Lev Praha 2013/2014 season talk

Sucro

Rhymesayers Fanboy
May 11, 2013
Vienna
I wonder will it be perceived as less artificial 'plastic' club after this season. What about the awareness of lesser Russian teams like Neftekhimik or MNk?
Is there any chance to stay on O2 in case of winning GC?

pecheq

Aug 5, 2013
Prague, Czech Rep.
Lev's home is in Tipsport arena. This won't change any time soon. Lev is playing in O2 arena because of Sparta (same home ice and owner) continues in the Czech playoffs. That's it.

loppa*

Yes, significant rise.
In the media - for example yesterday, in the TV news, it was the first story that HC Lev is only one step to the KHL finals. :) In the season that kind of stories about Lev was a minimum.
Facebook fans are rapidly rising, Twitter as well.
People recognize Lev´s jersey on the streets and ask what was the score today..and so on. Again, these questions were very rare in the beginning. :)

In general how is media coverage this season compared to last season?

Generally I want a Russian team to win the KHL league, but I have changed my mind, I'd like to see Lev win as it would help popularize the league I think. In the czech republic at least.

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.
Generally I want a Russian team to win the KHL league, but I have changed my mind, I'd like to see Lev win as it would help popularize the league I think. In the czech republic at least.

Well after all, Lev is still a Russian team... just based in Czech republic :)... but I got your point

pecheq

Aug 5, 2013
Prague, Czech Rep.
Well after all, Lev is still a Russian team... just based in Czech republic :)... but I got your point

Russian team? You've lost your mind. :) What is Russian on a team playing in Prague? Yes, there are 2 managers from about 25 people that care about the team. Owners are Czech, coaching staff is international but no Russians..

Babula

May 31, 2012
Russian team? You've lost your mind. :) What is Russian on a team playing in Prague? Yes, there are 2 managers from about 25 people that care about the team. Owners are Czech, coaching staff is international but no Russians..

really ?

Babula

May 31, 2012
any word on Doug Gilmour ? He is rumoured to Lev or other KHL clubs.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

That's not what's been said previously in this and other threads. Biggest owners are Russians that supposedly want the team to start producing results and signs of being able to make financial profit on their own or they'll pull their backing in a few years.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
any word on Doug Gilmour ? He is rumoured to Lev or other KHL clubs.

As great of a player as he was he hasn't achieved anything as a coach. The only positive about him would be that NA players would probably want to play for him. I mean the idea to go to Prague and be coached by their childhood hero is much more attractive than going to some Russian city and be coached by some random Russian dude.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Well, yes, the idea is interesting, but I don't know that it would be best for the team. Keeping Jalonen would obviously be best, but there's a worry that his national team engagement will take that option away.

pecheq

Aug 5, 2013
Prague, Czech Rep.
Well, yes, the idea is interesting, but I don't know that it would be best for the team. Keeping Jalonen would obviously be best, but there's a worry that his national team engagement will take that option away.

I read that Jalonen can do both. Lev's manager Khabibulin to Sovetskiy Sport..

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I think Lev will win le Gagarin cúp in 6th match - 4:2
Next year maybe there will be final without any russian club perhaps Riga, Medvescak, Lev will win ?

Then Barys must reach the finals from East. They're the only non-Russian team in the Eastern conference.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Timkin and Nakladal were ready to go and then decided not to, so disappointing

I don't know why Obyrne went with Osala, he should have found Timkin

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad