Player Discussion Lias Andersson: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko the Capo

Apr 12, 2019
Lias is going to be a beast when the Rangers make the playoffs. I get the feeling he is one of those players that steps up and brings his play to another level when the pressure is on. It is definitely too early to write him off as a bust.

Anyone know if he is spending the summer at Prentiss?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Instead of focusing on who deserves PP time, why don't we focus on who currently is getting PP time and not doing anything with it? That's a much better assessment to determine who you put out there.

this is more a general rebuild comment than anything to do with lias...but i hope they determine special teams time based on long term potential, not current results. i'd rather see the pp struggle with deangelo or hajek or even pionk on the point as they are given the opportunity to learn and grow than for the pp to be great with shattenkirk cause aside from maybe upping his trade value, shattenkirk scoring on the pp does nothing for us long term

obviously the kids need to 'earn' that playing time with their effort but now that we have almost no veterans why wouldn't we put those kids in as many situations as possible so they gain the experience and get a chance to show what they can do

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
I'd love if Lias played LW a bit next season with Zib and Kakko(assuming we get him)
I think playing with these two would bring out his best then we can tell what his best is.
I also think his game would complement these 2 offensive juggernauts

OrlandK

Oct 18, 2017
Westchester NY
I'd love if Lias played LW a bit next season with Zib and Kakko(assuming we get him)
I think playing with these two would bring out his best then we can tell what his best is.
Absolutely - Lias has an amazing skill set. The only reason it hasn't translated to actual production is the players he has been paired with. Put him on the first line with Zib, Kakko, whoever and he will blossom into the superstar he is destined to be.

Reactions: Cag29

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Absolutely - Lias has an amazing skill set. The only reason it hasn't translated to actual production is the players he has been paired with. Put him on the first line with Zib, Kakko, whoever and he will blossom into the superstar he is destined to be.
There is so much wrowng with this post I don't even know where to begin. ..

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
There is so much wrowng with this post I don't even know where to begin. ..

Of course there is. It's a strawman. He's vastly over exaggerating what others are saying, and it's rather intellectually dishonest.

Edit: Look at the guy's post on pg 19 of the thread if you don't believe me

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Lias' isn't a bust.

Lias' isn't a star.

Lias' is a kid figuring it out.

What he hasn't done is earn bigger minutes and more opportunities.

What he has done is at the very least show he's a competent 4th line center.

There's a massive amount of room to grow but he needs to put the work in and show he deserves the minutrs. He hasn't done it yet but I'm not ready to completely write him off.

Id love to see him turn into a Justin Williams for us.

OrlandK

Oct 18, 2017
Westchester NY
Jints just drafted their Lias. There will be debates ad infinitum about the merits of Daniel Jones for years for one reason - picked 6th in the draft. He is a back-up level QB who Gettleman (alone) saw as a quality starter; and could have been picked at 17.

Somewhat similarly Lias appears to be a bottom pair NHLer who we is discussed forever for 2 reasons: (1) picked 7th, and (2) threw medal in stands showing "guts, intensity and leadership".

Lias can make it as a grinder type; a "B" prospect - like a Lindgren, Day, etc. Time to let him become what he will & stop the fantasy that he can justify his high draft selection. It will be to his and the fan bases benefit to do so.

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
Lias is going to be a beast when the Rangers make the playoffs. I get the feeling he is one of those players that steps up and brings his play to another level when the pressure is on. It is definitely too early to write him off as a bust.

Anyone know if he is spending the summer at Prentiss?
I'd rather find out if he was spending the summer with Barb Underhill.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Still intrigued by Lias' potential. Probably rooting for him the most out of all our prospects to have a break out year. Hopefully we get some promising off-season updates on his progress.
Kid played one season of North American hockey, mostly on the 3rd & 4th lines. What was the expectation?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I'd rather find out if he was spending the summer with Barb Underhill.

she's a consultant with the leafs...not sure if non-leafs can work with her anymore. but Lias needs both, improve skating and strength.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Kid played one season of North American hockey, mostly on the 3rd & 4th lines. What was the expectation?

There was a lot going against him - bad teams (AHL & NHL), limited minutes, 1st year NA hockey - but who wasn't looking for him to show some more flash of top 6 talent even with those limited minutes.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

Ceirtainly agree, Lias has always excelled alongside creative players

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

Um yah ok

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There was a lot going against him - bad teams (AHL & NHL), limited minutes, 1st year NA hockey - but who wasn't looking for him to show some more flash of top 6 talent even with those limited minutes.
I was not expecting much from a kid in his first year of playing NA hockey. Yes, he should be expected to take steps forward, but in the end I am not sure that much more was expected.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Patience with Lias and all the kids. This team probably won’t make the playoffs due age and lack of experience.

They need time.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Saying all the right things for sure, and Andersson has never struck me as the kind of guy or player to lie about them. I think this will be the year that he not only earns a spot on the team, but locks it down.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Strength conditioning skating are all good areas to focus on. His balance needs to be priority 1 though..which of course is related to strength and skating.

Probably a make or break year from him in that I don't think he can take a step backwards this season...I don't see the rangers being willing to be patient with him if he doesn't progress at least somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad