LHD Olen Zellweger - San Diego Gulls, AHL (2021, 34th, ANA)

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He's a week or two from being eligible from next years draft. I hope he grows lol.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
This kid is an absolute stud and just turned 18... he's a couple days from being eligible in next years draft. I dare to say he looked better than Drysdale did in the rookie tournament.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
His skating looked so damn dynamic. His problem of course is battling in defense but as mentioned he only just turned 18. He is almost a year younger than Power.

He was involved in all the goals in Ducks win over Arizona, when we were playing without our big 3 (and Groulx).
He will take some time to mature physically but boy there is some potential in there

Reactions: mratch19

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Had a Gordie Howe hat trick tonight, doing very well, in 14 games played has 6 goals and 9 assists for 15 points. Also is plus 11 for the year.

As per usual, great stuff from Anaheim. But I really wish Montreal picked him - feel this will be a colossal miss.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

JMac13

Jan 10, 2011
Any footage of his fight?

Unfortunately not. I went back and watched the game and even during the fight the camera only showed the main scrum (they were off to the side). From the way the announcers were calling it though, it sounded like he took the worst of it including a big right hand. To be fair he was fighting a 6'1", 200lb guy who just pulled him out of the giant scrum and started throwing. Actual a pretty classless play by the Seattle player imo.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Unfortunately not. I went back and watched the game and even during the fight the camera only showed the main scrum (they were off to the side). From the way the announcers were calling it though, it sounded like he took the worst of it including a big right hand. To be fair he was fighting a 6'1", 200lb guy who just pulled him out of the giant scrum and started throwing. Actual a pretty classless play by the Seattle player imo.
Oh damn, hope he's not injured. Because, yeah, I was really surprised to learn that Zel had a fight :laugh:

JMac13

Jan 10, 2011
Oh damn, hope he's not injured. Because, yeah, I was really surprised to learn that Zel had a fight :laugh:

He seemed fine skating to the penalty box after the fight and played the rest of the game so don't think there was anything major. I was also surprised he had one and had to take a look. He definitely was not the instigator haha.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
1G, 5A tonight, an unbelievable +7! :eek:
That is literally insane, video game numbers. Maybe he will play right side and Canada liked him more than Clarke because of mobility?

He's a short kid but he's thick, I saw him at Ducks camp he is very short but stocky.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Just for additional context- Everett is running roughshod over the WHL lately. In their last 5 games their shot count is 50, 63, 43, 43, 56. That's an average of 51 shots on net per game recently and they have 1 regulation loss in 21 games this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad