OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVIII

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Any1 see Yellowstone? Watched episode 1 today and I am thinking poor mans Sons of Anarchy on horses instead of bikes. Definitely going to give it a go. Thoughts without spoilers?

Liked the movie The Gentleman as well and watched it 2x in the last week. But a big fan of Snatch and those similar type movies also. Any thought on it?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Cobra Kai season 3: 8/10 fun and entertaining.

I'm only about halfway through......but it's extra-cheese, lots of hearts with a high dose of nostalgia and despite being at their 3rd season, it's still compelling. They still don't pretend to make a work of art and simply make it simple, easy going, fun and entertaining. Loving it. Lawrence's character is really driving the show.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
AFAIMC, Endgame marked the end of the golden age for superhero movies.

Honestly, from a strictly creative and market saturation standpoint, the pandemic delays for movies I think is a slight blessing in disguise. No Marvel Studio movies were released last year, and while Black Widow was done, the time off should help the creative teams properly plan out phase 4 and 5, especially with the passing of Chadwick Boseman.

Reactions: Runner77

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Any1 see Yellowstone? Watched episode 1 today and I am thinking poor mans Sons of Anarchy on horses instead of bikes. Definitely going to give it a go. Thoughts without spoilers?

Liked the movie The Gentleman as well and watched it 2x in the last week. But a big fan of Snatch and those similar type movies also. Any thought on it?
It's not bad, gets better, unlike SoA .

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Umbrella academy season 1
6/10, somewhat boring minus the last couple episodes.

I've started some Marvel series with some less known"superheroes"

Daredevil season 1
8.5/10, didn't know a lot about Daredevil. Really good.

Jessica Jones season 1
8/10, keeps you on edge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milhouse40

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

I've started some Marvel series with some less "superheroes"

Daredevil season 1

Jessica Jones season 1
8/10, keeps you on edge.

Daredevil was awesome. Of the Netflix shows, if they decide to continue on Disney+ or bring into the movies, I'd like them to bring in Daredevil and The Punisher. The Punisher was also a very good series.

If you want something anti-Marvel, you should check out The Boys.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Daredevil season 1

Jessica Jones season 1
8/10, keeps you on edge.

I had a very hard time going through the 1st season of Umbrella Academy.....but the 2nd was much better in my opinion.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal

I’m thinking of watching The Gentleman this week. I too am a huge fan of Snatch and Lock, Stock so I’m looking forward to the Gentleman

Reactions: aresknights

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Watched the final 10 new episodes of Vikings over the weekend and for the most part I quite enjoyed how they finished this series up.

I wonder if Brent Burns will be fully healed from injuries he sustained during his Vikings acting stint and be ready for training camp. :)

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
No country for old men: Amazing through and through. Don't know why I kept putting off this movie. I think I unconsciously simply really hated Javier Bardem's dickhead haircut. Watch this if you haven't already.

Starting to watch the series Billions. After the pilot, I like the premise, but there's an underlying corniness with some of the script. Hopefully it doesn't go down the road of the later seasons of Suits.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm only about halfway through......but it's extra-cheese, lots of hearts with a high dose of nostalgia and despite being at their 3rd season, it's still compelling. They still don't pretend to make a work of art and simply make it simple, easy going, fun and entertaining. Loving it. Lawrence's character is really driving the show.

Ya it's weird how they made it but it works. Super cheesy moments but they make it look like they are fully aware it. Like even the fights, they don't make them perfect or impressive, just more cheesy fights that are awkward. It's like shameless cheesiness. But then they throw in a ''f***ing p***y'' from the sensei to the kids and it's also hilarious.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

Daredevil season 1

Jessica Jones season 1
8/10, keeps you on edge.

Daredevil S1 and the Punisher are the best of the Marvel series. Daredevil S2 and Jessica Jones are also worthwhile.

Luke Cage, Iron Fist and the Defenders are probably not worth your time, in my opinion.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Daredevil S1 and the Punisher are the best of the Marvel series. Daredevil S2 and Jessica Jones are also worthwhile.

Luke Cage, Iron Fist and the Defenders are probably not worth your time, in my opinion.

The first half of season one of Luke Cage was dope. Cottonmouth was a cool bad guy but then they pivot to Juice from SoA and it’s not interesting anymore :laugh:

I agree with Iron Fist though, I didn’t really enjoy it. The worst part for me was how bad the martial art stunts were. For a show based around them they were extremely disappointing.

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
I’m thinking of watching The Gentleman this week. I too am a huge fan of Snatch and Lock, Stock so I’m looking forward to the Gentleman
It was not bad but it's no lstsb though. To be fair, that movie was likely guy richie's magnum opus. It was enjoyable but forgettable.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
It was not bad but it's no lstsb though. To be fair, that movie was likely guy richie's magnum opus. It was enjoyable but forgettable.

Top Guy Ritchie movies for me:
- Snatch
- RocknRolla
- Lock Stock
- The Gentlemen
- Revolver (not for everyone, but I got a soft spot for it)

Could watch any of these at any given moment at any time of day and enjoy the shit out of it

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
This was worth seeing. The best Hitchcock film Hitchcock never made:huh::)
Grant and Hepburn are pretty funny.

upload_2021-1-10_8-19-58.jpeg

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
No country for old men: Amazing through and through. Don't know why I kept putting off this movie. I think I unconsciously simply really hated Javier Bardem's dickhead haircut. Watch this if you haven't already.

Starting to watch the series Billions. After the pilot, I like the premise, but there's an underlying corniness with some of the script. Hopefully it doesn't go down the road of the later seasons of Suits.

Really enjoyed No country for old men.Haven't seen many film with Brolin,but he's pretty good in the films I've seen him in. Hail Cesar was not bad,made better with Ralph Fiennes cameos.

What's wrong with Bardens hair in the movie? I got an old toupee just like it:eek::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad