GBU Levi Flames Out - Loss 4-3 at Home to Calgary 10/19/23

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good -

Greenway's PKing and defending. The hit on Backlund bringing them back into the game and drawing a penalty on Zadorov because of it.
Thompson getting the monkey off his back.
Jokiharju's strongest game in an age.
The PK continues to be much improved.
Mitts dogged on pucks again.
Sammy boom.
JJP razzling.
EJ strong again.
Breakaway Levi was excellent (twice).

The Bad -

...rest of the time Levi was not good, impatient in net - busy and not settled. Three of the goals are things that can't go in.
Top line d-zone struggles, particularly Thompson's giveaway on GA2.
Benson getting worked after a strong shift leads to a 4-on-3 and the 3rd GA.
Outside of a couple of shifts, no cycle. This was an issue last year and remains an issue now. They are too much of a rush team and not a team that works pucks to the net.

The Ugly -

Ice conditions - players falling, pucks bouncing... whatever they did this week, don't.
An inexcusable late bench penalty. That is on both the people running the bench and the players. Unprepared is too soft a word for tonight.
Kea is a terrible official for everyone.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Like I said in the GDT, the team looks collectively unprepared. And I blame it on the joke of a pre-season, but maybe there's another reason.

The 5v5 offense has dried up especially from the top line. Nobody can make a pass. And we have a goaltending crisis.

dang111

Oct 20, 2017
G: I was finally able to watch a game!
B: I decided it wasn’t worth watching anymore early in the 3rd
U: My desire to watch any more games

Reactions: jd1970

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
Like I said in the GDT, the team looks collectively unprepared. And I blame it on the joke of a pre-season, but maybe there's another reason.

The 5v5 offense has dried up especially from the top line. Nobody can make a pass. And we have a goaltending crisis.
The Sabres are poorly constructed.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
G: Every game is one game closer to something having to finally change

B: Ruining Levi’s development because you have no goalie plan

U: There are 78 more of these?

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
The Adams experiment is a fail.
Get a real freaking gm in here.
Whether we make the playoffs or not this team is hardly in a bad position going forward.

Yes adams needed to make moves to supplement goaltending and another forward.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Good:
- A couple of big hits
- PP scored finally

Bad:
- Levi, particularly the last goal was brutal
- The entire team was soft and effort/conditioning seemed like a problem. They only scored 3 goals because Vladar was also pretty bad.

Ugly:
- Mitts hitting the crossbar on the tying goal with 2 minutes left. Just terrible puck luck. We are up to like 5 posts on the season and I don’t think our opposition has had any.

This doesn’t look anything like last year’s team. Maybe they are trying to learn how to play defensively, but it is painful to watch.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Reading your GBU, Chain, it looks like they should have gone with Comrie. Also, Kea? Gross.

Kea is such a waste and he calls it badly for both teams.

I would have gone with Comrie tonight. If ANY of the three stinkers had gone in with any other goalie on this roster, pitchforks and torches and bricks would have been out in force.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Whether we make the playoffs or not this team is hardly in a bad position going forward.

Yes adams needed to make moves to supplement goaltending and another forward.
I am not convinced they’re in a good position going forward. Unless they’re planning on breaking in multiple rookies in year 14 of the drought…all skill forwards on the 4th line…I don’t know how they’re sitting good when they won’t make moves.

I mean...it’s exciting to have Savoie, Kulich, Benson and Rosen in the pipeline. Where in the world are they going to play? Who is going to play the checking line going forward? Who is going to solve the D fiasco? Who is going to play goal as Levi’s development is thrown into the trash?

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
G:
-Greenway
-Mitts
-EJ
-Clifton

B:
-Our best players not realizing the season has started already.. Tage, Tuch, Skinner and Cozens have been disappointing to start the season
-Officials per usual
-Dahlin retaliating to Mangiapane.. yeah it was a weak call but its not new that NHL refs suck. You're down a goal late in the 3rd and about to go on the PP. Don't give them a reason to put you in the box.
-Power needs to man up a little... Dude loses the battles along the boards to much smaller guys

U:
-Levi.. The goaltending situation in general.. Hard to believe we're going to the playoffs with not just 1, not 2 but 3 question mark goalies on this roster!!!

I know its still early into the season but right now we don't look like properly built playoff team at all

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3