Prospect Info: Lias Andersson - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Hope that was a case of him missing his target, instead of intending to clip the guy like that.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hope that was a case of him missing his target, instead of intending to clip the guy like that.
That's what it looked like to me. Looked like he tried to line him up but got to Point A quicker than intended and as a result awkwardly clipped the guy up high. I don't see anything there where he appears to be headhunting. Play looks reckless more than anything, but from what I see doesn't look intentional.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Nice to see him putting up points.

Obviously a huge issue was/is his skating, for those who can watch the games does it look like there has been any improvements there at all to start the season?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Nice to see him putting up points.

Obviously a huge issue was/is his skating, for those who can watch the games does it look like there has been any improvements there at all to start the season?

Tough to say with the difference in pace but he looks good out there in the SHL. I still think he has room for improvement but this season he is off to a good start

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Was the hit retaliatory?

don’t agree with the hit while it’s not like we didn’t see Messier and many players do the same.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I’m all for player safety and against head hits yet is it a written or unwritten rule not to touch anybody?

Not their heads, no. You can hit a player without getting a suspension but if you hit a player in the head, they will act on it as they want that stuff out of the game.

I know in the NHL they do not give a f*** about player safety and player health so it's understandable that players get away with this stuff. But in other leagues they actually want their players to live after their career is over.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Not their heads, no. You can hit a player without getting a suspension but if you hit a player in the head, they will act on it as they want that stuff out of the game.

I know in the NHL they do not give a f*** about player safety and player health so it's understandable that players get away with this stuff. But in other leagues they actually want their players to live after their career is over.

the NHL does suspend players. Why they chose to to blindside each other is beyond me. For all the respect demonstrated off the ice they display so much disrespect on.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
A 1-game suspension for a hit to the head isn't going to change the behavior of a player.
Plenty of guys have been suspended multiple times for bad hits and continue to act in that manner. It's up to the player to make the change in his behavior and there is no guarantee big suspensions will correct anything. Not that you shouldn't try --but it's not a "cure" to the problem by any means.

Reactions: romba and GAGLine

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It puzzles me why NHL PA seems to always act on behalf of offender rather than the "victim".

Those DoPS videos remind me of pawn shop tv shows. "Beautiful piece, rare, people will pay a lot of money for this. I give you 10 bucks for it"

DoPS: "This hit was high, reckless, dangerous and could result in serious injury. 1 game suspension"

:laugh:

I know repeat offenders get longer suspensions, but in in the case of Höglander, Edström and Andersson we aren't talking about repeat offenders so I am not going to compare it to that

OrlandK

Oct 18, 2017
Westchester NY
A 1-game suspension for a hit to the head isn't going to change the behavior of a player.
Probably not correct. Generally if you get a one game suspension, don't change your behavior, and initiate another hit to the head the suspension time increases exponentially. I think that is reasonable.

In all fairness, listening to the recent Lemiuex SC podcast, no one makes these plays intentionally, even Tom Wilson (per Brendan). Guys like Brendan and Wilson play to the edge and make aggressive hits 100's of times a season. In a split second a tough legal hit can turn into a head shot because a receiving player turns a bit or just a miscalculation. Not an excuse just an explanation. Important to force the players to be extra careful via suspensions. Reminds me of the stick to head so prevalent years ago. In most cases it was unintentional but careless. By penalizing in any event the number of incidents reduced dramatically.

Reactions: Barnaby and nyr2k2

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
No, they just take hits to the head serious in the SHL. They actually care about player safety
He needs to take a checking class from Kronwall. Elbow tucked. Shoulder to chest or hip check above the opponent’s legs. You don’t need to be dirty to be a big hitter.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

if the opponent makes any move besides the one he made perhaps Lias doesn’t clip his head.

maybe a stretch, but can make a case there is so little hitting in Europe they players aren’t as prepared as North America.

OrlandK

Oct 18, 2017
Westchester NY
if the opponent makes any move besides the one he made perhaps Lias doesn’t clip his head.

maybe a stretch, but can make a case there is so little hitting in Europe they players aren’t as prepared as North America.
It was a bad hit. How is it beneficial to the safety of the game to "stretch" and blame the recipient for a head hit?

BTW - there was plenty of physical play in the just concluded Stanley Cup playoffs, and the four teams that made it to the conference finals were probably the toughest, so there is still plenty of hitting in today's NHL.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It was a bad hit. How is it beneficial to the safety of the game to "stretch" and blame the recipient for a head hit?

BTW - there was plenty of physical play in the just concluded Stanley Cup playoffs, and the four teams that made it to the conference finals were probably the toughest, so there is still plenty of hitting in today's NHL.

@kovazub94 brought up something similar

It puzzles me why NHL PA seems to always act on behalf of offender rather than the "victim".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad