Let's talk Morin

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
If they get stomped by the Penguins, it wouldn't surprise me if Hextall replaced Manning with a veteran and let Sanheim, Hagg, and Morin duke it out for 3rd pairing scraps. I just can't imagine his response being, "We need the young guys to have a bigger role."

Also, Morin isn't waivers exempt next year, but Sanheim will still be. :popcorn:

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Flyers getting a new coach?

We can only hope so? Hakstol will have to play at least 1 of them if Hexy doesn't trade them. they would both have to go thru waivers to be sent to lv and would surely be claimed.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't think there will be a big gap in ES TOI between the 2nd and 3rd pairings next season.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why would morin want to stay here though is my question

Because right now any NHL job looks really good to him, there's not a big market for defensemen who can't stay healthy and have never proven that they're NHL players.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don't think there will be a big gap in ES TOI between the 2nd and 3rd pairings next season.

I do, if Sanheim keeps progressing, he'll get close to 20 minutes a night next year, ES and 2nd PP and if he gets stronger, some PK duties. Question is who will be paired with him next year, Gudas, MacDonald, Hagg, an acquisition to be named later?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Watching Oleksiak crush Lindblom and thinking about our better version of him in Morin rotting away in his Draft +5 is incredibly infuriating. I know he's had injuries all year but lets be honest, he still wouldnt be playing over Meatpig.

Last edited:

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Because right now any NHL job looks really good to him, there's not a big market for defensemen who can't stay healthy and have never proven that they're NHL players.
He got injured this year stop imply he is made of glass this year was the first he miss anytime and we don’t know what the problem was only that he had a procedure

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Watching Oleksiak crush Lindblom and thinking about our better version of Morin rotting away in his Draft +5 is incredibly infuriating. I know he's had injuries all year but lets be honest, he still wouldnt be playing over Meatpig.
How far removed is oleksiak from his draft and how many teams. He took a long while to get to this level and he still isn’t that good just big and can skate some. Morin has looked better at every stage and they know it will be three years before he really shows what he can do.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
How far removed is oleksiak from his draft and how many teams. He took a long while to get to this level and he still isn’t that good just big and can skate some. Morin has looked better at every stage and they know it will be three years before he really shows what he can do.

He played 20 games in his Draft +2
He played 7 games in his Draft +3
He played 36 games in his Draft +4
He played 19 games in his Draft +5

Morin has 3 NHL games by his Draft +5 and is actually more suited for todays game than Jamie.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It would have been Morin v Hagg at LHD, Manning has better offensive skills than Morin.

Whether Morin would be a good NHL player remains to be seen, it would be nice to see him healthy and dominate in the Calder Cup before projecting him as a NHL starter.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I do, if Sanheim keeps progressing, he'll get close to 20 minutes a night next year, ES and 2nd PP and if he gets stronger, some PK duties. Question is who will be paired with him next year, Gudas, MacDonald, Hagg, an acquisition to be named later?
I'd love to move Amac. Gudas has his moments, but when the game is physical he's got that size. Hagg, many sour on his Amac like passive style, but I'd rather sink time into him hoping for some improvement than Amac or Manning.

Bottom 4 next year:

Sanheim-Hagg
Morin Gudas

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
This off season Hextall is going to have a lot of work to do. We have a lot of players fighting for spots and veterans that need to go. Hagg/Lehtera/filp/Gudas/weise/Simmonds are players I could see on the block.

Bring in another top center and you have a contending team. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hexy takes a run at John Carlson either. He has stated plenty they would like another big talented RH defenseman.

Myers isn’t there yet.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
If they get stomped by the Penguins, it wouldn't surprise me if Hextall replaced Manning with a veteran and let Sanheim, Hagg, and Morin duke it out for 3rd pairing scraps. I just can't imagine his response being, "We need the young guys to have a bigger role."

Also, Morin isn't waivers exempt next year, but Sanheim will still be. :popcorn:

Unless Sanheim has a terrible camp, he's a lock to make the team next season.

Reactions: Rebels57

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I'd love to move Amac. Gudas has his moments, but when the game is physical he's got that size. Hagg, many sour on his Amac like passive style, but I'd rather sink time into him hoping for some improvement than Amac or Manning.

Bottom 4 next year:

Sanheim-Hagg
Morin Gudas

Doubt it

It's more likely:

Sanheim-Gudas
Morin/Hagg-MacDonald

Can't see Manning coming back unless they somehow move MacDonald or Gudas (which I don't see happening)

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Unless Sanheim has a terrible camp, he's a lock to make the team next season.
I was told the same thing last offseason when I said he would be sent down this season, too. If Hextall is too patient and can't find a trade for one of Gudas or Hagg, I wouldn't be shocked to see Sanheim start the year with the Phantoms, just so Morin isn't lost to waivers. I'm not saying it's necessarily likely, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Bottom 4 next year:

Sanheim-Hagg
Morin Gudas

tenor-1.gif

Reactions: CodyTheHuman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad