Let's talk Nikita Kucherov

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
The guy gets very little attention, not sure why.

He's in his sophomore season, but he's already one of the leaders of a top 3 team in the East, almost a PPG player and he's fourth in the league in +/-

He's currently on a 7 game point streak.. and the main thing he's playing only 13-15 minutes a game most of the nights...

Certainly helps playing in a such talented team, but if we look at his stats in the CHL and AHL, it's clear that he's a natural born scorer.

Last edited:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
He's doing great. Someone who shows up regularly on the score-sheet and seems to be a difference-maker. As a casual observer and fan of The Lightning, he's certainly a player I keep an eye on when watching Tampa games.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He's doing great. Someone who shows up regularly on the score-sheet and seems to be a difference-maker. As a casual observer and fan of The Lightning, he's certainly a player I keep an eye on when watching Tampa games.

He's got the most "flash" on the team for sure. Kids talented as ****, and he still looks angry because he's not as good as he wants to be yet.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
He's got the most "flash" on the team for sure. Kids talented as ****, and he still looks angry because he's not as good as he wants to be yet.

I want to see this guy more now . . . Lots of young potential stars in Tampa. I hope for their sake they keep trending upward with the potential that they have. A very interesting team to keep an eye on and most of the league is duly taking note.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I want to see this guy more now . . . Lots of young potential stars in Tampa. I hope for their sake they keep trending upward with the potential that they have. A very interesting team to keep an eye on and most of the league is duly taking note.

Palat-Johnson-Kucherov are one of the most dominant lines in the NHL this season in terms of production and possession, much more entertaining to watch than Stamkos's line (might change now with Drouin on it) if you ever catch a TB game.

JS91

May 14, 2014
His talent is just unreal. He is just so good already and to think that he is only 21 and has stated multiple times that he is not happy with how good he is now because he knows he can still be better, I don't even know what his ceiling is. Having Drouin and Stammer on the 1st and Johnson and Kucherov on the 2nd is going to look pretty amazing in the future.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
He is doing well this year and has amazing talent. I would like to see a little more before I bust a nut.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Best Lightning forward this season. Extremely skilled. I love watching these Bolts kids dangling through centre ice and in the offensive zone, Stamkos on the other hand looks like a one-trick pony now. Still pretty good scoring but his game looks awful otherwise.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Best Lightning forward this season. Extremely skilled. I love watching these Bolts kids dangling through centre ice and in the offensive zone, Stamkos on the other hand looks like a one-trick pony now. Still pretty good scoring but his game looks awful otherwise.

Johnson is and quite easily too.

Last edited:

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Johnson is and quite easily too.
Well, I was talking about "Bolts kids dangling" in that post. Obviously I meant him there, too. That said, if Johnson is better, the difference between him and Kucherov is still not that significant. At least not significant enough for non-TB fan watching like 10 TB games this season. Both are great. Johnson´s defense probably makes a difference here, but that´s not THAT easy to spot for non-TB fan watching like 30% of their games.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
He is doing well this year and has amazing talent. I would like to see a little more before I bust a nut.

Story of my life... sighhh...

Anyway, yeah, Kucherov has been great. The line he's on is pretty much our first line. Stamkos' line has dried up, but with Drouin now on it (where he should have been all season), it's starting to look better. Kucherov's line faces tough competition every game. Sometimes, teams send their top pairs out for that line, leaving the Stamkos line against inferior defenders.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
It's maddening to just look at Tampa and see that there are 5 or 6 kids with this kind of production and talent. It's not even remotely fair.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
tampa will have a cup within the next 15 years for sure, probably sooner than later

Nei1ey*

tampa will have a cup within the next 15 years for sure, probably sooner than later

they'll most likely have a cup within the next 3 years if the management adds few nice secondary pieces on bottom six and defense.

Lehnerd Skinnerd

Sponsor
Feb 10, 2008
Thunder Bay, ON
Never really remember hearing about him last year among the Bolts' other young guns, but I picked him up in my fantasy league early in the season, and he's been amazing for me ever since. Hardly ever has a pointless night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad