Speculation: Lias Andersson asks for a trade - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
To: Larry Brooks
Subject: Question

Hi Larry. What's your HFBoards phandle? I'll hang up and listen.

Regards,
Crease
To: Crease
Subject: Answer

Hi, Crease I'll tell you: It is "Crease". I'll look in the mirror...
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

...we're onto you Crease....if that's your real name...Larry...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Everything coming from JD has been pitch perfect. And you can tell he's genuine.

To be honest, I think it’s the complete opposite. And you can see why things aren’t working out that well quite clearly.

JD’s message is clear, we are perfect, the kid is extremely spoiled. Reality however is hardly that black and white.

I didn’t have high expectations on JD but lol he managed to perform way under them. What a clown.

Edit: Just to be clear, what did JD do wrong? There are so many things. But for starters he can’t assume that he would get a full picture by just “analyzing the situation and welcoming everyone in the organization to talk to him”. Secondly, who the f*** cares if he feels that the organization did something that by some objective standard in a “tough league” is OK? OMG. It’s not 1970. When you are dealing with humans it’s not about what you think, it’s about how the other person reacts to what you do. He thinks a tough hockey player just handles everything? Yeah right, JDs teammates was partying together and got into a fight and one killed the other, I am sure they were tough but I don’t think they were in a great state of mind because of it.

Another thing, “everyone knows there is good guys in our organization”. OMG 2. 99% of all bad guys are good guys. People make mistakes. Nobody is perfect. If anything, since the game/league is so tough — it must extremely hard for a coach to handle everyone. Push the right buttons, not cross lines etc. That is the reality. Lines will be crossed, many times, acknowledge that and handle the situations instead of pulling crap like this trying to shovel everything under the rug.

At least his baritone voice sounds good saying that crap. I bet there is a heck of a lot that can be improved in this organization. To lay down the law like this and claim that everything is perfect and that the kid is to blame is so counterproductive. And so...what you expect.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDirtyH

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
While I find it suspicious Lias isn't telling what the heck happened, the NYR organization blew all their credibility ouf ot the water by immediately pushing the PR story of a diva that was just angry he had to play in the AHL again. It doesn't fit the narrative of this player. I don't trust either party, period.

Reactions: Ail

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
To be honest, I think it’s the complete opposite. And you can see why things aren’t working out that well quite clearly.

JD’s message is clear, we are perfect, the kid is extremely spoiled. Reality however is hardly that black and white.

I didn’t have high expectations on JD but lol he managed to perform way under them. What a clown.

n/m

Misread your post.

Reactions: Ola

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
While I find it suspicious Lias isn't telling what the heck happened, the NYR organization blew all their credibility ouf ot the water by immediately pushing the PR story of a diva that was just angry he had to play in the AHL again. It doesn't fit the narrative of this player. I don't trust either party, period.
This ain't it, chief.

Someone had to say something from either party. JD was the one to say it, and I'd take his word on things a heck of a lot more than what's coming out of Lias' camp right now.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019

Edit: Just to be clear, what did JD do wrong? There are so many things. But for starters he can’t assume that he would get a full picture by just “analyzing the situation and welcoming everyone in the organization to talk to him”. Secondly, who the f*** cares if he feels that the organization did something that by some objective standard in a “tough league” is OK? OMG. It’s not 1970. When you are dealing with humans it’s not about what you think, it’s about how the other person reacts to it. He thinks a tough hockey player just handles everything? Yeah right, JDs teammates was partying together and got into a fight and one killed the other, I am sure they were tough but I don’t think they were in a great state of mind because of it.

Another thing, everyone knows there is good guys in our organization. OMG 2. 99% of all bad guys are good guys. People make mistakes. Nobody is perfect. If anything, since the game/league is so tough — it must extremely hard for a coach to handle everyone. Push the right buttons, not cross lines etc. That is the reality. Lines will be crossed, many times, acknowledge that and handle the situations instead of pulling crap like this trying to shovel everything under the rug.

At least his baritone voice sounds good saying that crap. I bet there is a heck of a lot that can be improved in this organization. To lay down the law like this and claim that everything is perfect and that the kid is to blame is so counterproductive. And so...what you expect.

I think JD made it pretty clear he cant fully analyze the situation until he hears the situation directly from LA. In the meantime he did his due diligence from the organizational side. Having worked in a training environment and dealing with cadets accusing other cadets or instructors of wrong doing the only way you can get the complete picture is getting the story from both sides.

But go ahead and judge JD when you havent even heard Lias' side because he chooses to be mum about it.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

Edit: Just to be clear, what did JD do wrong? There are so many things. But for starters he can’t assume that he would get a full picture by just “analyzing the situation and welcoming everyone in the organization to talk to him”. Secondly, who the f*** cares if he feels that the organization did something that by some objective standard in a “tough league” is OK? OMG. It’s not 1970. When you are dealing with humans it’s not about what you think, it’s about how the other person reacts to it. He thinks a tough hockey player just handles everything? Yeah right, JDs teammates was partying together and got into a fight and one killed the other, I am sure they were tough but I don’t think they were in a great state of mind because of it.

Another thing, everyone knows there is good guys in our organization. OMG 2. 99% of all bad guys are good guys. People make mistakes. Nobody is perfect. If anything, since the game/league is so tough — it must extremely hard for a coach to handle everyone. Push the right buttons, not cross lines etc. That is the reality. Lines will be crossed, many times, acknowledge that and handle the situations instead of pulling crap like this trying to shovel everything under the rug.

Jesus. You’ve had it out for JD ever since he was hired for reasons that STILL aren’t clear, but to take what was reported and somehow twist it into THIS...

That’s some Cirque du Soleil level shit right there.

Last edited:

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008

JD’s message is clear, we are perfect, the kid is extremely spoiled. Reality is hardly that black and white.

I don't share your views on JD.

But the one thing that's just not adding up is the disconnect between Lias and the organization's public commentary.

Lias says there were "incidents" and JD doesn't seem to think there was. How is it possible that JD knows nothing? Wouldn't Lias' agent have to tell the org what the issues were? Would the agent really leave the team in the dark like that? And wouldn't Lias have to tell his agent what the issues were?

I mean, it's either total career suicide to just up and leave a team and not share the full reasons why with your agent. Which seems unlikely. Or it's kinda career suicide for an Agent to not tell an organization why his client has left the team. I mean, the agent has more than just one client. He has relationships he needs to protect too.

Taking that all into account, here are some possibilities for what's happening.

1 - The agent/Lias are preparing to file a legit grievance with the NHLPA and until that's investigated are being tight lipped. But why would they file a grievance before bringing the issues up to the team first to see if they can address? Chances the team would know. Which means either JD is lying about knowing. Which seems odd because why wouldn't they just get out in front of something bad?

2 - Lias is not saying anything to anyone other than his family. And everyone else is baffled. Possible, I guess. Seems unbelievably immature for a professional athlete, even a 21 year old.

3 -- The Agent knows all and is lying to protect his client who's going through something more serious. I guess this is possible. But if it were anything serious the team would need to know. It's almost malpractice to without anything serious.

4 - JD knows much more than he's letting on. He has tried to apologize and sort things out, and is lying to protect... Lias and what little is left of his trade value. I find it highly doubtful that JD is lying to protect the organization as that will only backfire if and when anything truly terrible could come out. If it was truly bad, you'd see heads roll and you might not know why (like the Montgomery situation). If JD is hiding something bad for the org it will look really bad eventually because he will accused of covering something up or almost as bad, he didn't know anything.

If I had to put my money on what's going on? Chances are JD is withholding most of what he knows but not because the incidents are truly bad for the Rangers.

Though, finally, I will say this. David Cunniff left Hartford abruptly for a new coaching opportunity on November 27th. Not much was said about it. And it's odd for a coach to leave right in the middle of the season like that. And oddly, it happened about 9-10 days after Lias was sent down. If anything I do find that timing interesting or at least coincidental.

You could tell from watching the games that Lias was deeply frustrated when he first went down. But one couldn't tell if it was just about his own game or being sent down.

Reactions: Crease

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Edit: Just to be clear, what did JD do wrong? There are so many things. But for starters he can’t assume that he would get a full picture by just “analyzing the situation and welcoming everyone in the organization to talk to him”. Secondly, who the f*** cares if he feels that the organization did something that by some objective standard in a “tough league” is OK? OMG. It’s not 1970. When you are dealing with humans it’s not about what you think, it’s about how the other person reacts to what you do. He thinks a tough hockey player just handles everything? Yeah right, JDs teammates was partying together and got into a fight and one killed the other, I am sure they were tough but I don’t think they were in a great state of mind because of it.

Another thing, “everyone knows there is good guys in our organization”. OMG 2. 99% of all bad guys are good guys. People make mistakes. Nobody is perfect. If anything, since the game/league is so tough — it must extremely hard for a coach to handle everyone. Push the right buttons, not cross lines etc. That is the reality. Lines will be crossed, many times, acknowledge that and handle the situations instead of pulling crap like this trying to shovel everything under the rug.

Must be wild to waste so many words whilst being so wrong

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Honest question where did the Rangers push the PR story of a diva that was just angry?

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

The Rangers never pushed any sort of thing like that out. Try discerning reality and what you read on a message board

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

This is dumb.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Honest question where did the Rangers push the PR story of a diva that was just angry?

The only thing close to Rangers management doing this that I can think of is JD stressing that he has tried to talk directly to Lias, but is only able to get a hold of his agent.

Which, really, isn't a necessary thing for him to say, but it is a response to all of Lias' insinuations over the last day or two.

Honestly, neither side looks great right now but, until I hear different, I'm of the belief that it's all been a precipitate of Lias' childish response to a common situation.

Reactions: egelband

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
If Lias would open his f***ing mouth and tell the organization and fans what the real problem is maybe we wouldn’t all be left to speculate.

He continues to dig a deeper hole for himself, until he mans up and makes a truthful statement.

A complete waste of everyone’s time really. You can spin this anyway you want or call It a generational thing, but when the President of your NHL team calls if you have any aspirations of playing hockey in this league you better pick up and speak like an adult.

otherwise hire a lawyer if there are some serious allegations tied to all of this, don’t leave it up to your agent.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
What, you couldn't tell that JD was just...SEETHING with anger and frustration in that interview?

The absolute spite and vinegar in every word he said was just...wow.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

I do agree that we can’t just assume the Rangers did everything right. And i also agree that the message needs to be tuned to each player. I like the idea that the Rangers want players who can handle adversity, the “tough love” approach. But in fact it takes all kinds to win a playoff round and even a more sensitive guy in the right environment and with the right nurturing could turn into a stone cold killer (figuratively) of a player. I think the Rangers (newish) approach of being hardasses will probably on the whole be successful. But there’s no reason they can’t adjust their approach for a guy like Lias.
I don’t believe that JD is a huge clown though. I think you’re off base there. But i always like to see dissenting, diverse opinion :)

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I do agree that we can’t just assume the Rangers did everything right. And i also agree that the message needs to be tuned to each player. I like the idea that the Rangers want players who can handle adversity, the “tough love” approach. But in fact it takes all kinds to win a playoff round and even a more sensitive guy in the right environment and with the right nurturing could turn into a stone cold killer (figuratively) of a player. I think the Rangers (newish) approach of being hardasses will probably on the whole be successful. But there’s no reason they can’t adjust their approach for a guy like Lias.
I don’t believe that JD is a huge clown though. I think you’re off base there. But i always like to see dissenting, diverse opinion :)

but I don't think at any point JD claimed that the rangers did everything right. not being aware of the issue and not wanting to be told what people read thru translations in no way implies the assumption that nothing was done wrong. what JD did say to lias and his agent is lets talk about it like adults and try to figure things out...how are you going to resolve the issue if you don't talk? and in a way I blame the agent more than lias here. lias is a kid. the agent is supposed to represent his best interest and show know that he should talk to JD (even if it doesn't change anything)

now if they had the conversation and lias aired his complaints and jd blew him off and didn't take it seriously than maybe you could say he thinks the rangers did everything perfectly. but by not having the discussion its completely on lias' camp.

and to be completely honest, there should have never been a need for a phone call because this discussion should have happened BEFORE he left hartford. I've never heard of his agent before, so I dont know if he represents anyone else or what NHL experience he has. but to me, any agent that is worth anything that has a client ready to walk out on his team demanding a trade and potentially ruining his career (and his agents pay) would have been on the phone in 2 seconds with JD and jeff gorton to discuss the situations. JD, gorton and the agent (lias doesn't even need to be there) to discuss his clients issues whatever it was and put the ball in the rangers court to 'make things right' and if they don't or aren't willing to do that, then you ask for a trade and walk out if needed. but you don't walk out and then try to talk thru the media...and again this is probably more on the agent than lias

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
but I don't think at any point JD claimed that the rangers did everything right. not being aware of the issue and not wanting to be told what people read thru translations in no way implies the assumption that nothing was done wrong. what JD did say to lias and his agent is lets talk about it like adults and try to figure things out...how are you going to resolve the issue if you don't talk? and in a way I blame the agent more than lias here. lias is a kid. the agent is supposed to represent his best interest and show know that he should talk to JD (even if it doesn't change anything)

now if they had the conversation and lias aired his complaints and jd blew him off and didn't take it seriously than maybe you could say he thinks the rangers did everything perfectly. but by not having the discussion its completely on lias' camp.

and to be completely honest, there should have never been a need for a phone call because this discussion should have happened BEFORE he left hartford. I've never heard of his agent before, so I dont know if he represents anyone else or what NHL experience he has. but to me, any agent that is worth anything that has a client ready to walk out on his team demanding a trade and potentially ruining his career (and his agents pay) would have been on the phone in 2 seconds with JD and jeff gorton to discuss the situations. JD, gorton and the agent (lias doesn't even need to be there) to discuss his clients issues whatever it was and put the ball in the rangers court to 'make things right' and if they don't or aren't willing to do that, then you ask for a trade and walk out if needed. but you don't walk out and then try to talk thru the media...and again this is probably more on the agent than lias
I’m not claiming anything btw. Just reacting to @Ola ‘s post. I didn’t see JD’s presser. Just speaking in general.

Reactions: Leetch3

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Don't think JD said much tbh. Unless Andersson expresses to someone in the organization what the issue was outside of being disappointed he wasn't an NHLer yet, how can he or the organization know?

He said he called him and Andersson said talk through my agent. JD then did that, multiple times.

All we know is Andersson was disturbed by something and that he is injured at the moment. We don't know for how long he's been hurt.

JD said something because too much was being speculated and if they said nothing on it, that speculation would continue and the narrative would be that the Rangers are ignoring it all together. That had to change.

At this point, there is no trade option. He's in the organization until this is fully rectified or if it doesn't his professional career pretty much is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad