GDT: Let's Do It Again|Jackets@Lightning|Round 1 Game 2|4-12|7:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
If Kucherov gets suspended I think it will be one game but I don't think he will be suspended.

I didn’t think much of it when it happened. I was enjoying the Bolts beat down But watching the replay, it has to be at least a game. He trips Nuti, Refs arm is up. He has to know he’s getting a penalty. The puck is floundering a couple feet in front of Nuti while Nuti has trouble getting off his knees. Instead of easily touching up the puck to get whistle, Kuch rams Nuti’s head into boards. There’s just no hockey play/reason to do that.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Does anyone else think Tampa’s “stretch passes to breakout of the zone every time” strategy just seems dumb? Like if that’s what they’ve been doing all year I’m confused.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Does anyone else think Tampa’s “stretch passes to breakout of the zone every time” strategy just seems dumb? Like if that’s what they’ve been doing all year I’m confused.

It only seems dumb because it's not currently working. Some credit goes to the Jackets for that by keeping constant pressure on them. It seems like the Lightning are a little frustrated by the lack of space in which to operate.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
It only seems dumb because it's not currently working. Some credit goes to the Jackets for that by keeping constant pressure on them. It seems like the Lightning are a little frustrated by the lack of space in which to operate.
I mean yeah, but it also seems incredibly obvious where they’re looking to pass and easy to break it up. I’m really having a hard time seeing how it’s been so successful.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I mean yeah, but it also seems incredibly obvious where they’re looking to pass and easy to break it up. I’m really having a hard time seeing how it’s been so successful.
Score 1st and it looks a lot different as the other team cant sit back. They also ate teams alive in the regular season on the PP. Generally I think they hold onto the puck more and play with patience but Columbus is in their heads right now

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I have to give Torts credit with the game plan they are executing . Usually his motto is we just need to play our game , it doesn’t matter what the opponent does . Well they clearly have changed the game plan based on Tampa’s strengths , and as critical as I have been of Torts , I give him mad props . Also , I think the board forgets what we have in Shaw . He is one of the best defensive minds in hockey . Still blows my mind we changed their roles this season , but that’s in the past now

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Hey guys, I’m rooting for you, unless we are playing each other obviously ;)

You guys deserve it as a fan base and I know all too well the feeling of struggle and disappointment as a fan of my team over the years. It’s sooooo nice to shut the unbearable Tampa fans up. Tampa is soft and not a good playoff team, you guys are going to prevail. Finish it!!!

Edit*.

I love Torts!! Always have, he’s a character and I wish there were more of those.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I'm rooting for you guys to shock the hockey world. Kucherov's out for 2-3 games. Put the final nail in their coffin.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
You guys were up 2-0 last year against Wash; just do not let up and keep pressing.

I do think that TBL is not a team well designed for the playoffs, that would be Boston and Wash whom I both loathe.

Regardless of what my Isles do, as long as neither of those teams win a cup I'll consider this season a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad