Player Discussion Lias Andersson: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
8 minutes, 10 minutes, 7 minutes.

Whatever your thoughts about the player or his competition that is not helping the team in the long or the short term.

Right back to square one with him.

Send him to the always hungry league if he's not going to play.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
8 minutes, 10 minutes, 7 minutes.

Whatever your thoughts about the player or his competition that is not helping the team in the long or the short term.

David Quinn: "We are not going to have our prospects play 9 minutes a game on the 4th line"

Also David Quinn: "Lias, you get to play 8, 10 and 7 minutes a game"

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
David Quinn: "We are not going to have our prospects play 9 minutes a game on the 4th line"

Also David Quinn: "Lias, you get to play 8, 10 and 7 minutes a game"
Yeah, you know I’ve been hard on the kid, I called him Lias Malhotra last season, but this is a bit stupid having him play on the 4th line with trash. He was probably the best out of Chytil, Howden, and he, yet he’s not given any opportunities.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah, you know I’ve been hard on the kid, I called him Lias Malhotra last season, but this is a bit stupid having him play on the 4th line with trash. He was probably the best out of Chytil, Howden, and he, yet he’s not given any opportunities.

Here's the thing:

If pre-season is reason enough to demote Chytil, it should also be reason enough to have Lias ahead of Howden. It makes no sense

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I don't think many of our forwards outside of the top line have looked good whatsoever...lias' handling may be an issue...but it's small compared to the systemic issues were having allover.

Enjoy the youngest team in the league guys...this is what happens

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
It's just tiring watching him not get a decent chance at this rate. Howden got out on the 2nd line instead.

I think he was with McKegg and Fast while Strome was with Smith and Lemieux. With how things have shaken out, that could be a promotion for Smith instead of Andersson moving up, but I'm not sure.

They should be practicing tomorrow

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I said most of the year last year that he should have been playing in Howden's spot and half of the board tried to convince me I was wrong or why it didn't matter.

He should be given a shot at 2C. Evidently Quinn feels differently, but I don't get it.

I think last year he deserved what he got.

I think this year he's getting shafted. He had a great camp and he's looked pretty good out there in very limited ice time. I don't see what Strome or Howden, or obviously Chytil, have done to slot ahead of him.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You know how you get off the 4th line? You show in limited mins that you deserve more mins. Frankly Buchy did this last year multiple times and worked his way back up the lineup by showing offense in lesser roles.

Lias Andersson certainly hasn’t done that in 3 games. First shot I’ve seen him take was the point blank rebound he had against Edmonton

21 years old now he’s gotta show something regardless of line mates. He’s not playing with tanner glass out there

Reactions: Inferno

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You know how you get off the 4th line? You show in limited mins that you deserve more mins. Frankly Buchy did this last year multiple times and worked his way back up the lineup by showing offense in lesser roles.

Lias Andersson certainly hasn’t done that in 3 games. First shot I’ve seen him take was the point blank rebound he had against Edmonton

21 years old now he’s gotta show something regardless of line mates. He’s not playing with tanner glass out there

You say that as if Brendan Smith and Greg McKegg are better than Tanner Glass

badi

Jan 21, 2008
Rangers have a huge hole at 2 C
If youre not going to give the chance at someone you drafted 7th overall well,,,thats just not smart

Reactions: haveandare

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Lias Andersson certainly hasn’t done that in 3 games.

Certainly? Seems like there's a pretty large number of people who've watched every game and every preseason game who have come to the opposite conclusion.

But if the point is: certainly Quinn judges him not to have done enough because he has not moved him up, then that's hardly a conclusion anyone needed help getting to.

Reactions: mschmidt64

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Greg McKegg is 27 years old and has never dressed in more than 45 games in a season, with a career high of 11 points. Brendan Smith is only in the NHL because he “can” play two positions and has a stupid contract. Tanner Glass played 57 or more games 6 times in his career, plus all 48 in the lockout year, and has broken 11 points four times. Lias is hardly being put in a position to “earn” more ice time by showing some offense. He is, however, doing virtually everything else you could ask of him to prove he deserves more than 9 minutes a game.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
This place loves bitching about things several games earlier than it should so it can tear a rotator cuff patting itself on the back if their suggestion works out.

It also loves ignoring everything that isn't painfully obvious.

Lias looks improved from last year. What kind of minutes did he get last year? So if it worked for improving him last year and if there are other players who deserve an opportunity too than why the hell would Quinn shit on some of those other players just "to try it". You can bitch about it all you like but yes, Strome deserves a shot. It's also just good business to put him in a position to get some points so we can trade him ESPECIALLY if one of the young guns finally proves ready.

What do you think you go up to Strome and say "Hey pal, I know you've only gotten three games with us but y'know I just want to try Lias so f*** you". Great way to work a locker room.

Strome is getting his chance, Lias is continuing to show consistency over several games. If both keep it up then Lias gets his chance. Step off the ledge everyone.

Now I'm prepared to get annoyed when it's the right time after a chunk of games have passed. 3 games in is NOT the time.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Lias earned a higher spot in the lineup to start the year.. I'm just not sure he's looked all that great during the games this far... He's looked much better than previous years... But he hasn't looked good enough to make me freak out... It's not like he's lighting the world on fire... Winning board battles and his incompetent linemates aren't doing anything... If anything I think Brendan smith has been the best player in the line and almost deserves more minutes higher up... As weird as that sounds.

Reactions: Kovalev27

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Certainly? Seems like there's a pretty large number of people who've watched every game and every preseason game who have come to the opposite conclusion.

But if the point is: certainly Quinn judges him not to have done enough because he has not moved him up, then that's hardly a conclusion anyone needed help getting to.

3 shots in 3 games is hardly pushing the coaches to elevate you. Brendan Smith has 3 shots as well plus a post. And he plays half his mind on the PK.

If you aren’t getting mins because the coach doesn’t think you’ve earned more, doing nothing is not going to change his mind. Go get the puck and generate some offense. He won’t because he’s not capable of doing that consistently at this level. He’s going to be a bottom 6 guy because of that lack of ability. So he’s getting bottom 6 mins. Buchnevich on the other hand got glued to the 4th line then worked his way to the third line next to Howden produced there then moved up to the top 6 because he’s a top 6 talent that needed to show it. He did.

Lias needs to show that he’s a top 6 talent. I don’t think he is but that’s my opinion. It’s up to him to go prove it. They aren’t going to hand him top 6 mins when he isn’t taking advantage of playing against 4th lines and third d pairings.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Lias earned a higher spot in the lineup to start the year.. I'm just not sure he's looked all that great during the games this far... He's looked much better than previous years... But he hasn't looked good enough to make me freak out... It's not like he's lighting the world on fire... Winning board battles and his incompetent linemates aren't doing anything... If anything I think Brendan smith has been the best player in the line and almost deserves more minutes higher up... As weird as that sounds.
Well a very noticable flashy player isn't what Lias is and not something we should expect him to be. I know this isn't what you're saying (moreso Quinn's actions) but a David Backes type (in theory) isn't going to wow anyone with 6 solid minutes of icetime. Forget scoring, how can you get consistent forechecks going with basically no icetime; or defend leads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad