OT: Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ah last scene was not micheal bay cmon, it was a fantastic battle, really intense

insane movie, really enjoyed it, the canonfire and bullets WHISTLING by peoples heads really had you on the edge of your seat

havent seen a good WWII like that since saving private ryan easily,

only scene i wasnt too crazy about was the dinner scene, felt odd the whole time

It is Michael Bay... Impossible to take 200-300 of the best Nazi's with only four of you and a tank. It was an ambush for sure, but come on.

The US tanks vs the Tiger was by far the best scene. So intense, yet realistic. You understand the tactical advantage the german had with these tanks and why they were feared.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
It is Michael Bay... Impossible to take 200-300 of the best Nazi's with only four of you and a tank. It was an ambush for sure, but come on.

The US tanks vs the Tiger was by far the best scene. So intense, yet realistic. You understand the tactical advantage the german had with these tanks and why they were feared.

Your absolutely right that the Tiger Tank vs 3 Sherman tanks was the BEST scene in the movie, man that was fun to watch

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Re: Breaking Bad

Through the end of season two I had no understanding of why everybody hates Skyler.

Then at the start of season three she files for divorce and I find myself feeling antipathy for her. But ... she is technically fair in filing for divorce.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing

Through the end of season two I had no understanding of why everybody hates Skyler.

Then at the start of season three she files for divorce and I find myself feeling antipathy for her. But ... she is technically fair in filing for divorce.

She's just annoying. She's the only character that I thought we as not well written. Her motivations seem to switch randomly. To me she's the only stain in an otherwise impeccable show

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006
She's just annoying. She's the only character that I thought we as not well written. Her motivations seem to switch randomly. To me she's the only stain in an otherwise impeccable show

Still not as bad as the handicapped son. Only thing he cares about is breakfast.

And the only moment I actually liked him was at the end of the last season when he jumped and protected the family or something... He looked pretty badass at that moment.

To me, the best thing about Breaking Bad was Aaron Paul. His interpretation was simply magnificent, IMO, as Jesse Pinkman. I've rarely seen an actor portray a character that well to be honest.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I re-watched O'Brother Where Art Thou.

Not as good as I remember it, but still good. A little anti-climatic tho.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

I watched Breaking Bad "after the fact" as well and didn't understand the hate for Skyler either.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Walking Dead has been really good so far this season. [spoil]Loved it when Rick said last night "But I already made you a promise" then bam![/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Watched Fury. Aside from the last scene, which was really Michael Bay, it's the best war movie I've seen since... heck I don't even know.

I really liked it too. Great acting, great story.

A few weaknesses

[Spoil]- The first time we saw the SS battalion, 1/3 of them were wielding Panzerfausts, yet none of them shot at the tank when the tank started firing
- Where the hell did the halftrack go? I remember the Supply Truck blowing up, but what happened with the Halftrack?

-How can you miss a panzefaust shot from a distance of 5 feet? [/SPOIL]

Outside of that it was really good. The dinner scene was indeed awkward, but I liked it that way. It was important to define the traits of a few characters.

What I liked was that the movie wasn't scared to show that the characters were far from perfect and all had weaknesses. It also didn't embellish the terrible situation those men were fighting in.

My top3 so far this year: Edge of Tomorrow, The Judge and Fury.

Fury was the best historic war movie I saw at the theater in a while, no doubt.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I really liked it too. Great acting, great story.

A few weaknesses

SPOILER

- The first time we saw the SS battalion, 1/3 of them were wielding Panzerfausts, yet none of them shot at the tank when the tank started firing
- Where the hell did the halftrack go? I remember the Supply Truck blowing up, but what happened with the Halftrack?

-How can you miss a panzefaust shot from a distance of 5 feet?

Outside of that it was really good. The dinner scene was indeed awkward, but I liked it that way. It was important to define the traits of a few characters.

What I liked was that the movie wasn't scared to show that the characters were far from perfect and all had weaknesses. It also didn't embellish the terrible situation those men were fighting in.

My top3 so far this year: Edge of Tomorrow, The Judge and Fury.

Fury was the best historic war movie I saw at the theater in a while, no doubt.

For sure, that last scene was ridiculous :laugh: I don't know why they did it this way... Was it made out to be that way ?

As for the Half track, they probably blew it up with a canon shot ?

(You can use spoilers by using brackets and "spoil" like you would do with a quote.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
For sure, that last scene was ridiculous :laugh: I don't know why they did it this way... Was it made out to be that way ?

As for the Half track, they probably blew it up with a canon shot ?

(You can use spoilers by using brackets and "spoil" like you would do with a quote.

Thanks for the spoilers tip.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
just finished watching Gone Girl. It was ok. 7/10

First half was great. Second half was too far-fetched and tedious. I really didn't enjoy the second half.

Gone Girl was long in stretches and could have used tighter editing, especially that a lot of scenes contributing nothing new to the plot.

The 2nd half self-destructed and became a parody unto itself and the fear factor that had been ramped up, suddenly deflating in a totally irrational fashion, totally inconsistent with what the first half had built up.

The diary writing thing and the "clues" left out and about by the wife, evoked the practises of another era and were arcane for the most part. It had a lot of elements of an 18th century type narrative, given the tempo, attempts at creating mystery and the backdrop of class warfare.

If you must see it, wait for the DVD or for HBO to show it. Not worth the trouble.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
The Walking Dead started off pretty good so far. Last season tired me out with all the walking through the woods scenes.

It's better because they may finally have a mission (going to Washington) other than just surviving. Now I would not be surprised if they "kill" that mission for an endless fight against the cannibals.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

Yea she was annoying. She was so hollier than thou over the whole thing.

Another thing is that we hate her cause we like Walter so much.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I really loved the Game. I found it really entertaining, to my surprise.

Fight Club and Se7en are classics. Especially Se7en (probably my favourite ending to a movie).

I remember when I saw Seven, the moment from when they get to the desert to the head in the box, I was completely in trance during the whole thing. Then I watched the rest of the audience and they were the same. It was this amazing experience.

Fight Club, I liked a huge part of it but some other elements I didn't like. I remember how pissed off I was by the twist at the end. I thought it felt so shallow and random.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
It's not like I'm looking very closely, but it seems to me that Walking Dead went from a TV series to a soap. The point is not to tell a fast paced story, but rather to drag things on with a bunch of writers than ran out of ideas a long time ago.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
There has to be a limit to what you can come up with about a World where you try to survive against zombies. I mean it's not like vampires and werewolves where you can turn some people and they can still be part of the show.

ninjagaiden

Oct 1, 2014
It's not like I'm looking very closely, but it seems to me that Walking Dead went from a TV series to a soap. The point is not to tell a fast paced story, but rather to drag things on with a bunch of writers than ran out of ideas a long time ago.

why quit when you're ahead? it's like what happened to sons of anarchy, scrubs, house, dexter

sons of anarchy got into the 3rd season and then it was like rinse and repeat

but started watching american horror story really digging that so far

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
why quit when you're ahead? it's like what happened to sons of anarchy, scrubs, house, dexter

sons of anarchy got into the 3rd season and then it was like rinse and repeat

but started watching american horror story really digging that so far

That's why I didn't watch any of these.

I've said it before, but to me, the best TV series ever was Omerta. OK they had these big-*** cell phones which look a little outdated, but damn it was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad