GBU Levi Flames Out - Loss 4-3 at Home to Calgary 10/19/23

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
Is it too early to start studying up on the draft? The team has no concept of team D, lacks intensity, and can no longer seem to consistently generate scoring chances.

They should get Levi away from this mess and send him down. He made some great saves tonight but also needs to stand on his head too much for this team and he is not at that level yet to do so (as some of those goals showed).

Reactions: BuffaloMango

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Kea is such a waste and he calls it badly for both teams.

I would have gone with Comrie tonight. If ANY of the three stinkers had gone in with any other goalie on this roster, pitchforks and torches and bricks would have been out in force.
I’ll play along. Levi had a terrible game. He looked unsettled, twitchy and nervous. Three of those shots had no business finding the net. Should have given Comrie tonight, and saved Levi for Montreal. Aside from that, most of the veterans are playing like shit. When your two new guys and an 18 year old rookie are your best players, something is definitely wrong.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'd love to know the team's home record in blue and gold since the start of last season. It feels like it's about 5-30-1.
17-20-4 last year.
1-2-0 this year.

1697767151438.png

Reactions: SabresFan26

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Is it too early to start studying up on the draft? The team has no concept of team D, lacks intensity, and can no longer seem to consistently generate scoring chances.

They should get Levi away from this mess and send him down. He made some great saves tonight but also needs to stand on his head too much for this team and he is not at that level yet to do so (as some of those goals showed).

He made some saves that looked great because he was so damned out of position. That one late comes to mind when he went down and left the top half of the net open. Luckily for him the Flames player let him off the hook.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I just take solace in the fact that Levi can take his pads off, reflect on his hard night…and get sage advice from UPL or Eric Comrie.

Reactions: yasky

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
EJ's quote is funny, because they can't score right now either.

They have 9 goals on the season.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Johnson is talking about the team defense commitment again. It troubles me that the legit plan seems to have been to take the worst defensive players in the world…but they can score like mad…not replace any of them…and then ask them to commit to team defense while generating almost nothing offensively at even strength.

If you want to play that game…this is not the roster.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
EJ's quote is funny, because they can't score right now either.

They have 9 goals on the season.
They aren’t generating anything. They’ve been trying to play defense. These players aren’t capable of it.

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
He made some saves that looked great because he was so damned out of position. That one late comes to mind when he went down and left the top half of the net open. Luckily for him the Flames player let him off the hook.
He also made great saves on two breakaways and the 2 on 1 on the Tuch giveaway, amungst others. It probably would have been better for him to have stopped the weak ones and given up the breakaways, but the net result would be the same.

The way we play, we need grade A goaltending to win and if we don’t get it we won’t as we give up a shit ton of grade A scoring chances in what seems like every game. You can’t expect a goalie with 10 NHL games to fix the team D. He is not Miller…yet.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
He also made great saves on two breakaways and the 2 on 1 on the Tuch giveaway, amungst others. I know he let in some soft ones but we give up a shit ton of grade A scoring chances in what seems like every game. You can’t expect a goalie with 10 NHL games to fix the team D. He is not Miller…yet.
It is interesting. In an alternate universe he could have let in 0 softies, but allowed a goal on the break aways and everyone would feel a lot better about it.

Might be a good opportunity to reflect and let another goalie grab a start.

Reactions: ottsabrefan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad