7OA

mcilrath 10OA

Cant skate

But... intangibles

hartford

bad feet

Home to Sweden

is he really Russian and not Swede ?

enver lisin was also Russian. They said....

i wanted tarasenko

vague references

bullying is wrong

suck it up buttercup

fire renney

Any questions ?

lmao thanks for this content

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
At this point, this interview has now been analyzed more times than the Zapruder film.

It’s very interesting, and quite delusional for the people who have hitched their wagon to Andersson for one reason or another.

JD’s take on the situation boils down to “the kid just left and won’t talk to anybody so we really don’t know what’s going on”

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Yeah I think everyone is just trying to rationalize Lias' departure by painting the Rangers as the bad guys. He didn't play well enough to stick around and was temperamental about it. It doesn't sound like he's too great at communicating considering he just upped and left. Maybe he did have some off the ice issues with his teammates or the brass. Same thing happens in an office environment and you learn to separate work from your personal life. A toxic environment is a different story and while we don't know too much, I think we can all agree that the Rangers' organization is far from toxic. Thinking otherwise is just baseless speculation.

Reactions: egelband

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Someone needs to ask the agent or Lias a simple question: have you made the Rangers fully aware of what the incidents are/were? If their answer is yes, then, at the very least, it would force JD to respond because his current position is that he doesn't know what the incidents are.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Let's make something clear.

Andersson was allegedly disturbed by something and is allegedly injured.

Yes, but I'll take his word for it until it's proven wrong. Not saying the Rangers or anyone did something wrong, because not everything that is hurtful to someone means it was bad, just how he reacted to it.

Reactions: egelband

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
F***ing dramatic mess which honestly just blows for both sides.

Ranger luck just had to rear it's ugly f***in' face this year, huh? Bread, Tony & Foxy going next level but nooooo we had to have a 7OA bolt on the org.

Honestly, this is worse than Dylan Mac right now, at this moment in time.

I don’t know, maybe some good could come out of it. I think an overhaul is needed.

Reactions: Rongomania

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
If we could move Lias for a fourth then his value isn't negative. LOL. People keep saying he has negative value, which would mean we would be willing to give up an asset simply to get rid of him.

He has very minimal value, one would assume. But it's not negative. It's extremely rare that a guy would actually have negative value.

I was being sarcastic. There are alot of players with negative value. Staal and Smith with their contracts are negative value

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
All that Lias has done so far is leave, give the team an ultimatum, throw vague insinuations about being abused or some shit, and state that he should of been slotted as the 2C out of training camp.

I'm sure he isn't as unhinged as his actions make him appear, but there's no way in hell that I'm going to jump on the "burn management to the ground" train based on the value of Lias' word right now.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I’m almost positive he didn’t say he deserved the 2C spot out of camp

He said he "should of been behind Mika at C" or something very close to that.

There's no way that he would say that and mean he should of been the 3C or 4C. He meant he should of been ahead of Howden and Chytil (he's not wrong there) and Strome (closer call, but maybe not wrong). Either way, he's still looking half a season back and whining about an opportunity he wasn't given.

Konamic Ice Hockey

Jun 13, 2012
Seattle
I think he has been told he would be playing if he was on team X,Y or Z, from either his dad or agent. I think he is just trying to force a trade. LA said he would wait a year and half for his contract to be up if he had too(to play in EU, RU league). JD said this:"Sometimes the other person needs time to try to figure this stuff out. So, time will take care of this, one way or the other. We’ll work at it. We’re not just sitting in there, shutting the door and saying, ‘I don’t want to talk to him.’ There’s been dialogue, especially with his agent, and we’ll try to work our way through it. He’s ours."
What kind of reputation does his agent have? We know LA is an emotional person, he has been up and down from the AHL to the NHL. Put in work this summer and thought he earned a better spot on the team. Has a nagging injury to both feet. 20 year old living far far away from home, both physically and culturally. With all that, all it would take is someone in his ear and you would have a situation like NYR have right now. Someone is also telling him to be vague because of what has been happening in the NHL this year, people will read into it as bullying and abuse.
My hot take anyway. Even hotter, forcing his way on to the Kings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln