Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Jurrasic Park is my childhood. I think that Jurrassic World last year was ok, they did not make all the huge mistakes I was expecting except the trained raptors and that story about the cross mixed dino. The movie I saw yesterday is the biggest POS movie sequel I ever seen. And it's not even over yet

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
Jusqu'à la garde (custody): 7.4/10 good drama that had the potential to be great

Sully: 7.3/10

tag: 7/10 good comedy

Last edited:

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Watched The Nice Guys. Expected it to be a piece of ****, but man, that was really fun and enjoyable.
Agreed.

And I watched Solo last Saturday. My friend and I had low expectactions going in to see the movie. And you know what? We both really enjoyed Solo. I was entertained, and wasn't asking for more. Good choice of actors, and entertaining.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Agreed.

And I watched Solo last Saturday. My friend and I had low expectactions going in to see the movie. And you know what? We both really enjoyed Solo. I was entertained, and wasn't asking for more. Good choice of actors, and entertaining.
I didn't see Solo yet, but I saw the Last Jedi on Sunday and had the same reaction as you. Everyone kept telling me it was awful, but I quite enjoyed it.

The only thing that bothered me a little is how powerful the Jedi have become. It threw me off a little.

Overall, I didn't get much of the complaints.

Reactions: Redux91 and PhysicX

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Jurrasic Park is my childhood. I think that Jurrassic World last year was ok, they did not make all the huge mistakes I was expecting except the trained raptors and that story about the cross mixed dino. The movie I saw yesterday is the biggest POS movie sequel I ever seen. And it's not even over yet

Fallen kingdom was terrific for what it was
It was only made as a set up and conclusion to part 3.
With the way it ended Colin Trevorrow can make the movie he wanted to in the first place
Jurassic world serves as the perfect sequel for the first 3 movies and a start to a new trilogy
Fallen kingdom only serves to set up number 3
Great popcorn movie. Chris Pratt is amazing
Here’s hoping he’s the next Indiana Jones after Harrison ford finally retires the whip and fedora

Reactions: Tim Wallach

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I didn't see Solo yet, but I saw the Last Jedi on Sunday and had the same reaction as you. Everyone kept telling me it was awful, but I quite enjoyed it.

The only thing that bothered me a little is how powerful the Jedi have become. It threw me off a little.

Overall, I didn't get much of the complaints.
In my opinion, Solo is better, or at least more fun than Rogue One and The Last Jedi.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Only 5 more sleeps. :D

That one's on my radar also.

Amy Adams was on Jimmy Fallon's show a few days ago and discussed Sharper Objects as of 1:00 from the following segment:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Watched the Scottish production Calibre on Netflix. It's a concept that has been done before in American film but still delivers a healthy dose of tension and suspense throughout. Chose it on a whim and it worked out. Only found out afterwards that it had very good RT ratings.

Reactions: Bryson

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Watched the Scottish production Calibre on Netflix. It's a concept that has been done before in American film but still delivers a healthy dose of tension and suspense throughout. Chose it on a whim and it worked out. Only found out afterwards that it had very good RT ratings.

Calibre

Tensely solid Netflix UK suspense in a similar vein to Eden Lake.
Leaves you thinking far after the credits.

Backcounty on Netflix as well. not great but definitely not bad.

Reactions: Runner77

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I've watched the first Bruce Willis movie I've liked in years. It's called "Once Upon a Time in Venice". It's similar to movies like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and the Nice Guys as far as tone about various things that happens to an old PI. It's not great but it's very watchable and funny. Like Nice Guys it's a good laid back "watch with a cup of coffee" sort of movie. And Bruce Willis doesn't shy away from looking ridiculous in it which is always a good sign when an actor does that.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I've watched the first Bruce Willis movie I've liked in years. It's called "Once Upon a Time in Venice". It's similar to movies like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and the Nice Guys as far as tone about various things that happens to an old PI. It's not great but it's very watchable and funny. Like Nice Guys it's a good laid back "watch with a cup of coffee" sort of movie. And Bruce Willis doesn't shy away from looking ridiculous in it which is always a good sign when an actor does that.

Interesting. I just finished watching Death Wish.
It was good to see Bruce Willis back to action. Not the most brilliant or unique script but very well executed. A few of those scenes were brutal

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I liked him when I first saw him in Moonlighting with Cybill Shepherd. Those two were great together. Loved The Fifth Element, never really got into the Die Hard series. I'll check out Death Wish.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Started to watch the 10 episodes series of The Vietnam War: A Film by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick.
Episodes are between 80 and 150 minutes. Very good footages and loaded with information. Make me want to visit Vietnam, their women are gorgeous.

I was married to one for 8 years, I was actually married a bit longer since I had a good health insurance (the idiocy of the US system) and kept her on my insurance for 4 more years until she got s decent job. We split after 8 years. She was definitely not a shy little rose that brought the slippers when I got home. I can understand why they kicked the US's arse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad