Lewis Hamilton: Will he dethrone Michael Schumacher?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Yeah but it's an interesting story line to follow.

Perhaps he's being groomed for greater things, his resume is impressive to this point and it's his first year in the F1.

We'll see.
I think by last season he established himself as more than just Michael's son. I'm glad he got his seat on merit instead of because of who his dad is.

He never really struck me as being among the top of the top in junior categories but I don't see why he wouldn't have a successful F1 career. Just gotta be patient till he can get out of that shithole.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I think he's not too far off of his uncle, but in today's F1 that sadly may not be enough for a long career.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
It's also been banned since 2009. Lewis Hamilton has actually won the last world championship with refueling allowed and six more since the ban. Who knows, if refueling were allowed throughout the course of the sport's history, some might be doubting the greatness of Senna or Prost. Like I said before, when it came to driving the wheels off a car, there were none better than Schumacher, but the fact that he pretty much never had to make a full tank last the entire race makes me question his GOAT status.

And it was even more impressive that his last podium came in his final season. He also drove some dogs of cars (1996 immediately comes to mind.) To me, the best evidence of Schumacher's ability as a driver was how he did with the less-than-stellar cars (putting the Jordan 191 on the grid at Q7 in Spa, scoring six points in the B191, finishing 2nd in the Spanish GP in 1994 while stuck in 5th gear, anything in 1996.)

But having the run of the most dominant cars in the history of the sport leaves you no question marks at all with regards to Hamilton? He's not doing anything the likes of Prost, Senna, Schumacher, Lauda, Stewart, etc.. couldn't do with such an advantage over the rest of the field. You can even throw Mansell in there as we saw in 1992.

And Schumacher had no problem managing fuel and tires. He successfully raced in Group C before F1, he was fully capable of managing them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad