OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVIII

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
WandaVision is starting to get really interesting. 4 more episodes to go, it’ll be fun to see where they take it and which other Marvel characters are introduced.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
WandaVision is starting to get really interesting. 4 more episodes to go, it’ll be fun to see where they take it and which other Marvel characters are introduced.

I think the end scene was the big cameo everyone on the cast had been hyping. Not sure how it’s going to play out.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Started a new series, Little Fires Everywhere (Hulu).

I agree with the reviews, when tension breaks, this series is riveting. It sometimes feels like it's holding back and you'd wish it would go farther but it's gripping as it is. Am at Episode 4 and liking it a lot.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

I agree with the reviews, when tension breaks, this series is riveting. It sometimes feels like it's holding back and you'd wish it would go farther but it's gripping as it is. Am at Episode 4 and liking it a lot.

I never watched it but my wife loves the show.

Side note, thanks for mentioning Warrior a while back. I've just started it and finished episode 2. I am quite enjoying it so far which I'll admit, I wasn't sure I'd get into until the lead character beat the crap out of the immigration guys.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I never watched it but my wife loves the show.

Side note, thanks for mentioning Warrior a while back. I've just started it and finished episode 2. I am quite enjoying it so far which I'll admit, I wasn't sure I'd get into until the lead character beat the crap out of the immigration guys.

You're welcome. @groovejuice recommended Warrior to me and he was spot on.

We can't all like the same things but a lot of the recommendations in here are worth looking into -- nice to have an on-going thread with such good content.

Once I'm done with this, I'll continue with WandaVision and Collateral (recommended by @GoodKiwi ) -- saw the first episode and it looks promising.

Too many series, so little time.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

We watched that and loved it as well.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
You're welcome. @groovejuice recommended Warrior to me and he was spot on.

We can't all like the same things but a lot of the recommendations in here are worth looking into -- nice to have an on-going thread with such good content.

Once I'm done with this, I'll continue with WandaVision and Collateral (recommended by @GoodKiwi ) -- saw the first episode and it looks promising.

Too many series, so little time.

We will both forget we sorta recommended A Million Little Things....

Too bad it fell off a cliff. We need a “bro show” on TV, even it they are Bruins fans lol.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We will both forget we sorta recommended A Million Little Things....

Too bad it fell off a cliff. We need a “bro show” on TV, even it they are Bruins fans lol.

To be fair, we both liked the concept but that was before we saw its execution.

Make that, the lack of execution. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: sandviper

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Watched The Little Things on the weekend. It was a decent show, a little sloppy I guess and crazily enough, I didn't like Malik in his role. He just didn't work for me lol.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What in Heaven's name is this crap?

These guys used to be a little street racing gang that steel merchandise from trucks in three little honda civics. Now they're like superheroes/villains.
I think Vin Diesel is the only actor I actually hate.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

These guys used to be a little street racing gang that steel merchandise from trucks in three little honda civics. Now they're like superheroes/villains.

The series has gone this direction since the 4th movie. While we can debate the quality, which I’ve gone on record in the past when discussing this series by saying this among the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen but love it, the move from street racing (which is why I loved the earlier movies) to pure action franchise was the best move for the studio FINANCIALLY. These movies are making money hand over fist and I’m with you, VD is one of my least favorite actors. Saving Private Ryan is my favorite movie of his because he dies.

Anyhow, the F&F series has moments of some great car work, but it’s super over the top and I’ll credit the producers for taking something so absurd and running with it, literally....

Last edited:
Reactions: ArsHabs

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The series has gone this direction since the 4th movie. While we can debate the quality, which I’ve gone on record in the past when discussing this series by saying this among the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen but love it, the move from street racing (which is why I loved the earlier movies) to pure action franchise was the best move for the studio FINANCIALLY. These movies are making money hand over fist and I’m with you, VD is one of my least favorite actors. Saving Private Ryan is my favorite movie of his because he dies.

Anyhow, the F&F series has moments of some great car work, but it’s super over the top and I’ll credit the producers for taking something so absurd and running with it, literally....

That's harsh.....Vin Diesel is fantastic in Guardians of the Galaxy, perfect role for him.

Reactions: Redux91

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
That's harsh.....Vin Diesel is fantastic in Guardians of the Galaxy, perfect role for him.

Actually, had he actually played Black Bolt in the originally planned Inhumans movie, he maybe would had had like 10 words of dialogue.

Anyhow, I'm just poking fun... I don't hate VD, though I don't really like him much either. I do find myself rooting against him sometimes in the F&F movies like his one on one with The Rock.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I'm not blaming the producers..there's clearly a demand for it. Obviously not from me. It makes zero sense. I did enjoy the first one..remember watching it at Guzzo spheretech and everyone started racing after...like any smart 18yo would do. Didn't really like the other ones.
I just find it funny how they shameless turned it into some superhero flick. In this current trailer Vin Diesel breaks a wall with his head and he keeps fighting like nothing happened! Lolll..

Reactions: LaP

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Lmao, this is insane, I love it :laugh:

I won't watch it, but god damn, to think someone said : "Yup, heres 40 millions, that sounds like fun" :laugh:

I still love that scene from FF8 with the mustang cliff jump

Actually, had he actually played Black Bolt in the originally planned Inhumans movie, he maybe would had had like 10 words of dialogue.

Anyhow, I'm just poking fun... I don't hate VD, though I don't really like him much either. I do find myself rooting against him sometimes in the F&F movies like his one on one with The Rock.

More like a few whisper

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

That looks so fake because if I know anything from watching movies that bus would automatically explode when crashing.

GregariousPertinentBoa-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: A Loyal Hot Dog

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I'm not blaming the producers..there's clearly a demand for it. Obviously not from me. It makes zero sense. I did enjoy the first one..remember watching it at Guzzo spheretech and everyone started racing after...like any smart 18yo would do. Didn't really like the other ones.
I just find it funny how they shameless turned it into some superhero flick. In this current trailer Vin Diesel breaks a wall with his head and he keeps fighting like nothing happened! Lolll..

Ha, that’s no big deal in the F&F franchise. Other than VD cracking concrete with his feet, here is another superhero gem... daddy’s got to go to work.

That looks so fake because if I know anything from watching movies that bus would automatically explode when crashing.

GregariousPertinentBoa-max-1mb.gif

Haha. Actually the most unrealistic thing about that stunt is there would be not enough traction in the shoes he wore. So unrealistic...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Gina Caranos been dropped from Mandalorian... Eh, I mean, dumbass comments and boomer level argumentation and memes, but thats some pretty weak crap to fire someone over. She's stupid for the comparison but its true that political views are at the helm of a lot of deaths in the history... I don't know, that really does sound like cancel culture, but then again, she should be much smarter lmao.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Gina Caranos been dropped from Mandalorian... Eh, I mean, dumbass comments and boomer level argumentation and memes, but thats some pretty weak crap to fire someone over. She's stupid for the comparison but its true that political views are at the helm of a lot of deaths in the history... I don't know, that really does sound like cancel culture, but then again, she should be much smarter lmao.

She wasn't even particularly wrong, that there's a process to becoming pure evil, it doesn't happen overnight. But this is hollywood, it's never a good idea to make a point using Nazi Germany.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

I have to agree here though this was a pattern for her given past comments she's made. While I think we should be free to express our thoughts, tbf, she should also had been aware of who she works for; one of the biggest and most public companies in the world with relatively public liberal views. This was never going to end well for her.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I knew the story of Elisa Lam and the Cecile Hotel from day 1 it began......so I might be a little bias but the new documentary about that story. Still I think it's worth watching it (Netflix).

Well done, intriguing even if you knew the story of that hotel and Elisa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad