Let's talk Nikita Kucherov

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I've been watching and paying close attention to Kucherov. He looks like a fine NHL talent with a crazy offensive upside. His defensive and physical game seems a bit lacking, but you'll have that with almost any smaller skilled forward, particularly at such a young age.

I'm interested to see what this kid will do in the future.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I've been watching and paying close attention to Kucherov. He looks like a fine NHL talent with a crazy offensive upside. His defensive and physical game seems a bit lacking, but you'll have that with almost any smaller skilled forward, particularly at such a young age.

I'm interested to see what this kid will do in the future.

He's ok defensively, not a liability for sure.
He doesn't play physical though, but I think he will be fine in PO.

Another thing about Kuch is that he's very clutch

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
He's a solid player and probably a 30 goal guy for years to come. I will say that he is leading the league in fortunate situations with the puck. He has 3 goals in the last few weeks that stemmed from horrible defensive zone misplays leaving him alone in front of the net with the puck.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Love this kid. He always had the potential and he's really starting to take control this year. His playmaking surprises me with just how good it can be, not to mention his quick release and shot.

Yes. 3rd period terror.

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia

As of late he's actually been using his body a lot more, not "big hits" but smart plays using his body to take the opponent out of the play.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
How do teams pass up on a talent like that in the draft. The kid set an U18 record for scoring and kids picked in the second round.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Tampa fans were excited the moment he announced that he was coming over to North America. He has shown he has a scoring touch in every league he has played. He may never reach 50 goals or 40, but Damn well sure he will be a consistent 30 goal scorer in the league.

Chandler55

Mar 9, 2004
damn as a leaf fan as much as i hate to say it theres no chance Stamkos is coming home , Stevie Y and Tampa are making all the right moves

:(

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
That's not a line.

I've been begging for it to be one. We could slot Callahan or Connolly on the 2nd RW (if we want to give him a playmaker in Johnson and puck-fetcher in Palat, to pump his tires for trade if nothing else).

How do teams pass up on a talent like that in the draft. The kid set an U18 record for scoring and kids picked in the second round.

IIRC he slipped in the draft because teams were scared of the "Russian factor" in the wake of Kovalchuk leaving. We also got Namestnikov who looks like he could be a good 2C and Nesterov which we still don't quite know what we have with.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
I've been begging for it to be one. We could slot Callahan or Connolly on the 2nd RW (if we want to give him a playmaker in Johnson and puck-fetcher in Palat, to pump his tires for trade if nothing else).

IIRC he slipped in the draft because teams were scared of the "Russian factor" in the wake of Kovalchuk leaving. We also got Namestnikov who looks like he could be a good 2C and Nesterov which we still don't quite know what we have with.

I know it was due to russian factor but you gotta take these most talented kids coming from Russia. They almost always atleast attempt to make the NHL.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I know it was due to russian factor but you gotta take these most talented kids coming from Russia. They almost always atleast attempt to make the NHL.

He was also REALLY small. Like... 160 pounds or so. And he kind of came out of no where at that point - he wasn't even on the list as top ten euros by central scouting. Then on top of it there was the concern he'd never come over.

I get why he slipped, but I'm also glad that Yzerman and Murray are awesome at their jobs.

bWo*

It breaks my heart that he's on tampa. Apparently Feaster was going to try and get him an gaudreau in the late part of the draft but after tampa moved on him they needed to grab gaudreau. What could have been!

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
He was also REALLY small. Like... 160 pounds or so. And he kind of came out of no where at that point - he wasn't even on the list as top ten euros by central scouting. Then on top of it there was the concern he'd never come over.

I get why he slipped, but I'm also glad that Yzerman and Murray are awesome at their jobs.

I'm saying other scouting departments are lacking. In russia he was a well known prospect.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
I'm saying other scouting departments are lacking. In russia he was a well known prospect.
that's an an understatement. he was exceptional in russia. saying "go scout russia more" is a mistake. you don't need scout more to see the potential and kucherovs don't grow on trees. tampa hit the bull's eye, lucky devils, that's it

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
He's a solid player and probably a 30 goal guy for years to come. I will say that he is leading the league in fortunate situations with the puck. He has 3 goals in the last few weeks that stemmed from horrible defensive zone misplays leaving him alone in front of the net with the puck.

Those situations are due to playing with puck hawks Tyler Johnson and Palat.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Those situations are due to playing with puck hawks Tyler Johnson and Palat.

He's quite the puck hawk himself. Surprisingly good along the boards considering his size - he walks away from a scrum along the boards more times than he should. Just great hands.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Just fun to watch, game is defined by speed and smarts. Plays very much like Johnson but with a bit more sizzle and less jam.

His hybrid gameplay in front of the goalie is what he will be most known for before his career is over though. Unique and virtually impossible to completely defend against.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
When drafted he reminded me of the Russian Version of Stamkos. Come to find out, he isn't. While he doesn't have Stammers shot, he has much more flair and will use it to take advantage of a situation, and is a better Play maker than Stamkos. Simply amazing. Kid is going to become a franchise player for us.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
When drafted he reminded me of the Russian Version of Stamkos. Come to find out, he isn't. While he doesn't have Stammers shot, he has much more flair and will use it to take advantage of a situation, and is a better Play maker than Stamkos. Simply amazing. Kid is going to become a franchise player for us.

Right now I'd take anyone on that "second line" over Stamkos.

OzzyFan

Sep 17, 2012
Kucherov will be a 30goal-60pts/yr guy easy soon. Insane potential, pure scorer. He may have a richard in his future too. Guy can shoot with the best of them, as good or better than Tarasenko.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Kucherov will be a 30goal-60pts/yr guy easy soon. Insane potential, pure scorer. He may have a richard in his future too. Guy can shoot with the best of them, as good or better than Tarasenko.

Slow down.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014

Second the slow down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad