OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
He won't need the Raptors next year either, with that monstrous Cali home he had built.
The home built is in San Diego, his home town. Hard to read much into it. Unless he's planning on "Kobe-ing" every day via a helicopter to LA, it's simply too far from the Staples Center.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
The late Anthony Bourdain was world-famous for breaking down barriers to other countries’ cuisines, showing the world why you shouldn’t fear the unfamiliar. He rarely shied away from any crazy food choices (he once ate a still-beating cobra heart in Vietnam), but he did refuse to visit one surprising country.

No, Bourdain wasn’t afraid of political turmoil or unsanitary conditions. He was scared of Switzerland.

The One Country Where Anthony Bourdain Refused to Film an Episode

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The home built is in San Diego, his home town. Hard to read much into it. Unless he's planning on "Kobe-ing" every day via a helicopter to LA, it's simply too far from the Staples Center.

It’s not just some home he built in his home town. It’s a massive expense, one that has led pundits to believe that he built it so he could play close to where it’s located. That, plus he’s a warm weather guy.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Back to shows from this TV season, had the foresight to bail on Manifest very early into it but continued on with A Million Little Things.

Well, the latter show has begun dragging and become so depressing and am asking myself why did I jump into it in the first place. Oh yeah, I liked some of the actors. But, the whole concept is flawed. I'm getting to the point where I can't or don't want to relate with these characters anymore. Now I know why people buy guns -- I might have shot my TV by now, if I owned one.

Reactions: sandviper

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Say one thing about the US but they have really nice libraries, at least here in the greater Portland area. There is a website called Kanopy which multiple libraries all across the US support. A lot of great movies .Fellini, Bergman. Kurosawa, Truffaut De Sica and many more. Free of charge apart from a few pennies of taxes. There are so many great movies and documentaries it's hard to choose. I believe you can watch 10 per month.

Kanopy - Stream Classic Cinema, Indie Film and Top Documentaries

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I see you Connolly and raise you a prime Bellucci.

Hottest woman ever.

tKTtTG

You have great taste, I agree 100 percent, she is gorgeous in many movies but especially in Le Pacte des loups.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Back to shows from this TV season, had the foresight to bail on Manifest very early into it but continued on with A Million Little Things.

Well, the latter show has begun dragging and become so depressing and am asking myself why did I jump into it in the first place. Oh yeah, I liked some of the actors. But, the whole concept is flawed. I'm getting to the point where I can't or don't want to relate with these characters anymore. Now I know why people buy guns -- I might have shot my TV by now, if I owned one.

Yeah, I’m still watching this as well but it’s getting tiring. I don’t find it depressing that much but yeah, it is dragging. They are loading way too many storylines now and it’s really gotten away from being a bro show. Even my wife has lost interest in the “female stories”.

I’ll give it to the end of the season but not sure if I’ll pick this back up in the fall.

Reactions: Runner77

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
For those who have seen DC Titans, DC has a new spinoff:

.. but it's not on Netflix and not available in Canada :(

Edit. Has anyone seen Umbrella Academy?

Reactions: sandviper

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
@Runner77

Not sure if you've commented on this subject in here before, but what did you think of the Netflix decision to cancel Travelers?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
@Runner77

Not sure if you've commented on this subject in here before, but what did you think of the Netflix decision to cancel Travelers?

It's the first I hear of it. Damn, there goes another one that I liked. I really loved Travelers and looked forward to many more seasons. I also loved Counterpart and was equally disappointed when you posted about how it too was not coming back.

I hate to be invested in something only to find out that the plug is getting pulled.

Thanks for the heads up.

I guess something else will come up. I've been giving Russian Doll a test run. I really don't like the lead actress but the concept is interesting.

Reactions: GoodKiwi

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm a little out of the loop in terms of Netflix or HBO series. Anyone has anything recommend in the fiction genre? Not in the mood for documentaries.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

I'm shocked. This looks fantastic. This is exactly what Doom Patrol should be. Been in a while since I have liked anything has done. Hopefully the show is as good as the trailers.

----------

BTW a spy working on the production of the Season 8 of Game of Thrones has released a drawing of what we can expect:

tumblr_nrpejhgUvH1uroz2uo2_1280.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I see that HBO is running promos for Barry, S2 which is supposed to start in the spring. Loved S1, this should be worthwhile.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Umbrella academy is pretty good. Like it more than Titans actually. It's like the X-men if Xavier was a philanthropic twat with control issues.

But my coup-de-coeur of the month is Sex Ed. @Mrb1p talked about it last week, so i decided to give a try. I binged watched the whole season (8 ep) in just a day, with no distractions. Funny and quirky, i really liked it.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Umbrella academy is pretty good. Like it more than Titans actually. It's like the X-men if Xavier was a philanthropic **** with control issues.

But my coup-de-coeur of the month is Sex Ed. @Mrb1p talked about it last week, so i decided to give a try. I binged watched the whole season (8 ep) in just a day, with no distractions. Funny and quirky, i really liked it.

I never heard of Umbrella Academy until this weekend. Seems reviews have been positive as well.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia