Let's talk Morin

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I don’t think length matters when reading between the lines. Brevity is....wit.
So you're suggesting Morin should be playing, even though he's not 100% coming off core muscle surgery. And since he's not playing through it, the organization is going to trade him?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
So you're suggesting Morin should be playing, even though he's not 100% coming off core muscle surgery. And since he's not playing through it, the organization is going to trade him?
I’m saying they’re disappointed in his only playing 15 games & that Hextall’s quote is indicative of his disappointment in Morin not toughing it out enough. I could be wrong.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
I’m saying they’re disappointed in his only playing 15 games & that Hextall’s quote is indicative of his disappointment in Morin not toughing it out enough. I could be wrong.

giphy.gif

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You can tough out some injuries. Doing it with a groin injury that required surgery would be idiotic.

Reactions: Tripod

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Ah see I thought it was a pulled muscle or something aggravated by a concussion (which is why it's been so hush hush)

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Ya think?

So the shit finally hit the fan in year 3 for a player that didn't miss a single game due to injury during his first two seasons of pro hockey? Jeez. I guess Phil Myers' days are numbered too.

Just curious, did it ever cross your mind when you were reading between the lines how Morin's injury situation kicked off this year? Remember when he got recalled in October and the team sat him out and had to recall Mark Alt because Sam was injured and the team didn't know about it?

In fact here's the quote from Hextall:
“Sam’s a tough guy, and he didn’t disclose 100 percent of his injury because he plays through things,” Hextall said. “He has a little nick that’s going to keep him out a bit — not days, maybe a couple weeks.”
Flyers recall yet another defenseman; Shayne Gostisbehere, Nolan Patrick won't be on road trip - Philly

I think we can end the speculation about Sam's toughness.

Wait, where did you read what his injury was? I haven't seen anyone say anything about it.
It's a lower body injury and he had a "procedure" done. Groin has been speculated and he had core muscle surgery a couple years ago, but I guess it could be a knee too. Either way it's not like he's sidelined with a slight fracture or bum shoulder and just not playing through pain. It's likely muscular and impacting his skating and is something with a high chance of re-injury if it doesn't heal properly.Pretty sure he already tried to play through it once and had to leave the Outdoor game in Hershey.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Ya think?

So the **** finally hit the fan in year 3 for a player that didn't miss a single game due to injury during his first two seasons of pro hockey? Jeez. I guess Phil Myers' days are numbered too.

Just curious, did it ever cross your mind when you were reading between the lines how Morin's injury situation kicked off this year? Remember when he got recalled in October and the team sat him out and had to recall Mark Alt because Sam was injured and the team didn't know about it?

In fact here's the quote from Hextall:

Flyers recall yet another defenseman; Shayne Gostisbehere, Nolan Patrick won't be on road trip - Philly

I think we can end the speculation about Sam's toughness.
I appreciate the lecture, but the idea is that maybe Morin didn’t tough things out for the Phantoms this season to Hextall’s liking because Sam was upset at not being on the Flyers. He only played 15 AHL games this season. That’s odd for someone who doesn’t suffer a serious injury. I mean, Brian Elliott has had several injuries & gone under the knife during the season & he’s back playing.

There’s no way for me to prove that there’s a hint of disappointment implied in Hextall’s choice of phrasing. And, even if they trade him this summer, you’ll still say there were no clues in Hextall’s words. But I think you’re probably underselling the impact playing only 15 games has on old-school hockey players who have both spoken about gutting it out & playing through injuries.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I appreciate the lecture, but the idea is that maybe Morin didn’t tough things out for the Phantoms this season to Hextall’s liking because Sam was upset at not being on the Flyers. He only played 15 AHL games this season. That’s odd for someone who doesn’t suffer a serious injury. I mean, Brian Elliott has had several injuries & gone under the knife during the season & he’s back playing.

There’s no way for me to prove that there’s a hint of disappointment implied in Hextall’s choice of phrasing. And, even if they trade him this summer, you’ll still say there were no clues in Hextall’s words. But I think you’re probably underselling the impact playing only 15 games has on old-school hockey players who have both spoken about gutting it out & playing through injuries.
You do realize those 15 games were played over 4 months? Meaning he came back more than once and got re-injured during his comeback(s). And the Flyers sat him down the first time when they find out he was hiding an injury. It's not like he played 15 straight games from the start of the season and said "f*** it, I'm shutting this down".

And how do you know his injury wasn't serious? It was serious enough that he had to get a procedure done.

I just find it funny that you think the GM that signed Michal Neuvirth knowing his injury history and then re-signed him knowing his injury history, would suddenly lose his shit over a 22 year old kid who wasn't even in the NHL, buried on the depth chart, said all the right things since he's been drafted, and played 155 out of a possible 155 games the previous two seasons. Just more garbage speculation from you.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Is this guy making team next year or what?
who knows with hakstool as the coach. he finds funny reasons to not play the players he wants to screw with or he doesn't like. but he will play worse players doing the same things or worse

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If he’s here he’ll be on the roster. Hextall won’t want to lose him for nothing through there. The Flyers were relatively healthy this year & their main 7 defensemen played a good amount.

Provorov - 82GP
Gostisbehere - 78GP
Hagg - 70GP
Gudas - 70GP
MacDonald - 66GP
Manning - 65GP
Sanheim - 49GP
Alt - 8GP
Morin - 2GP
O’Neill - 1GP
Oduya - 1GP

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
fans in the 90s: "He's got a concussion?! What a *****! Take some Tylenol and play!"

fans in 2018: "Was there any head contact?! He should sit out for the next 60 games as a precaution!"

2018 fans are right about this. Don't play hockey with a concussion.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Morin is no longer excempt to waivers. He will be on the roster next season.

But it's an uphill battle for him and let's keep in mind that he only played 15 games this season. Making it as the #7 roster fill in doesn't mean shit for him. He needs to make it as a regular and get a lot of playing time.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Morin is no longer excempt to waivers. He will be on the roster next season.

But it's an uphill battle for him and let's keep in mind that he only played 15 games this season. Making it as the #7 roster fill in doesn't mean **** for him. He needs to make it as a regular and get a lot of playing time.
He and Hagg probably will fight for the #6 spot next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad