding that the CBA will step on the scale for the offending player when the punishment is enacted.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Don't understand the trade tbh. I'd have cut him loose or let him rot in Sweden to send a message. Either that or trade him for a 7th and be done with it.

Reactions: Miamipuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad