GDT: Let's Do It Again|Jackets@Lightning|Round 1 Game 2|4-12|7:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I don't get how tripping a guy just to make it worse by blasting the side of his head is much better.. but hey.

I think the NHL will have PR issues if they don't suspend him, and I think the Lightning will have PR issues when you guys beat them while their best player watches.
I don't know if you saw the play but the reason nut was on his knee was.. Kucherov tripped him just before.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
OK, pretty dirty hit. Definitely should be a suspension coming.

The Jackets played great for 60 minutes. Tip o' the cap to them

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Time to reflect.... The CBJ are on the cusp of epic upset in history.. If needed, game six will be played in Columbus....

Twice we have won the first two playoff games on the road... rare folks...

This time we win AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat the Bolts and make NHL history!!!!!!!!!!

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The dude needs to learn to control himself.

He has a history of this. This is from game seven last playoffs when the score was 4-0 and about 2 minutes left. He got a penalty:

He took out a Capitals players legs just two weeks ago with five minutes left in a 6-2 lose. Great player, petulant baby when he loses.

Reactions: Madifer

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Yeah, but it’s nikita Kucherov. And it’s tampa. I think it’s a deserving suspension but if Andrew Shaw gets off free I bet he does too

Doughty got suspended in the playoffs last year (for in my opinion a hit not as dangerous/intentional as today’s), so it’s not like the league is afraid to suspend star players. Shaw hit was not good, and I think intentional, but the key words there are “I think”. There is no “I think” in this case. Not to mention Shaw’s was open ice while Kucherov sandwiched Nuti’s head between the boards and his (Kucherov’s) body.

Kadri was a repeat offender. He also jumped into his hit. Kucherov isn’t a repeat offender (though he’s faced fines before so maybe he’s “kind of” one). But he lined up and targeted a defenseless player in the head out of frustration. His ONLY goal of the hit was to injure. Further, you could at least argue Kadri was sticking up for his teammate. Kucherov actually TRIPPED Nuti THEN hit him completely unprovoked. I’d be surprised if Kucherov doesn’t get a game. Maybe two. Doubt he gets three like Kadri, due to non-repeat offender/non-jump.

Last edited:

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
There was literally not one thing to not like about our game today.

1) Bob was good.

2) He wasn’t great because we gave up few grade-A chances so he didn’t have to be great.

3) Great PP.

4) Strong PK when we needed it.

5) Awesome start.

6) After aforementioned awesome start, we played a smart game. Mostly avoided safe is death. Clogged up the neutral zone. Made sure we didn’t give up odd-man rushes. “Mucked it up.” Essentially the opposite of what Tampa did against us after they went up 3-0 on Wednesday.

7) Showed poise and a great response as a team at literally the only time we faced adversity tonight.

8) Despite making sure we didn’t give up anything stupid defensively (see #6), our forwards were still aggressive on the forecheck, even while leading late in the 3rd, which turned into goals 4 and 5.

Reactions: CBJ AZ goalie

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
As I recall that first period, Jones gifted them a goal with a turnover at the point on a PP. Then Bob gave up a juicy rebound, and wasn't very sharp. Two gifts.

Texier missed on a breakaway, and Bjorkstrand and a golden chance as well.

My point is that I'm not completely buying the line that Tampa won the first period because they wanted to then lost interest. I call BS on that. We were poor but got better, and the turnaround had as much or more to do with us than it did with them.

We are going to be the better team tonight for 30 minutes, and Tampa will be the better team for 30 minutes. Do better with the chances and this goes back to Columbus 2-0.

I'm a big boy, and can admit when I'm wrong. We were the better team for about 50-55 minutes tonight, not 30. Sorry.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Couldn't watch last night so I had a delightful morning watching the Jackets destroy the Bolts. Watching that game you would think the Jackets were top seed. Where the eff was the team we've seen the last 5 periods been all year.

Reality Check: Jackets up 2-0 on Caps. 2018.

They keep playing the way they are they could sweep. But until they do I'll have Jackets fan anxiety,

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
If Kucherov gets suspended I think it will be one game but I don't think he will be suspended.
Inquiring minds want to know how this hearing turns out.

I kinda think the league would have a tough time with this.

Is the sequence suspendable? Absolutely

Does the league want to make a decision that could alter the outcome of a playoff series? I'm not sure

rinkleroot

May 3, 2009
Kucherov will probably get 1 game suspension, he deserves at least 2 games. If a BJ player did that to Kucherov they'd get at the least a 2 game suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad