Lev Praha 2013/2014 season talk

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Well I understood that. But is it an accurate sample?

i think a lot of people have suddenly taken notice of the team, the question though is probably more - is it just a coincidence that this interest rose at the moment when Sparta fell out of the extraliga race... I would say that any internet poll is going to be biased toward a certain demographic and prague will play a main role in that and many people in prague are not so interested in a final between Brno and Zlin but in the KHL final they have their own team, plus there is a national pride of beating the russians

Ralgo

Oct 12, 2013
Prague
i think a lot of people have suddenly taken notice of the team, the question though is probably more - is it just a coincidence that this interest rose at the moment when Sparta fell out of the extraliga race... I would say that any internet poll is going to be biased toward a certain demographic and prague will play a main role in that and many people in prague are not so interested in a final between Brno and Zlin but in the KHL final they have their own team, plus there is a national pride of beating the russians

Oh definitively. You have to also give credit to shared stadium - most of Sparta fans take Lev as their teams brother. And since these teams cant go against each other (different leagues 4ever I think) we just have our horse in ELH and KHL - win/win - and Lev Praha got solid fan base for free in really short time - win/win/win.

National pride is just a bonus (the later the KHL round, the bigger bonus)

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
i definitely think that despite the lack of history it is to Lev's advantage that they can draw from fans not only of both Sparta and Slavia, but also any other place in the country. if the team was sparta then lots of people who don't like sparta would not want to cheer for them. even though sparta is probably the most popular team, it is also the team that draws the most hate

kometa

@pucksport
Oct 6, 2011
Markranstaedt, Saxony
i definitely think that despite the lack of history it is to Lev's advantage that they can draw from fans not only of both Sparta and Slavia, but also any other place in the country. if the team was sparta then lots of people who don't like sparta would not want to cheer for them. even though sparta is probably the most popular team, it is also the team that draws the most hate
I absolutely agree to this. And it would make no sense, to invest into a new brand and fold it after two years. Especially after this year's success.

People should also not forget about the visitors from abroad. I recognise a lot of international guests at the games and often meet some people who are hockey fans from Germany (mostly Saxony and Bavaria) but take the chance to visit the KHL here in their neighbourhood.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I think there's a good chance for increased attendance next year but like any brand it requires work to keep them in peoples' heads. What would help a lot is if their games were on a regular TV channel and they got a bit more coverage in general. As far as I know though Sport 1 still has the rights for next year and that is not a basic package channel. From what I've heard the channel was mainly interested in Slovan when it bought the rights, but maybe that will change now..

marquinhos

Jul 1, 2012
Kazan
Stop arguing! Yesterday I published a post on sports.ru about attendance of Czech teams. Here there are several tables. All in Russian so that...

0_c5655_ea290fd0_XL.png

0_c565a_422d13b2_XL.png

0_c5656_d11215b3_XL.png

0_c565b_7b4ea28b_XL.png

Well, we can compare Sparta and Lev now :)

Ralgo

Oct 12, 2013
Prague
Umm....translation please? :)

But really - no need to argue. Both teams have their own league to play and KHL is ******* more wealthy so...

I love Sparta, but I like Lev too - and Im happy with the current state.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Umm....translation please? :)

But really - no need to argue. Both teams have their own league to play and KHL is ******* more wealthy so...

I love Sparta, but I like Lev too - and Im happy with the current state.

Attendence for each home game of Lev and Sparta in the season + home playoff games of both. There are some more details not worth mentioning.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Kari Jalonen had a presser today. He said that he has to refuse a double role as the coach of both Lev and Finnish NT - and will respect his original contract and concentrate only on Team Finland. Lev needs to find a new coach.

punchonico99

Jan 2, 2014
Quebec
Kari Jalonen had a presser today. He said that he has to refuse a double role as the coach of both Lev and Finnish NT - and will respect his original contract and concentrate only on Team Finland. Lev needs to find a new coach.

Jukka Jalonen :naughty:

Babula

May 31, 2012
HC Lev Praha - continue in Prague ?

From time to time flashes a message about the possible departure of the club from the city. What do you think about it ?

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
A possible relocation is not needed in the next years. First of all, I think we have to wait and see if the results of Lev playing in the finals will raise their average attendance.

If the team struggle with money and have a hard time gaining new fans over the next 3-5 years, then I believe a relocation is necessary.

Rekin

Feb 23, 2014
Warszawa
What about merging with some existing Czech organization outside Prague? Not that it'd be going to happen, but theoretically?

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Originally it was Hradec Kralove that wanted the team. Now they've got their team (moved from Budejovice). Does that mean Lev will move to Budejovice? No, no it doesn't. I don't see any way this team moves to a different place in the Czech Republic, Prague is just such a bigger market, plus Lev draws a lot on the tourist market, the growing russian population, and people from other places can come see them here, whereas the opposite is less likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad