Lev Praha 2013/2014 season talk

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
I'm a fan of the team with a Zdeno Chara jersey from Lev Prague. :)

Really do like this year's signings. Team is becoming quite Nordic these days with the addition of Calle Ridderwall and Martin Thörnberg (both Sweden) along with Atte Engren, Petri Vehanen, Teemu Ramstedt and Topi Jaakola (all Finland).

Although goaltending was more than solid by Pöpperle and Stepanek I hope the new guys Engren and Vehanen can make a huge impact. :)

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
It seems like their thread from the Central Europe-subforum got moved here after all. Did not see it here becouse no-one had posted in it for two-three days. I guess that perhaps makes this thread one too many? Or pehaps there is a need for a new thread for this season?

I'm a fan of the team with a Zdeno Chara jersey from Lev Prague. :)

Really do like this year's signings. Team is becoming quite Nordic these days with the addition of Calle Ridderwall and Martin Thörnberg (both Sweden) along with Atte Engren, Petri Vehanen, Teemu Ramstedt and Topi Jaakola (all Finland).

Although goaltending was more than solid by Pöpperle and Stepanek I hope the new guys Engren and Vehanen can make a huge impact. :)
Must be neat for you as a german to have KHL teams so close to you. I like teams from all the classic places in Europe, but a couple of swedes on the roster never hurts. ;)

Last edited:

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
It seems like their thread from the Central Europe-subforum got moved here after all. Did not see it here becouse no-one had posted in it for two-three days. I guess that perhaps makes this thread one too many? Or pehaps there is a need for a new thread for this season?

Yep. We have new season threads for the most interesting teams. :)

Must be neat for you as a german to have KHL teams so close to you. I like teams from all the classic places in Europe, but a couple of swedes on the roster never hurts. ;)

It's great as Prague, Bratislava, Zagreb or Riga are very close by airplane and you don't even have to leave EU territory - no visa trouble. :handclap:

Would like a team in Paris more though as I live very close to Belgium deep in the West of Germany. :D

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Lev Prague sign Atlant forward Nikolay Zherdev. Makes me even more excited about the new season. Cup contender? :naughty:

http://www.levpraha.cz/clanek.asp?id=Do-Prahy-miri-rozeny-strelec-Zerdev-posiluje-utok-Lva-860

Shok.gif

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well, Lev has dropped the bomb. I'm just wandering are they going to rid of some of the players as the season goes on because as of now they have dar too many.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Well, Lev has dropped the bomb. I'm just wandering are they going to rid of some of the players as the season goes on because as of now they have dar too many.

I think the number is absolutely okay. They can send some of the guys to play for Sparta Prague in Czech Extraliga right?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
signing a cancer who's not wanted anywhere is not a bomb, it's a huge risk.

Is it? If he doesn't work out that well for Lev they can just dump him at the deadline meanwhile if he does work out.. I don't have to say what happens then.

I think the number is absolutely okay. They can send some of the guys to play for Sparta Prague in Czech Extraliga right?

They can but they have 10 really good defencemen. If that's not too many I don't know what is.

Last edited:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Is it? If he doesn't work out that well for Lev they can just dump him at the deadline meanwhile if he dozės work out.. I don't have to say what happens then.

They can but they have 10 really good defencemen. If that's not too many I don't know what is.

dump him at the deadline to teams that don't want him now, after he didn't work out? where's the logic? at least it's one season.

QRemparts

Jan 2, 2012
Nikolai Zherdev-Erik Christensen-Justin Azevedo
Martin Thornberg-Petr Vrana-Tomas Kubalik
Calle Ridderwall-Jiri Novotny-Michal Repik
Teemu Ramstedt-Petr Taticek-Nicklas Danielsson
Michal Birner

Mikko Maenppa-Jakub Nakladal
Marc-Andre Gragnani-Ondrej Nemec
Nathan Oystrick-Juraj Mikus
Topi Jaakola-Mathias Porseland

Petri Vehanen
Atte Engren

With a depht chart like that, I think that Lev is going to be very high in the standings and go far in the playoffs... They are the team with the most depht in the league right now...

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
signing a cancer who's not wanted anywhere is not a bomb, it's a huge risk.

Sure, there was no place for him in the richest clubs that have no shortage of franchise players anyway (except for CSKA who probably aren't used to big budgets or idk, their logic is beyond me), but not in the mid-level. It's just that there's a pool of quite expensive players you don't usually expect to join a lower profile team. Any team of that kind would make news for signing him. And to be honest, aspiring newcomers like Lev or Donbass were more likely to do that. Lev made that a bomb simply as a "far abroad" club.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Sure, there was no place for him in the richest clubs that have no shortage of franchise players anyway (except for CSKA who probably aren't used to big budgets or idk, their logic is beyond me), but not in the mid-level. It's just that there's a pool of quite expensive players you don't usually expect to join a lower profile team. Any team of that kind would make news for signing him. And to be honest, aspiring newcomers like Lev or Donbass were more likely to do that. Lev made that a bomb simply as a "far abroad" club.

even CSKA doesn't know the logic of CSKA)))):laugh::laugh::laugh:

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
regardless of what people say of Zherdev, he had a great season in Atlant last season before going to Kazan. Great entertainer. Lev fans enjoy.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
It's not really a Czech team anymore. Difficult to imagine it would find many Czech fans. Looks like Lev owners gave up on that idea, and are positioning Lev as an oddity for tourists visiting Prague, perhaps, or as entertainment for Russian expats (who will perhaps be rooting against Lev while watching Lev's home games). :shakehead

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
It's not really a Czech team anymore. Difficult to imagine it would find many Czech fans. Looks like Lev owners gave up on that idea, and are positioning Lev as an oddity for tourists visiting Prague, perhaps, or as entertainment for Russian expats (who will perhaps be rooting against Lev while watching Lev's home games). :shakehead

Everyone claimed Czechs don't like the Lev project at all but prefer Sparta/Slavia. Why should they then try to convince these people when they can get more hockey tourists into the arena who probably are also willing to spend more money.

PS:

NHL teams in the US have almost no Americans in their rosters and the fans don't care.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
US is not a hockey country. Try an NHL team in Canada composed of primarily foreigners -- it wouldn't stand a chance.

If Lev was "artificial" last season, this makes them twice as "artificial" now. Maybe they could, indeed, relocate to a place like Paris or London -- non-hockey countries, so the "foreign" composition wouldn't be unnatural there.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
US is not a hockey country. Try an NHL team in Canada composed of primarily foreigners -- it wouldn't stand a chance.

If Lev was "artificial" last season, this makes them twice as "artificial" now. Maybe they could, indeed, relocate to a place like Paris or London -- non-hockey countries, so the "foreign" composition wouldn't be unnatural there.

What would fans more like? An all-Czech team that ends up as last in the league or a team with many foreigners that has even chances to win the trophy of the best league in Europe?!

And yes, many parts of the US are not that much into hockey, but go to places like Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Boston etc where they love the game.

PS: There are 13 Czechs on the current Lev roster according to eliteprospects and some of the weaker imports might be subsituted with local talent during the season.

metmag

Mar 4, 2013

USA is a top tier hockey country. They also have clubs that date back approx 90 years.

Lev wants to sign the best players and become a very competitive club. The owners dont feel like scavenging the whole world to try to find Czechs that may or may not be what they are looking for, just sothat you feel like the team is a little more local. They are indiscriminately picking top DEL, KHL, etc free agents to build a GC capable roster as best as they can.

Stop making nationalities an issue.

Last edited:

swosh

Im pink hair niггa
Jul 3, 2013
Prague
Nikolaj Žerděv in Lev. Absolutely unbelievable :handclap: I guess they wanted sign some czech (ex)star from NHL, but were unsuccessful. Nikolaj is best alternative. Position of speaker for russian media and also position of offensive star was vacant. Now it is solved and i like it:yo:

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
If Lev starts winning and goes deep in playoffs I'm sure they will get many Czech fans on the bandwagon, some might even stick around. With the roster they have it looks like that's a strong possibility.

swosh

Im pink hair niггa
Jul 3, 2013
Prague
Once time i wrote. Cup of Hope is only cup that can non-russian club gain. I have to change my opinion. It seems Speychal and Myškovskij have to spend big sum for their toy from their private wealth. Okay i like it. Im looking forward to new season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad