Lets talk about Auston Matthews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Just shows how the media can create chaos from nothing. I'm pretty sure Matthews wants to win. He just has to look down to Buffalo to see how much better things are going for him. Buffalo will eventually dig their way out of that hole they've made, but that takes time.

No shock that Matthews would be happy to get a guy as talented as Tavares to join. Adding to your team gives you a better chance to win. And I'm excited to see the season Matthews can have with Tavares there. Even if Matthews usually draws the top pairings and lines...he might not always with teams being unable to just ignore Tavares either. Should make for a personally successful season and a success for the team.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Matthews is here to stay. Nylander is here to stay. Marner is here to stay. Marleau chose to come here. Tavares chose to come here. Everyone is happy. Lets stop making up crazy stuff because we've been used to the worst case scenario/being let down in the past. Things have turned a corner big time..and its painfully obvious. So stop waiting for something
to go wrong. Just enjoy :popcorn:

Last edited:
Reactions: marty111

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kyle Dubas said on the 31 Thoughts Podcast that Matthews (along with Marner and Nylander) wanted to go to LA to be apart of the meeting.

They got told no, but they all called Tavares to help pitch him, and how they all love playing in Toronto and what not.

But Matthews gonna leave lol

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
The player who wins the most out of the Tavares signing is Matthews. Maybe also Nylander. If they remain together on a line, they will get the same super easy matchups that JVR/Bozak got, and they will rip their opposition a new asshole.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Kyle Dubas said on the 31 Thoughts Podcast that Matthews (along with Marner and Nylander) wanted to go to LA to be apart of the meeting.

They got told no, but they all called Tavares to help pitch him, and how they all love playing in Toronto and what not.

But Matthews gonna leave lol

Link?

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I guarantee y'all one thang and y'all can bank on it: When looking at the actual games y'all see how players get along or not. It's just like with us who don't play anymore on the top but just visits stores, sit on tables and drink and smoke and visit hardware stores and small boutiques etc we do interract with each other. Human beings have tells. Period. If some of us fools don't like some otha sucka, that shows in our behaviour and we make faces. Facial expressions. Therefore I also see if some suckas is uncoformotable. Cause they is not loving these other honeys. Sometimes they almost hating, not liking at all. Then they stay even more silent, and in the end lose it all. Just like with Matthews during our last playoffs and series. He wasn't that happy and going on. But he might be again next season. And then all hell will brake loose. Cause I know for a fact John Boy Tavares will brake that hell loose on the ice and win some when he gets going.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I'm here sure Auston, more than anyone, is tired of all this garbage media driven stories. I fully expect he'll sign an extension this summer even if just to shut it all up. I'd bet he doesn't want this to become a sideshow during the season.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
It's funny how the Arizona Coyotes would apparently throw an offer sheet at Auston Matthews, as if MLSE couldn't just buy the Arizona Coyotes and then just trade Matthews back to Toronto.

Retaining half of his salary to boot.
:naughty:

Actually, I kind of like this stupid idea of offer sheet now. Other fans would get massive heart attacks and heart failures as their retaliative idea would backfire at them big BIG time.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Matthews is here to stay. Nylander is here to stay. Marner is here to stay. Marleau chose to come here. Tavares chose to come here. Everyone is happy. Lets stop making up crazy stuff because we've been used to the worst case scenario/being let down in the past. Things have turned a corner big time..and its painfully obvious. So stop waiting for something
to go wrong. Just enjoy :popcorn:

Eventually we might stop being pessimistic. It'll take time to heal. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad