GDT: Let's Do It Again|Jackets@Lightning|Round 1 Game 2|4-12|7:00 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I went out drinking with the wife... as soon as we jumped on them and built a lead I figured it wasn't appropriate to post in order to avoid a jinx ;)

So I'm on #8 or so... and with that said...

Helluva win, feels like we've broken them big time... BUT, we did this last year (though in less back-breaking fashion) so I'm not about to get my hopes up.

The hardest work is yet to come. Take care of business at home and prove things for good. :yo:

VABUCK

Oct 31, 2014
Midlothian, VA
The cynic in me says there will be no suspension. How could you have your Art Ross trophy winner make his next public appearance in late June in Las Vegas.

The hockey fan in me says 3 games.

I’ll be shocked if he gets any suspension.

The cynic in me says if the hit was against the Penguins it would be 3 games but since it's the Jackets, time served no further punishment.

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
Pens fan here. CBJ was my Western favourite until you guys moved over to the east.

Colour me impressed. This team is clicking so well together. I hope you guys take this series, it'd be a hell of a story.

And if my Pens don't end up getting out of the hole they're in, you guys better take out the Caps in our stead in the ECF.

Good luck going forward!

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Pens fan here. CBJ was my Western favourite until you guys moved over to the east.

Colour me impressed. This team is clicking so well together. I hope you guys take this series, it'd be a hell of a story.

And if my Pens don't end up getting out of the hole they're in, you guys better take out the Caps in our stead in the ECF.

Good luck going forward!
Don't make me like a Pens fan! LOL
(I actually don't think the Caps will make the ECF)

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So by having a hearing, I'm assuming that it is a good sign for a suspension. I don't know of how many times I've ever heard of a meeting that didn't involve a suspension. Maybe a couple of times where there was only a fine?

Andrew Shaw had a hearing after head shotting McQuaid. Nothing

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Andrew Shaw had a hearing after head shotting McQuaid. Nothing
There was no hearing for that one. It came out the next day from other media sources that it would not be looked at and there is no mention of it on the Player Safety twitter page.

What I see in recent instances on the twitter timeline is that if they announce there is a hearing, there is a suspension. In instances where there was only a fine, no hearing was announced prior to the fine being given

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Apr 9, 2009
USA

I don't get how tripping a guy just to make it worse by blasting the side of his head is much better.. but hey.

I think the NHL will have PR issues if they don't suspend him, and I think the Lightning will have PR issues when you guys beat them while their best player watches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->