Pre-Game Talk: Let's Pageau For It

Status
Not open for further replies.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Holland doing a good job of not answering questions he's asked. I am against this whole bringing up of arguments and stuff from years ago, but it's weird of Holland not to just address this stuff directly.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Holland doing a good job of not answering questions he's asked. I am against this whole bringing up of arguments and stuff from years ago, but it's weird of Holland not to just address this stuff directly.
Why would he?

It's just the media trying to stir shit up. Especially that weasel Rishaug.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Why would he?

It's just the media trying to stir **** up. Especially that weasel Rishaug.
Don't disagree with you at all. But he is constantly bumbling over himself so far in this availability.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Lol'd at how Braar came out with the team related question to Holland and the rest of the press was like "nah, we ain't here to talk about that"

Also lol at the not-so-subtle Hall question.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
So should I pretend that the team wouldn't be where they are without Smith this year then?
Totally, yes he had a few games where he caused his own troubles, and 2 where he should have done it for the team and pulled himself. But.... I would bet kostkos glove hand is more a result of smith than it is of shwartzisname.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
why aren't they just running with koskinen ?
Because as Tippett said yesterday, he watched Koskinen last year and saw a guy who was good and a guy who was tired.

They don't want to over work him and wear him out.

Edit: I'm fairly certain Koskinen starts tonight.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
8E5343AD-5402-41D9-BD9A-3F6225429FE2.jpeg

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Because as Tippett said yesterday, he watched Koskinen last year and saw a guy who was good and a guy who was tired.

They don't want to over work him and wear him out.

Edit: I'm fairly certain Koskinen starts tonight.
I understand this but at some point you have to let the better goalie play more.

Reactions: Pochiro

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
It’s time to start moving to koskinen starting 3/4 out of 5 starts.

I feel like Tippett is worried that if he doesn’t keep getting Smith starts and let him work through this poor stretch then he’ll lose him and smith will be useless when they actually need him. The flip side is how many games are you willing to lose because the fact of the matter is koskinen has been flat out better and the team wins when he’s in net. He deserves more starts and I don’t buy the whole “keeping him fresh excuse, it’s possible to give him a bigger share of starts and not run him into the ground. They are acting like if they don’t split the games 50/50 then Koskinen will get exhausted and fall apart. I don’t buy it.

Reactions: MessierII

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I was in the crowd and watched the sens light up the Oilers last year at Rogers. Don’t play down to the competition tonight boys. Cmon step up and win a should win game.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Farming likes with some pregame vids boys!

Made me laugh while watching these back to back, in both videos there's an injury question and Tippett goes over the injuries and then says, "Who else?..."

"Benning."

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
It’s time to start moving to koskinen starting 3/4 out of 5 starts.

I feel like Tippett is worried that if he doesn’t keep getting Smith starts and let him work through this poor stretch then he’ll lose him and smith will be useless when they actually need him. The flip side is how many games are you willing to lose because the fact of the matter is koskinen has been flat out better and the team wins when he’s in net. He deserves more starts and I don’t buy the whole “keeping him fresh excuse, it’s possible to give him a bigger share of starts and not run him into the ground. They are acting like if they don’t split the games 50/50 then Koskinen will get exhausted and fall apart. I don’t buy it.

Wouldn't that be 3/5?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad