OT: Lets talk about stocks (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I’ve started dabbling in alt coins a bit more the past month. I have been trading superfarm through Binance. I have made 7-8 trades that profited huge gains in 3-4weeks. To the tune of about 60%. Life is great. I expected a major correction on the stock market by now. Figuring the evergrande debacle would have a cascading effect. They seem to have avoided that for now, but I’m not sure how long it will last.

Anyone have any thoughts on how the crypto space will be impacted by a major correction if one were to occur?

Reactions: llamateizer

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I’ve started dabbling in alt coins a bit more the past month. I have been trading superfarm through Binance. I have made 7-8 trades that profited huge gains in 3-4weeks. To the tune of about 60%. Life is great. I expected a major correction on the stock market by now. Figuring the evergrande debacle would have a cascading effect. They seem to have avoided that for now, but I’m not sure how long it will last.

Anyone have any thoughts on how the crypto space will be impacted by a major correction if one were to occur?

Crypto is still affected by the stock market. If there is a major correction, Crypto will follow.

I'm trying to get out from alt coin. I'm doing really small alt coin trades for fun.

HUT8 is still doing great. sadly that I sold out some portion (but sent to BTCC)

We'll see. I have some bitcoins ETF so I definitely wouldn't complain but what are you basing that number on?

it's following the stock to flow model. This guy is the creator of it.
he got last 2 months perfectly and is aligned for 63k

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

The best hypothesis for how Crypto will be impacted if there's a major correction in the public markets is to look at the prices in March 2020. Everything crashed, stocks, bonds cryptos etc.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Utility stocks have been trailing the market for a long time.

Did Rogers just <bleep> the bed with their earnings because the stock is down almost 9% in a week?

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

There will be a huge correction in the crypto space. (look at March 2020)

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Crypto is still affected by the stock market. If there is a major correction, Crypto will follow.

I'm trying to get out from alt coin. I'm doing really small alt coin trades for fun.

HUT8 is still doing great. sadly that I sold out some portion (but sent to BTCC)

So basically technical analysis but for crypto? His twitter feed is... interesting to put it nicely :laugh:

I'll be happy if he's right but I wouldn't trust that guy, personally.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

PlanB is an excellent source. I also follow Willy woo and Michael Saylor, but yes, a lot of what I base that projection on is PlanB’s stock to flow model.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
The best hypothesis for how Crypto will be impacted if there's a major correction in the public markets is to look at the prices in March 2020. Everything crashed, stocks, bonds cryptos etc.
Yes and then crypto proceeded to go on a huge bull run thereafter. It will be volatile and there will be corrections, but trying to time the market with btc is not something I get too involved with. I continue to DCA. I’m not concerned in the least. If a major correction happens then I’ll just use it as a buying opportunity.

I believe ppl will want to protect/invest their money somewhere and I believe that space will be crypto. I actually think a correction may be good for crypto long term.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Yes and then crypto proceeded to go on a huge bull run thereafter. It will be volatile and there will be corrections, but trying to time the market with btc is not something I get too involved with. I continue to DCA. I’m not concerned in the least. If a major correction happens then I’ll just use it as a buying opportunity.

I believe ppl will want to protect/invest their money somewhere and I believe that space will be crypto. I actually think a correction may be good for crypto long term.

That's not different than the stock market, historically...

Of course the returns are not on the same magnitude nor the same time frame. But you asked how it would react, and I answered ;)

A public market crash is 30% at least. For bitcoin, that happens 3 times a year. Very different risk profiles.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
That's not different than the stock market, historically...

Of course the returns are not on the same magnitude nor the same time frame. But you asked how it would react, and I answered ;)

A public market crash is 30% at least. For bitcoin, that happens 3 times a year. Very different risk profiles.
For sure, but I think people/institutions will be looking for a hedge against inflation. We haven’t seen the worst of it yet, supply chain shortages etc. shit may get ugly before it gets better, but I think we see more and more flock to crypto. For all the volatility in crypto, no one loses money if this just buy and hold over the long haul, at least not yet.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Catgirl up 9200% in last 30 days.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
For sure, but I think people/institutions will be looking for a hedge against inflation. We haven’t seen the worst of it yet, supply chain shortages etc. shit may get ugly before it gets better, but I think we see more and more flock to crypto. For all the volatility in crypto, no one loses money if this just buy and hold over the long haul, at least not yet.

Stocks are a great hedge against inflation too. The best stocks are the ones who manage to pass inflation to their customers/clients. Of course, the stocks with low margins will be affected by the rise in salaries (grocery stores, restaurants, etc.).

Reactions: Woland

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Stocks are a great hedge against inflation too. The best stocks are the ones who manage to pass inflation to their customers/clients. Of course, the stocks with low margins will be affected by the rise in salaries (grocery stores, restaurants, etc.).
For sure.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Suncor cut dividends during pandemic. They just announced they’re doubling it back. I don’t think many here are in Suncor but this is great news.

The oil price surge might result in huge dividend increases over next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad