Recalled/Assigned: Lettieri to Hartford

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Strome is getting looked at on the wing right now.
Well he played there yesterday and that line seemed to get killed. Is that where they want him full time? I don't know why they'd go that route; I think his skills at this point play better at center. And again, Nieves and Meskanen play RW. Just seems like a more balanced lineup with Strome at C and one of those two on the wing.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Thank bloody goodness. So whom do we call up to keep the other forwards in order?

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I don't understand what happened to Lettieri, he looked really good in preseason and then he produces 0 points in 14 games and only 15 hits. Was he playing through some injury?

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Lettieri had a good camp last year, and pretty decent this year. For all the talk about making a roster, players like this rarely find any traction. Across all major sports in fact, there’s an obsession over who gets the final spot(s), and it’s for nothing.

Last night’s bonehead minor penalty sealed the Hartford ticket, if it hasn’t already been decided. Next.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Lettieri: Plays like garbage
Gorton: Sends him down
Lettieri:

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jpg

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Should've happened sooner. He's really whiffed at this opportunity.

I hope Brooks' tweet about him maybe not staying down is just fluff. He needs to stay in Hartford for a while.

Reactions: RGY and jas

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
No surprise here. We've likely seen the last of him on NHL ice.

The choice between Fogarty and Meskanen isn't an easy one.

Fogarty is a much better fit for the role that he'd be expected to play, but Meskanen is the bigger flight risk, as well as being the guy with more potential to grow into a top 9 role.

Based off of Gorton's comments about wanting more right-handed shots on the wing, I'd guess that they're gonna take a look at Meskanen. Quinn also seems to love intra-roster competition, and immediately adding another right-handed winger after acquiring one (they intend to move Strome to wing) is probably very appealing to him.

edit - just realized that I forgot Boo was healthy. Gotta think that Boo has a better chance of getting the call than Fogey does.

Last edited:

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Seems like Quinn knew this would happen but wanted to give him every opportunity, re-assessing 1/4 in... might be very good for Lettieri... similar dynamic in his heavy use of Pionk, he's seeing what's up, good and bad. Most of us have reverted back to wanting to contend for a cup. Quinn hasn't, otherwise Tokarski and Georgiev would have been the other way around.

Similar in Chytil's case. He didn't just "need an opportunity," he earned it, Quinn gave it, he capitalized.

Reactions: TheTakedown

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Feel bad the kid works hard he just doesn't have it and seemed to even regress this year

Reactions: GAGLine

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
Littieri is an all-star every pre-season and then he goes silent in the regular season. The right move...he was given every chance to succeed.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Lettieri is yet another one of these guys that needs top 9 and PP time to be effective. His skillset doesn't translate at all to a 4th line role, but he also was terrible with the puck just about every time he touched it

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Not everyone is an NHL player. He could be a 4A type.

Truth be told, I had forgotten about him.

He made the team by being aggressive and finding a way to be noticeable. Either 1) he is not playing that way consistently in the regular season or 2) he cannot find a way to play as such again a roster is NHLers from top to bottom or 3) both.

Hopefully he goes down and regains some confidence.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

He made the team by being aggressive and finding a way to be noticeable. Either 1) he is not playing that way consistently in the regular season or 2) he cannot find a way to play as such again a roster is NHLers from top to bottom or 3) both.

Hope so. But am beginning to doubt. The fact is that he may not be able to find a way to play in such a way no matter on what line he is.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

"Find a way to be noticeable" is a simple, yet very important phrase for guys in Letteri's position. Sometimes I think certain players buy into notion that I constantly see on this board: that player X simply cannot be effective unless they're playing with skill guys in the top 6/9. If a player buys into that and starts moping that they're getting 6-8 minutes on the 4th line every night, they're dead. Letteri's issue isn't that he wasn't putting up points - it's that he went invisible.

Reactions: Tawnos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad