Recalled/Assigned: Lettieri to Hartford

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Quite so. And this is something that could be reversed. Look at what Namestnikov has been doing

Definitely. It’s one of those “not mutually exclusive” things. It’s the coach’s job to put a player in a position to succeed, but it’s the player’s job to make the coach want to.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Definitely. It’s one of those “not mutually exclusive” things. It’s the coach’s job to put a player in a position to succeed, but it’s the player’s job to make the coach want to.
Comes right back to making yourself noticeable.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
A sad day for Jim in the NY podcast Underground show and he liked Letteri a lot, but I believe it`s for the best at the moment, and a correct decision. And I listen some weeks ago and heard the interview with Ron Duguay and it was quite interesting to hear his view and part of his NHL career and life when he was active. :)

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
This is the year to determine if a guy like Vinny can be a nhl player . If not they look elsewhere next year or even at the deadline so I’m fine him back up . He did well in his AHL games

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He's a cautionary tale on why you shouldn't even read too much into preseason performance. It's close to an NHL environment, but is not an NHL environment.

Reactions: jas

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Probably my biggest knock against Lettieri is that it seems like both him and the organization are at a loss for how his game fits into the NHL.

His shot never translated as well as hoped, so he doesn't get PP time over guys that are more effective in the role.

Because of that, he identifies as a kind of 'high energy banger' type of player at this level; but his skating is average at best and he's small. It doesn't work.

I was hopeful for him last year, but at this point I just don't see how he will ever fit into an NHL lineup.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Probably my biggest knock against Lettieri is that it seems like both him and the organization are at a loss for how his game fits into the NHL.

His shot never translated as well as hoped, so he doesn't get PP time over guys that are more effective in the role.

Because of that, he identifies as a kind of 'high energy banger' type of player at this level; but his skating is average at best and he's small. It doesn't work.

I was hopeful for him last year, but at this point I just don't see how he will ever fit into an NHL lineup.

they know how his game fits, he just isn't good enough to play in the top 6 in the nhl

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Rangers: call up Lettieri and put him on the fourth live, no PP time

Lettieri: doesn't succeed

Rangers: :eek:
Success is defined differently by different people. In this case, Lettieri has failed to make himself noticeable. That is not about scoring goals, that is doing something that makes the coach take notice of you. He is failing in that aspect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad